[WIP] Mass Relay - a fancy stargate

flywlyx

2 hours ago, Rayden said:

Yes, I can only imagine though because I use Linux and there's no CKAN for Linux.  But then, Linux users have the tendency to do things the hard way anyway... the more challenging it is, the happier we are. :P

I would LOVE a Stargate mod.  Has any been made yet?

Yeah, I have fix the Mass Relay, you can get it through space dock or CKAN

Just now, Nansuchao said:

@flywlyx, noob question here: how does it work?

Get close to the gate, "["or"]" switch to relay, right click Relay and press select target button, create a link. switch back to plane and drive to the shining ball. There you go

On 15.7.2014 at 3:59 PM, Space Scumbag said:

Now, who wants to make the hyperdrive from Star Wars? It works without any relay or beacon.

Isn't RoverDude's Albuquere Drive a warpdrive? Ask out curiosity.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

18 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Thank you, cause I tried something similar and was hit by the rotating rings.

Yeah, unpack will remove the target setting, do you think it is better to have a memory?

Just now, flywlyx said:

Yeah, unpack will remove the target setting, do you think it is better to have a memory?

No, it was a my mistake. The transition was so fast that I didn't noticed that I was warped from Kerbin to Moho, cause I was in both situation in the dark side. Sorry to bother you.

16 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

No, it was a my mistake. The transition was so fast that I didn't noticed that I was warped from Kerbin to Moho, cause I was in both situation in the dark side. Sorry to bother you.

No problem at all. I plan to have a visual effect in the future version, but never got it work.

• 2 weeks later...

@flywlyx Oooooh. This is quite promising! I hope this is as large in volume as it is massive. I have some big things I might want to bring to this.

@Urses A warp drive is an engine such that you still have to pilot the course between point A and point B. But a jump drive sends you to point B in the snap of a finger. Each has a major advantage and disadvantage.

P.S. A different model and a different animation only need to be applied to make a Mass Effect relay into a StarGate. They're both the same imo. You pick a pair, drive into them and you're there.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 5/14/2017 at 0:26 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@flywlyx Oooooh. This is quite promising! I hope this is as large in volume as it is massive. I have some big things I might want to bring to this.

@Urses A warp drive is an engine such that you still have to pilot the course between point A and point B. But a jump drive sends you to point B in the snap of a finger. Each has a major advantage and disadvantage.

P.S. A different model and a different animation only need to be applied to make a Mass Effect relay into a StarGate. They're both the same imo. You pick a pair, drive into them and you're there.

Consider the stock loading distance, mass relay is 3km long to prevent it appears on your face and destroy everything. It is still way smaller than the size in ME, but is kind of pratical for KSP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.