Vall:

A cooler version of Europa,

It's pretty cool to explore.

Cool Easter egg.

Fun to set up bases.

Tylo:

Screw Tylo.

Pol:

This is the Grand Canyon If It had low gravity and was a moon.

This is not for bases It is for dropping a rover then screwing around in the plateaus.

Very awesome.

Bop:

The Kraken's wife lives here.

Has the same purpose as Pol... Drop a rover and screw around.

I actually have to wonder if Laythe might not be as habitable as it looks.

Its oceans should be frozen, unless they're full of ludicrous amounts of salt and/or ammonia.

Anyway, my favorite moon of Jool might actually be Vall, which is weird, because I've never landed there before. At least not yet.

i might have to go with Vall for this one. After all, Laythe is really just ocean with a couple of islands scattered around. And Jool in the sky, to remind you that you will die from radiation poisoning in a matter of minutes exposed. Vall has cool flats, mountain ranges, cool easter egg and the possibility of an ocean underneath all that ice. Pretty much reminds me of Europa, except Eeloo also reminds me of Europa… and Eeloo is alone in the cold…

I hate Vall. Its gravity is just enough that I have to use drop tanks on my lander, making repeat landings a little more challenging, but not challenging enough for me to enjoy landing on it. Speaking of which, Tylo is my favorite because it's just the right level of challenge to be really fun, but not tedious (like Eve).

I hate Vall. Its gravity is just enough that I have to use drop tanks on my lander, making repeat landings a little more challenging, but not challenging enough for me to enjoy landing on it. Speaking of which, Tylo is my favorite because it's just the right level of challenge to be really fun, but not tedious (like Eve).

I like Tylo too. It is challenging and i bet it will be even more fun to explore in future versions. I'd also like to try to land a permanent base on Tylo.

Laythe, obviously. Because jet planes and boats. And jetboats!

I find Tylo and Vall kind of dark, even during daylight. Laythe seems to have the best lighting for some reason. And it has the best Joolrise, being closest to the planet. And aerobraking, and beaches, and just enough purpleness (unlike Eve which has a stupid amount of purpleness).

Why do so many people seem to believe that Laythe is a habitable body? It is made quite clear in several places that it is in fact a very inhospitable planet.

For instance:

It's a moon.

Carry on.

Why do so many people seem to believe that Laythe is a habitable body? It is made quite clear in several places that it is in fact a very inhospitable planet.

I think the main thing is that the presence of oxygen in the atmosphere suggests that it has some sort of photosynthetic life in its oceans. As far as we know, there aren't many (if any) natural, non-biological processes that can produce atmospheric oxygen in large quantities. Oxygen is highly reactive and usually bonds with other things to produce solid minerals. In fact, if all life on earth were to disappear, all the oxygen in the atmosphere would eventually be depleted by natural chemical reactions.

It is also possible that Laythe has no life on it and was actually terraformed in the recent past by aliens, but something happened to them and they never inhabited it.

I love them all in their own way. Laythe has extra-Kerbin spaceflight and occasional vacation getaway packages, Vall has beautiful scenery and base opportunities, Tylo has a truly hair-raising lander challenge, and Bop has the best easter egg in the game.

Still, there's always something that brings me back to Pol. It's the only planet that makes me want to hop out of my craft and explore the canyons until my jetpack runs out of fuel.

I haven't sent anything to the surface of any of those planets, though I've orbited them all. I have to design a special rover for Laythe because it's 90% water so I need something that will float and can move in water (though I'm still gonna aim for an island). So I'm excited to see how that one comes out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.