.24 Preview Vids are on Youtube

Sandworm

Scott Manley's Preview (will add more as they are unlocked)

xXLeGoldFishXx

Big Reveals Spotted so far:

-Assemblies in VAB seem rotated 90* counterclockwise.

-Very high (98%) recovery rate for parts returned to KSC.

-Contracts for testing of parts not yet unlocked in tech tree (R&D loaner parts).

-More detailed contract goals than expected (actions to take at specific altitudes)

-"Rescue other astronauts" missions? (in-game spawning of parts?)

-No word yet on if we will be allowed to draft contracts.

*With the lifting of the embargo on early access vids (if it has in fact been lifted, they goofed the timing of the .23.5 embargo) and the statements made during the twitch stream, I think it safe to say that public release is something closer than soon. Too bad I have to go to work in a couple hours.

Edited by Sandworm

Based on that video, it looks even easier to make funds / profits than I anticipated already. We all gonna be killionaires soon. :sticktongue:

They did say via Twitch that there will be a "difficulty" tab added via the debug menu that should crank down/up the profitability.

So .24 is basically just adding the Mission Control mod to the game, right?. As it just looks like a fancy version of that.

That, plus 64 bits, which means *all the mods ever* since it removes the RAM cap for the process (well, increases it to 64GB).

That, plus 64 bits, which means *all the mods ever* since it removes the RAM cap for the process (well, increases it to 64GB).

I've been playing 64 bit for a while but it's definitely great it's not official. I hope the modders can get their mods out quickly when 24 drops.

So .24 is basically just adding the Mission Control mod to the game, right?. As it just looks like a fancy version of that.

Kinda. Idea of contracts/earning money/dealing with reputation existed in KSP lead dev head since infancy of the game, far before MC mod came into existence.

There's a certain image taken from the movie Ghostbusters that adequately describes my feelings, however I don't want to post it to avoid being coarse.

"Are you the Keymaster?"

Or are you referring to a dream sequence? :sticktongue:

Given that only one vid has appeared, and that six hours ago, this looks like another error. If the embargo had been truly lifted, all of the early access vids would have appeared practically simultaneously, certainly not six+ hours apart from one another.

Also, none of Squad are logged into the forum atm. As a PR firm, Squad would not let an important moment like this go unsupervised.

Are my eyes playing tricks, or has the font face also changed in game?

I'm fairly sure this was announced as part of the UI rework they did. Some of the existing texts are barely even legible, a better font can go a long way.

This is exactly what I been waiting for since first playing in .13. Just wondering, even though I 'm not a plane fan ( it's all about the rockets for me ) will there be any contracts for those who are?

Scott explicitly says that he got a high recovery rate because he landed "within the bounds of KSC".

Recovery based on distance from KSC is something that I wholeheartedly support, so great kudos from me to Squad if this is in fact how it works.

I wonder... is there anything in game that tells the players this mechanic exists? Are there other mechanics we should know about? For those who happen to watch this video or participate in one of the online communities, they'll probably find out eventually whether or not this mechanic does in fact exist, and others that may also exist. But what about those who don't?

Recovery based on distance from KSC is something that I wholeheartedly support, so great kudos from me to Squad if this is in fact how it works.

I wonder... is there anything in game that tells the players this mechanic exists? Are there other mechanics we should know about? For those who happen to watch this video or participate in one of the online communities, they'll probably find out eventually whether or not this mechanic does in fact exist, and others that may also exist. But what about those who don't?

It actually says at the top of the recovery screen "2 parts, 1 resource recovered - at KSC, 98.0% Value"

Presumably some contracts for it will act as hints.

I'd like to see it include a bonus for KSC West too. If it's biome based this may come anyway, the area is listed as the KSC biome in .23.5

It actually says at the top of the recovery screen "2 parts, 1 resource recovered - at KSC, 98.0% Value"

It does, but that seems a little subtle. What's the value if not at KSC? Is it worth burning more fuel to fly to KSC? What's the difference between "at KSC", "just outside KSC", and "half way across the planet?"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.