Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

First part of a miniseries called Untold Kerbal Tales! Hope you'll enjoy it! :)
Excuse me for low quality. I don't have such a powerful PC, but I have ideas. And that's what really matters, right? :)

On 2017-5-5 at 7:01 AM, TheYellowMan said:

First part of a miniseries called Untold Kerbal Tales! Hope you'll enjoy it! :)
Excuse me for low quality. I don't have such a powerful PC, but I have ideas. And that's what really matters, right? :)

Quality wasn't too bad it didn't distract from your tale... and the storyline is a fresh take on Kerbal verse. Nice job!  Looking forward to the next chapter at Moho!

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

So here I am! Waaah! I finished my 2 part series, deleted the original [The Kraken I] from YT, because I found some minor problems what I made... :)

Ladies and getlemen! The (slightly modified) first episode! Next will be the second! :)

And the second part, here it is, enjoy! :)

21 hours ago, KnutG said:

My last video documents a special Duna trip - in Boeing 60´s style ( https://www.wired.com/2012/10/dyna-soars-martian-cousin-bonos-mars-glider-1960/ )

Really cool video. How can you handle the camera so good?

On 24.5.2017 at 4:07 PM, TheYellowMan said:
On 23.5.2017 at 7:13 PM, KnutG said:

My last video documents a special Duna trip - in Boeing 60´s style ( https://www.wired.com/2012/10/dyna-soars-martian-cousin-bonos-mars-glider-1960/ )

Really cool video. How can you handle the camera so good?

Thanks! I tryed to make good cameramovements but its not perfect at the moment :wink: - I have used the CameraTools Mod and there different options like path camera and standing camera.

Here's my second KSP cinematic: Last Man Standing.

I put a whole ton of work into filming and editing this (mostly the latter). I'm really proud of this one, so I hope you guys appreciate it as much as I do, because who doesn't love stock air combat?

Edited by Servo

1 hour ago, Stevie_D said:

@Servo That mission control area in your vid is really creative! Great little vid. Felt like i was back in the 80s watching Top Gun heh

Thanks! I was trying for the Top Gun vibe there (because if you're using F-14s and MiG-21s pulling 4G inverted dives  F-5s, it's hard not to). 

I wasn't going for artistically impressive, rather technically impressive (I had 7 planes in the air at once, swing wings on the F-14s, and air-to-air missiles). For my next one, I'm trying for artistic though. I heard Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders in the Sky and couldn't help but think of a chase/fight scene.

Well, I have a bit of an idea..... I apologize for the wall of text

kerbin is ruled by 5 companies (names will come later), the companies are mainly geared for war, and advancements on space exploration have been hit really hard, bases are closed down, missions cancelled, kerbin is being ruined,and other general things like that. After a while, astronomers in *insert company name here* noticed that eeloo's orbit is shifting..... very rapidly, upon closer inspection, so is duna's, eve's, and most of the other planets in the kerbol system (just not as rapidly) It is caused by strange gravitational fields, and is affecting most of kerbol`s local stellar group. The gravitational fields seem to be originating from a point, 9.3 light years from kerbol.   Most kerbals regard it as false, and/or a glitch in sensors. Very few regard it as fact, or even a problem, except for one group. This group is basically a restarted ksp, under a false name to try to prevent suspicion of other companies. The group's mission is to design, construct, and run a 250 manned organic starship, known as the (Icarus?). After launch, they rendezvous with an B type asteroid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-type_asteroid), to refuel their Antimatter Induced Organics Burning Engine (AIOBE) (a bunch of ion engines put in a hex pattern, and curved outwards) -intermission- (some scenes of travel, etc.) Finally, after relativistic effects, and SCIENCE!, they arrive at the object, in a spiral arm, of the barred spiral galaxy that kerbals call home, there is a signal broadcasting from an dodecahedron (its skeletal, as in, its just the structure)  in binary, after some translation by the computers, the signal reads: SOL system- thats all- so, of  course, the kerbals are confused.... where is the star? Then they realize, that the inhabitants of the sol system are a type 3 civilization, furthermore they successfully made a naked singularity... out of their own star so, they approach within 10 kilometers when two spacecraft appear (guess who`s spacecraft these are!) with no visible means of propulsion. Kerbals have made first contact during the beginning (ugh... the cliche) of the end of the galaxy/universe, the kerbals realize that the dodecahedron is a portal/wormhole to another universe, splitting the fabric of space-time in our own. The kerbals, realizing that this wormhole is their last chance, proceed to attempt to make contact with the spacecraft, and jokingly ask permission to beam up (kerbal's senses of humor aren't the best on a good day) The spacecraft (in binary) reply in simple terms: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! ITS THE END OF THE UNIVERSE, AND YOUR JOKING AROUND?! NO! So, the kerbals proceed to thrust towards the wormhole, to see if there is any response, they accelerate to around 12 meters a second, and slow down, there is no response. Then, an encrypted message (in binary) is received, from one of the spacecraft, which is a universal formula to calculate the properties of the universe that they will enter in a 2 second window, to up to one minute, due to the singularities rotation, the universe changes once every 2 seconds, with no discernible pattern. The dodecahedron then lights up green, one of the kerbals say it's a Christmas tree, they calculate the most optimal universe that is within 1 minute of their entrance into the singularity, and thrust... at full power towards the dodecahedron. They head through the wormhole, and arrive at an universe that is only sparsely populated by white dwarfs, and O type stars, with most in open stellar clusters, there are no galaxies yet. maybe there will be a sequel to complete the story to when they have a good foothold in the "new" universe?

Please note the condensed nature of this....

I`m thinking about 2 parts (first one is up to when they find the signal from the dodecahedron)

first one should be out by September (if all goes well)

Edited by FokkerAce

I only have an idea for a cinematic, one which I probably won't realise myself considering limited recording software, editing skill and graphics for it.

Spoiler

So, the song would be Faded by Alan Walker. The lyrics don't really fit, but I can imagine all the shots that would go with most of the different points in the song.

The first 11 seconds would be a shot of a kerbal looking up at the stars, with appropriate pans etc. and possibly flybys/other shots of the Mun and minmus

Then when the lyrics start the kerbals are designing a plane, probably propeller powered, then testing it.

Probably a shot of engine startup on the plane an drew then skipping to the plane in flight. There could be different planes also in flight showing the advancement of technology

During the build up to the chorus/instrumental, there would be lots of shots round an early rocket, possibly with an aircraft flyby.

Then when the chorus starts, the rocket launches, possibly with a few explosions, and then skipping to halfway through a second or third try, and then more and more launches and deployments of sattelites

For the second half of the first chorus, it could be a manned launch.

Then after the chorus, a few more shots of the Mun and then probes flying past it. 

The second chorus would be a launch to the Mun, with a shot of the ascent stage blasting off of the Mun.

Also could have shots of shuttle and falcon 9 launches and landings.

After chorus would be the ISS possibly, or shuttle/falcon 9 stuff

The last few seconds would be a single shot of the ITS on the launch pad, fading out slowly. 

Mods could be used, prefferably stockalike ones. Could use things like Airplanes Plus, Ven's Stock Revamp (or whatever it isn't called) and Kerbal Reusability expansion for some things

Thoughts?