[1.0.5] BetterTimeWarp v2.2 - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

MrHappyFace

2 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

Last time i tried this mod, it kept ripping apart my ships and throwing them back at the planet im orbiting when i come out of high time warp..is this still a thing that happens?

Unfortunately, yes...

Hopefully it will be fixed in 1.1 with the Unity 5 PhysX update, but for now, try coming out of warp really slowly, only going down a level of warp every second or two. That seems to work for me.

I keep on exploding on reentering the ship from the tracking station, after using  1.000.000x speed.

With hyper-warp I've warped 120days forward in the tracking station, every step with a few seconds in between, then at 1x I've switched to my vessel and as soon as its loaded it explodes. And the quicksave or normal save keeps on exploding as well until I quit the game and restart it.

F3 says: crashed into launchpad

Ship was in 80km Kerbin Orbit

Max Physics Delta-Time per Frame: 0.04sec

On 11.1.2016 at 6:09 AM, CaribouGone said:

i think i found a bug: sometimes the menu persists between scene change, and cannot be hidden again. it even persists in the vab/sph.

or on the main menu. So, the only way to get rid of it again is completely quitting the game (and restarting takes minutes with >100 mods). For me, this happens every time I forget to close the menu before switching scenes (say by clicking on a Kerbal Alarm Clock notification).

I think I know what causes this persistent menu bug you guys have been having, and it'll probably be fixed in the next version.

I also know about the exploding-after-time-warping bug. It's caused by a bug in Krakensbane, which makes the KSC appear inside your ship for a split second. I've even had it happen to me in stock (I checked the flight log, and it said part has crashed into Launchpad), it's just aggravated by time warp. Hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.1, with the PhysX update.

• 4 weeks later...

Try turning off lossless physics warp if you have it on. If you don't, I'm not sure there's anything you can do besides not using high warp. :P There might be something I can do once 1.1 comes around, because the physics engine will be updated, but not anything now (that I know of).

Edited by MrHappyFace

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried this out, really great. I would suggest a re-designed GUI ( the current one is great, but takes up too much space). And that third picture, I would really like it if you would make as a feature, as that's really hilarious :D. Anyways, all the success for your modding journey!

• 3 weeks later...

This mod is useful for slow motion when using stock missiles or bd's armory, and It is so COOL. It also helps me understand what is going wrong when my plane rips apart or anything that would be to fast to see normally. Thanks for making this mod and keeping it updated.

Am I the only one with this ship destroying bug? so I mean always when I used faster time warp than the ksp standard max limit and decreased the warp then my ship suddenly starts flying straight into the sun and explodes. and when I switch to a different ship I destroys itself as well. so the only thing I can do is restart the game to make it stop :(

Hey, I've encountered a problem. I can't close the BetterTimeWarp screen after I open it, even if I go to the Main Menu, and create a new game.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, this bug was already found, Didn't see the comment, please disregard this post.

Edited by samurai3660
Bug already found

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I am unable to wait any more and have updated latest version by myself, just to be compatible with KSP 1.1 Beta (updated dll references and added simple logic for GUI scale react).

Enjoy: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJiMkRtU05iNHNUeGc

I believe author will provide complete update once Squad released KSP 1.1 final.

Edited by Dizor

1 hour ago, Dizor said:

Guys, I am unable to wait any more and have updated latest version by myself, just to be compatible with KSP 1.1 Beta (updated dll references and added simple logic for GUI scale react).

Enjoy: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJicWh4WDRaYXV2TlU

I believe author will provide complete update once Squad released KSP 1.1 final.

Thanks, I don't have access to the 1.1 prerelease so I have to wait until 1.1 actually releases to do anything, but please keep in mind that this is NOT an official build, and I will not be providing support for any issues it causes.

Also @Dizor, I'm not sure if the rule applies to community hotfixes, but you may have to include the source code and a copy of the license with the download unless you want your comment to be removed by the moderators.

Edited by MrHappyFace

On 24.03.2016 at 2:21 PM, zayaraq said:

Am I the only one with this ship destroying bug? so I mean always when I used faster time warp than the ksp standard max limit and decreased the warp then my ship suddenly starts flying straight into the sun and explodes. and when I switch to a different ship I destroys itself as well. so the only thing I can do is restart the game to make it stop :(

KSP 1.0.5 and older versions have this bug. Looks like bug will be gone with KSP 1.1 release. I am playing KSP 1.1 prerelease now and everything is fine.

54 minutes ago, Kepler68 said:

How does this work with mods like kerbal alarm clock or science alert?

This mod doesn't actually do anything substantial, it just modifies a few values in the stock time warp system, so it should be compatible with practically every mod there is.

I have used this mod with KAC and Science Alert, and I can confirm it works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.