My SSLV - Super Stupid Lifting Vehicle.

sjwt

So, you have a ship that is leaning sideways uncontrollably after lift off due to modifications as its too large to fin on the launch pad?

You could straighten the rockets and fins or you could add SAS modules .. or you could try repeated launch attempts with an asymmetrical added extra LFR until you find a position, tank and engine that works at an easy to manage 100% thrust, now that\'s Kerbal.

screenshot1.png

Pretty flash....

screenshot5.png

I\'d also like to add that their is not enough terror that can be displayed for these poor three Kerbonauts, and that the main cause of this problem has been isolated and fixed..

screenshot12.png

The mass of solid fuel rockets make this rocket highly unstable.

It also makes my respectably powerful pc run like a slide show. S:|

If you want to lift anything with this rocket, use liquid rockets instead.

Oh, and it needs something heavy on top just to make this thing stable.

Try using fuel lines so that you can jetison the outermost stacks first. Ive actualy built quite a few ships like this and yes it is quite stupid. I used this style of design when I was attempting to break 1km/s at sub 10km altitude. I actualy managed 1.3km/s. Unfortunately that design explodes at that speed anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.