.24 Preview Vids are on Youtube

Sandworm

At work now, but nothing happening.

(2) the other youtubers have grown frustrated with squad and are not releasing preview vids on Squad's terms/schedule (Kurtjmac has made comments in this area) or;

Could you give a link or tell me what video Kurtjmac makes these comments? I'm a fan of his channel but don't have time to watch all of his videos. I'm just wondering, if you can't I understand.

Why did they make the Kerbin day a minute shorter?

Apparently it's a difference between the time it takes the planet to rotate and the length of the day (which is slightly different due to Kerbin orbiting the sun). Currently (according to the wiki), the rotation is 6 hours, but the "day" is actually 6 hours 51 seconds. So they changed the day to be 6 hours, which means the rotation will probably be something like 5 hours 59 minutes and 9 seconds. Which will make inserting geosynch satellites a little bit more fun.

Edit:

Or maybe it's a result of Mun and Minmus slowing down Kerbin's rotation due to tidal forces :D

Edited by FleetAdmiralJ

I hope some Kerbal Dev will read this:

Strong suggestion: In VAB make Cost meter and avaiable funds in same format. Right now, even single digits arent above its respective others, so figuring if my cost is less/more and how much do I have left need reading both values everytime and estimating it in mind, instead of single glance on counters and seeing, that left most digit of cost is more to the right than left most digit of avaiable funds, so I can add much more parts

Strong suggestion: In VAB make Cost meter and avaiable funds in same format. Right now, even single digits arent above its respective others, so figuring if my cost is less/more and how much do I have left need reading both values everytime and estimating it in mind, instead of single glance on counters and seeing, that left most digit of cost is more to the right than left most digit of avaiable funds, so I can add much more parts

I found that very strange as well. Are any of the parts going to cost a fraction of a fund? And if so, why wouldn't the remaining balance have a decimal also?

Probably to accomodate the cost of fuel and other resources, that is not necessarily an integer number.

But it's irrelevant because it just gets truncated when applied to the remaining balance. I was watching Scott's video where his cost was 12xxx.0 and his balance was 12xxxx and I had hard time telling how he ended with so much left over before I realized the decimal.

That, plus 64 bits, which means *all the mods ever* since it removes the RAM cap for the process (well, increases it to 64GB).

As someone mentioned already, 64 bit addressing is way more than 64GB. 64GB would be 36 bit addressing. :)

Entirely agreed with this. The two numbers don't have to look the same, but they should have the same width for each character so they line up.

But it's irrelevant because it just gets truncated when applied to the remaining balance.

No idea then.

As someone mentioned already, 64 bit addressing is way more than 64GB. 64GB would be 36 bit addressing. :)

You should really read the whole thread.

You should really read the whole thread.

I should and I have (erm, now...), but I haven't found anywhere where someone mentions that 64 GB equals 36 bit addressing.

Funny bout those hard upper memory limits imposed by the now-declining evil empire. I guess I'm too used to Linux. :D

Thanks for the cordial tone, too. A slightly more abrasive comment from you - not wholly undeserved, to be fair - would have made me leave the thread entirely, obviously missing out from learning new stuff and rekindling my somewhat dormant humility.

Edited by ola

I should and I have (erm, now...), but I haven't found anywhere where someone mentions that 64 GB equals 36 bit addressing.

Funny bout those hard upper memory limits imposed by the now-declining evil empire. I guess I'm too used to Linux. :D

No, but you might have found the part where I (mistakenly) say 64 bits addresses 64GB, then I get corrected, I realize that, and then I get corrected twice more by people who didn't bother to read. ;)

No, but you might have found the part where I (mistakenly) say 64 bits addresses 64GB, then I get corrected, I realize that, and then I get corrected twice more by people who didn't bother to read. ;)

Some day, hopefully, I'll learn to keep my big mouth shut and my eyes open.

Now back to pressing F5... ;)

That, plus 64 bits, which means *all the mods ever* since it removes the RAM cap for the process (well, increases it to 64GB).

Take that number and add a couple of zeroes to it... Okay a few... Several? Ok how many zeroes are there in an Exabyte? We need around 8 of them for our theoretical limit.

"Didn't bother to read".

No need to sound so hurt about one instance of being wrong. I'm not going to read 13 pages of responses about how hyped people are for a soon-to-be-released update for the sake of checking whether or not somebody already told you that you made a mistake.

"Didn't bother to read".

No need to sound so hurt about one instance of being wrong. I'm not going to read 13 pages of responses about how hyped people are for a soon-to-be-released update for the sake of checking whether or not somebody already told you that you made a mistake.

You know they were referring to my posts, right? No need to get upset over stuff that doesn't involve you.

Edited by ola

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.