• Sun-Earth L1
    • Sun-Earth L2
    • Venus Capture
    • Mars Capture
    • Phobos Mission
    • Jupiter Moons Mission
    • Saturn Moons Mission
    • Interstellar Space

So, when we do get to that point, would you like me to make a website for this?

If you'd feel confident doing it, sure.

At some point, we'll need to organize things better. Maybe have a small committee appointed to make key decisions, and have some go-to people on more day-to-day sort of stuff. Mostly to utilize expertise better. I really want this to work as a community project, rather than some people becoming "in charge", but at the same time, there has to be some degree of order. I think that would be a good way to achieve it.

If you'd feel confident doing it, sure.

At some point, we'll need to organize things better. Maybe have a small committee appointed to make key decisions, and have some go-to people on more day-to-day sort of stuff. Mostly to utilize expertise better. I really want this to work as a community project, rather than some people becoming "in charge", but at the same time, there has to be some degree of order. I think that would be a good way to achieve it.

I think i'll go ahead and start work on it, as to further the quality of the finished product. Is that alright? I won't make it public until I get the go from you, of course.

Are we going to put the satellite on an inclined orbit so that we can see more of the earth?

Circular would make for better day/night cycle, and ride availability might be better. That said, at this point, I think we'll take what we can get and make the best of it. If it will be easier to get an elliptic ride, we'll use it for photo-ops.

oarum, chances are we are going to get an inclined orbit because the ISS is on one, and we're probably going to get launched from the ISS's "CubeSat Cannon".

It's too early for anything formal. We really need to finish the specs first.

Ah, yes, maybe we should have a list of the ideas we've had for our first CubeSat mission, for example the "Airlock" type of valve system to regulate pressure, having bacteria as well, etc.

I will start work on a prototype website tonight most likely. After a little developement, I'll send it to you, K^2, and you can critic it, list any changes you want made, or scrap it. I want it to be perfect, which is my reason for starting so early, and making prototypes and all that. If you have any preferences right now, just let me know anytime. Any ideas you have or anything. I'll gladly make it however you want it. :)

(i don't know if you noticed, but I love working for and helping people. :D )

hey don't expect too much. Another reason i'm starting now is because I haven't ever finished a website. Or gotten very far at all. I'm starting now so that I can build my skills and progress so that by the time we need a website, i'll be a decent website maker and we might have a pretty good website.

There are no launch opportunities for non-inclined LEO orbits, so we've no other choice.

if so, the question is how inclined will the orbit be? the more inclined it is, the more pictures we can take.

Perhaps we should compile all the info in one place, so people don't have to read 100 pages.

Uh, K^2 will do that, he said that he is busy with something at the moment.

We've got most things figured out, next we have to find the exact parts we need for the cubesat, we need to get the funding, then we test, and LAUNCH

Uh, lets see:

Base/Main Structure

Solar Panels (Probably deployable)

Batteries

Power Distribution

EPS

ADCS

Communications

On-Board Computers

And there's lots of other stuff too... I just looked at the stuff there is one ClydeSpace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.