[1.0.5] BetterTimeWarp v2.2 - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

MrHappyFace

4 hours ago, MrHappyFace said:

This mod doesn't actually do anything substantial, it just modifies a few values in the stock time warp system, so it should be compatible with practically every mod there is.

I have used this mod with KAC and Science Alert, and I can confirm it works.

Glad to hear, getting all the way to block and karen is quite tedious at normal warp :D

On 2016-04-21 at 9:25 AM, Wolves_Hero said:

Don't work on 1.1.0, I installed BetterTimeWarp but still normal warp time, need update this mod.

Not surprising.  When a mod's title hasn't been updated to say "[1.1]" at the start, you shouldn't expect it to work except by rare luck.  And to get the gist of what's going on with a mod, you should read over the last few pages of the topic.  Where you'd see that Dizor (not the mod author MrHappyFace) has posted a KSP 1.1 recompile with minor fixes which may or may not work.  MrHappyFace obviously can't support someone else's code, but he has indicated he will be getting out an update now that KSP 1.1 has released.  But as always, you have to be patient.  Mod authors do this in their spare time, which we all have far too little of.

Edited by Jacke

19 hours ago, Jacke said:

Not surprising.  When a mod's title hasn't been updated to say "[1.1]" at the start, you should expect it to work except by rare luck.  And to get the gist of what's going on with a mod, you should read over the last few pages of the topic.  Where you'd see that Dizor (not the mod author MrHappyFace) has posted a KSP 1.1 recompile with minor fixes which may or may not work.  MrHappyFace obviously can't support someone else's code, but he has indicated he will be getting out an update now that KSP 1.1 has released.  But as always, you have to be patient.  Mod authors do this in their spare time, which we all have far too little of.

Thank I found 1 page back I installed worked now no more altitude limited & goodbye tired of slow warp on SCANsat & far away planets.

Edited by Wolves_Hero

Just now, Wayland said:

How exactly do you use this mod? Or is it just not working for me?

I put it into one of the other time warp modes, but time warping doesn't do anything different.

It's not updated for 1.1 yet. If for some reason you're using it on 1.0.5, try reinstalling it manually or using CKAN.

Really enjoy this mod.  Great job.

@MrHappyFace You might have insight into what is related to this stock V1.1 issue.

The time warp alters electric charge usage when time warp goes above 100x.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/8816

- This is by design to prevent overrun of battery storage at high warp.

Is it possible within your mod to fix this electric charge issue for time warp at 1000x ?

Is there any other mod that can alleviate this?

Edited by MoeslyArmlis

2 hours ago, Brutwarst said:

I ain't usin no unofficial build

If you had read the last page or two like you were asked you would see that the author is working on it. So please mind your manners when speaking to the people who are improving your game for you, for free, in their spare time. "update mod pls" has to be the laziest of this sort of request, it shows you don't respect the author's time enough to read and find out what's going on (literally on this page!), or even to form an actual sentence.

I'd also like to refer you to Rule 2.3f of our community guidelines (this you really should take the time to read).

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2016 at 11:56 PM, Dizor said:

Guys, I am unable to wait any more and have updated latest version by myself, just to be compatible with KSP 1.1 Beta (updated dll references and added simple logic for GUI scale react).

Enjoy: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2HHoyq3mBJiMkRtU05iNHNUeGc

I believe author will provide complete update once Squad released KSP 1.1 final.

I just found this community patch a page or two earlier in this tread. Has anyone tested this community patch with KSP 1.1.2? Does it work as expected? (I'm really missing BetterWarp, so I'm eager to hear)

1 hour ago, Warezcrawler said:

I just found this community patch a page or two earlier in this tread. Has anyone tested this community patch with KSP 1.1.2? Does it work as expected? (I'm really missing BetterWarp, so I'm eager to hear)

It does not; it throws NRE's Popup Dilogue Exceptions if you open the advanced menu in the Space Center. That's as far as I got. It might work fine outside, in the flight mode though, which is what would matter.

44 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

It does not; it throws NRE's Popup Dilogue Exceptions if you open the advanced menu in the Space Center. That's as far as I got. It might work fine outside, in the flight mode though, which is what would matter.

Thanks.... Then I will avoid it for now.... :(

@Warezcrawler you could try westamastaflash's build of the TimeControl mod.  I've been using it with 1.1.2 with reasonable results.  I believe he puts his releases here: https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/releases

That said I did like this mod better, and hope @MrHappyFace can get the 1.1.2 bugs in BetterTimeWarp ironed out :-).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 1:06 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I have encountered this bug as well, and it does not work in flight either. Waiting eagerly for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2014 at 3:09 AM, MrHappyFace said:

It actually only occurs below 0.1 phys warp and usually only occurs on ladders, so I'll probably add limits. Also, you can stop time entirely using 0.0x timewarp, which is surprisingly stable... Just don't try negative timewarp.

Guess what i'm about to try...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn indeed!

Playing without BetterTimeWrap makes me realizes how incredibly usefull it is and how incredibly stupid the defaults are :/ A simple 4h in space tourist contract shouldnt take that long just watching the pod slowly orbit .. :/

All my thanks for making it and encouragements for 1.1.3 port :)

On 6/24/2016 at 3:00 AM, MrHappyFace said:

Oh crap, has it? At least the rest of the game is more stable. :P

A recompile seemed to fix it, see my post above

21 hours ago, DarkGod said:

Damn indeed!

Playing without BetterTimeWrap makes me realizes how incredibly usefull it is and how incredibly stupid the defaults are :/ A simple 4h in space tourist contract shouldnt take that long just watching the pod slowly orbit .. :/

All my thanks for making it and encouragements for 1.1.3 port :)

see my post above

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.