[1.0.5] BetterTimeWarp v2.2 - Customizable Time Warp, and Lossless Physics Warp

MrHappyFace

13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll be releasing a BetterTimeWarpContinued on Sunday.  If the author ever comes back and wants to continue with it, I'll then pull mine down.

Oh, no, I'm not dead yet. :P And while its not prohibited by the license, releasing another version under a new name just causes more confusion, considering I'm still here. I'm still in the process of updating. 1.1.3 only released a few weeks ago, and I have 2 other mods I've been working on on top of personal stuff.

2 minutes ago, MrHappyFace said:

Oh, no, I'm not dead yet. :P And while its not prohibited by the license, releasing another version under a new name just causes more confusion, considering I'm still here. I'm still in the process of updating. 1.1.3 only released a few weeks ago, and I have 2 other mods I've been working on on top of personal stuff.

OK.  The version I have work fine in 1.1.3, it's a recompiled copy of what someone did for 1.1.2.  My download includes the source.

In this case, I will NOT release a new version, but will keep this copy around until you do your formal release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2z5104fshgwvnd/BetterTimeWarp.zip?dl=0

@MrHappyFace

I was going to look into these issues I observed before releasing, figured I'd let you know:

possible bug: after deleting profile, delete window stays open
possible enhancement:  make window(s) dragable
possible enhancement/limitation:  Limit physics warp to min of 0.1 and max of 100?

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

OK.  The version I have work fine in 1.1.3, it's a recompiled copy of what someone did for 1.1.2.  My download includes the source.

In this case, I will NOT release a new version, but will keep this copy around until you do your formal release:

@MrHappyFace

I was going to look into these issues I observed before releasing, figured I'd let you know:

possible bug: after deleting profile, delete window stays open
possible enhancement:  make window(s) dragable
possible enhancement/limitation:  Limit physics warp to min of 0.1 and max of 100?

Just one major issue. I can't close the window once it's been opened. I'm fine with it not being draggable yet, but I kind of  need that screen space it's taking up.

Thanks for the 1.1.3 update. However, I am afraid the Time Warp feature might be working a little too well. That is, if I accept a contract, it looks like the contract vanishes as soon as I click on the VAB. I still get to keep the funds for the contract, but the contract itself seems to be gone (as my entire contract history).

I've got my savestate backed up, so that's all good, but I think the warp feature is skipping just a tad too much of the gameplay :). Am I the only one seeing this?

Removing BetterTimeWarp (the pre-release off dropbox) seems to resolve this for me, at least in the one case that I tested. I'll try again but am discouraged by the prospect of Unity doing the thing where it constantly resizes the window until the window manager runs out of memory. Maybe another night. Sigh...

Edited by evilwombat

2 hours ago, evilwombat said:

Thanks for the 1.1.3 update. However, I am afraid the Time Warp feature might be working a little too well. That is, if I accept a contract, it looks like the contract vanishes as soon as I click on the VAB. I still get to keep the funds for the contract, but the contract itself seems to be gone (as my entire contract history).

I've got my savestate backed up, so that's all good, but I think the warp feature is skipping just a tad too much of the gameplay :). Am I the only one seeing this?

Removing BetterTimeWarp (the pre-release off dropbox) seems to resolve this for me, at least in the one case that I tested. I'll try again but am discouraged by the prospect of Unity doing the thing where it constantly resizes the window until the window manager runs out of memory. Maybe another night. Sigh...

I heve the same issue since KPS 1.1.3 came up with BetterTimeWarp v2.2 for KSP1.1Beta... I'll try uninstall BetterTimeWarp  and report results.

• 1 month later...
On 10/07/2016 at 1:27 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2z5104fshgwvnd/BetterTimeWarp.zip?dl=1

If you change the trailing 0 to a 1 you get a URL that just downloads from Dropbox, rather than one that drops you in a steaming mass of Javascript that pesters you to register. Seems worth mentioning. Thanks for the recompile - BTW a much more useful time control mod than other, in my experience.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! Is this still going to be updated? I only ask cause I noticed you havent logged in since September 3rd. I totally understand that you are probably busy irl. No rush at all, I have a lot of patience. Thank you so much for this mod, as it is one of the most useful ones!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, the modmaker has already been asked several times about updating this mod. He said he will when he has time. Asking again and again will not encourage him to hurry, and can in fact make him feel harassed. Please allow modmakers to update when they wish to update. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm noticing something odd in 1.2.1, phys warp is double applying to the passage of time (but not my actual vessel). What I mean is in 2x phys warp, the vessel moves at 2x speed, but the game clock (including on rails stuff) moves at 4x speed. In 3x phys warp that means the game clock moves at 9x speed, 4x = 16x, 5x = 25x and so forth. It's rather odd.

I have Outer Planets and Sigma dimension installed (as well as a few other things, but nothing that would remotely relate to time speeds) if that matters.

Thx :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 7:26 PM, Yargnit said:

I'm noticing something odd in 1.2.1, phys warp is double applying to the passage of time (but not my actual vessel). What I mean is in 2x phys warp, the vessel moves at 2x speed, but the game clock (including on rails stuff) moves at 4x speed. In 3x phys warp that means the game clock moves at 9x speed, 4x = 16x, 5x = 25x and so forth. It's rather odd.

I have Outer Planets and Sigma dimension installed (as well as a few other things, but nothing that would remotely relate to time speeds) if that matters.

Thx :)

Doesn't Outer Planets increase time warp speeds for those massive distances? Maybe it comes bundled with an older version of Better Time Warp, could be some conflicting there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.