[1.0.5] BetterTimeWarp v2.2 - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

MrHappyFace

I don't suppose there was a fix for the exploding ship bug?

Every time I use any of the main features of this mod all of my ships explode.

It has something to do with the launchpad.

Right now it appears that all of the Time adjustment mods (the 3 I've tried) have the same bug.

That's a stock bug, which will not be fixed until 1.1 appearently. It happens with less frequency on stock, and some mods can help make it more frequent: FAR, since it recalculates part area, and this, because in stock the bug appears mostly during/exiting timewarp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so for some reason when I try to install this mod it doesn't work like it should. it doesn't work at all. so I download the mod and merge the two GameData folders but nothing happens when I load the game.  any reason for this? btw if it's an incompatolity issue I can give you my modlist if you need that to know.

2 hours ago, Mate_fin said:

so for some reason when I try to install this mod it doesn't work like it should. it doesn't work at all. so I download the mod and merge the two GameData folders but nothing happens when I load the game.  any reason for this? btw if it's an incompatolity issue I can give you my modlist if you need that to know.

I can't help you unless you give me your logs. Instructions for getting logs are found in this thread, in the The Logs section: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

13 hours ago, MrHappyFace said:

I can't help you unless you give me your logs. Instructions for getting logs are found in this thread, in the The Logs section: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

it looks like a complete re-install got it to work again. but if any problems come in the future I'll let you know

MrHappyFace would it be possible to add a button to lock physics delta to the default setting when you slow down time? Or is it currently set to keep the same physics warp per in-game second as you slow down time?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

2 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

MrHappyFace would it be possible to add a button to lock physics delta to the default setting when you slow down time? Or is it currently set to keep the same physics warp per in-game second as you slow down time?

It's currently set to keep the same physics update rate for in-game seconds, and this is true for sub-1 warp because if the number of physics updates per in-game second increases, then the ship's joint's get tighter and more rigid, among other things. The goal of lossless physics is to keep  the same accuracy regardless of warp speed, so even increased accuracy from low phys-warp is bad, in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, MrHappyFace said:

It's currently set to keep the same physics update rate for in-game seconds, and this is true for sub-1 warp because if the number of physics updates per in-game second increases, then the ship's joint's get tighter and more rigid, among other things. The goal of lossless physics is to keep  the same accuracy regardless of warp speed, so even increased accuracy from low phys-warp is bad, in my opinion.

Indeed. When using large ships with Xaiiers time control mod I would always lock the delta physics warp to stock so it would decrease the amount of calculations per real second by halving in-game time while keeping the game rendering physics at the normal rate. I sounds like this is what your mod does? Xaiier has long since stopped updating his mod so I'm branching back to your mod. :) His mod was a fair bit simpler and I found it was faster to change time to what I wanted for cinematics. Removing an extra 8-10 seconds saves a lot of time in film production when repeating tasks. Thanks for the fast reply too!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.