Post Your Cinematics Here! (Cinematic Enthusiasts)

Halban

Ok first off THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO

Now that that's out of the way, I really have to give Achroma some mad props for this one. I just found his channel and was blown away. Check out this guys work! The props in the last half of the video are fantastic!

11 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

I'm not sure if I need to post a cinematic in order to stay her or if it just has to be related but to anyone who records either military or just with lots of parts. What kind of FPS do you tend to get?

I7 4790K

GTX 970

SSD

win 10

I see around 40 FPS with two 150 part ships loaded. I also have some tricks I outline on my thread linked in my signature if you have more questions.

Working on a practical interplanetary shuttle, returns to Kerbol using powered vertical descent...back to the pad hopefully.
Boost stage is 6 Space-Y Emus, first two stages are dropped tanks only. LH/LO Mars engines take over for the orbital circularizing and later interplanetary burns. First and second (Kerbol) descent stages use stock Swivel engines.

https://youtu.be/IPHYUmI75iA

Hey guys. I got a "Copyright Strike" on YouTube, due to me using actual songs in my videos. I was under the impression I just couldn't monetize my videos with music like that, but I was wrong. I am going to try and swap out the audio for my videos as I still have the originals. But I wanted to ask if anyone had some suggestion of YouTube safe music outside of the YouTube library?

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Hey guys. I got a "Copyright Strike" on YouTube, due to me using actual songs in my videos. I was under the impression I just couldn't monetize my videos with music like that, but I was wrong. I am going to try and swap out the audio for my videos as I still have the originals. But I wanted to ask if anyone had some suggestion of YouTube safe music outside of the YouTube library?

incompetech.com is where I get my stuff from :)

Strange though...my Kerbal on Eeloo video got a copyright notice but, as you said, it just meant I couldn't monetise. I wonder why...

14 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

incompetech.com is where I get my stuff from :)

Strange though...my Kerbal on Eeloo video got a copyright notice but, as you said, it just meant I couldn't monetise. I wonder why...

Yeah I would probably be ok putting most everything back up except that last video. It was taken down, and I was slapped with a Strike within 48 hours. But to be safe I'll just rip out all my audio.... Kinda sucks because I was really happy with how most of them turned out. I also don't have all the original shots just the compiled videos. So that's going to make for a lot of crummy videos until I make some new ones.

5 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Yeah I would probably be ok putting most everything back up except that last video. It was taken down, and I was slapped with a Strike within 48 hours. But to be safe I'll just rip out all my audio.... Kinda sucks because I was really happy with how most of them turned out. I also don't have all the original shots just the compiled videos. So that's going to make for a lot of crummy videos until I make some new ones.

Sucks man :( 

Yeah, stuff like that is a huge hassle. The trick is to try not to use particularly popular music, it either won't be in the Content ID system or it won't have such strict usage rules. MrMeeb made a great suggestion but I tend to find that royalty free music just doesn't cut it for a lot of cinematics due to a lot of it being mass-produced. It works if you can find the right tracks though. 

11 minutes ago, HatBat said:

Yeah, stuff like that is a huge hassle. The trick is to try not to use particularly popular music, it either won't be in the Content ID system or it won't have such strict usage rules. MrMeeb made a great suggestion but I tend to find that royalty free music just doesn't cut it for a lot of cinematics due to a lot of it being mass-produced. It works if you can find the right tracks though. 

I'm finding how right you are.... I'm drudging through the free bin and it's really slim pick'ns. It's kind of a broken system too. Use the music you like until they slap you on the hand for it, because you're not supposed to use the music you like. The lines are very blurry. One song by a particular band is fine while another by the same band gets you a Strike almost immediately. This really puts a damper on the cinematics for me... Not sure how well I'll be able to continue but I'm not quite ready to throw the towel in just yet. Especially since I bought some editing software not all that long ago :P

Maybe I'll retire to tutorial's, But I don't have a headset...... Just can't win for loosing.

Actually: I would greatly appreciate some feedback on a question of how I should handle this one with about 20+ videos to go back through.

(A) Bring them back with no audio

(B) Throw filler music on top of them

(C) Make a highlight real of "Pre Strike Videos"

(D) Just make new videos and start over 

Well, how bad is it? Your channel doesn't seem to have any videos but did you really have to take them all down? You mentioned you did it just to be safe but I'd say it's really not that bad. Stick them back up and continue doing what you're good at but with more caution to music. 

53 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

Thanks for your help V8, the tips brought the framerate up to an amount where a little editing can have good speed going. Not cinematic enough to post here but it was only a 20 second test.

Glad I could help.

1 hour ago, Mikki said:

I made this recently, Jeb and Bill burning fuel without rockets or boosters!

https://youtu.be/20Y2SX6UIr4

Hey man while this is very cool! This video is more about what you built, than how you filmed it. The cinematics section is intended for discussion of filming technics, lighting, angles mods.... Putting the focus on the video rather than the creation. Commercial / movie style filming. Don't misunderstand me I'm not trying to take away from what you built but this kind of video is not what this thread is intended for. Now a suggestion is if you filmed it with the HUD off (press F2) and used KerbCam / Camera Tools and multiple angles. That would have made all the difference. Also when imbedding a video on the forum. If you click "Share" on YouTube and copy that link. Post it on the forum and hit enter. It will then imbed the video like a picture and not just the link, You will draw more attention to the video that way.

edit

For example:

Edited by V8jester

Hi, 

This is my first cinematic of kerbal, with spanish subtitles, and part of the content in english, I'm working up with the english version. The challenge was get to EVE with an ALCOR and three Kerbals, survive the reentry with Alcor and a 600 Tons ship, get back to kerbin and tell a story with humor and good touch and my best feelings. Hope somebody try to see. I got out of EVE in KSP 1.0.5 thanks to the helpfully advices I found around here from Foxster, so thanks to Foxster and this amazing community. 

This is the Part 1 of the cinematic:

And this is the second one and final part:

45 days of work, hope you like it.

Thanks and best regards

Richard Groy

Edited by RichardGroy
Youtube links edited