[1.0] LCARS Mark II - Dev and Support - Beta Release (29.04.2015)

philotical

hey grats on the release, looks good.

I got a question, any way ,script,lcars, etc to get my crane to not move when I pick stuff up, also I need to figure out why my crane winch at the tip of the boom isn`t following the boom extended boom parts??

so in short any script to make it hold still?

08F7A3649568FFA9EFDD8C0E14A8329789F31B95

omg - that looks great for one - but it reminds me of my "rigs of rods" time haha

I've made some cranes my selfe back in the day..

So - what is your problem exactly?

LCARS moves your ship while you lift stuff?

I can't follow ..

can you show me what happens? video?

however - what you describe beside of that, is a "happy welcome to unity rotation"

It's a world of sadness and tears hahah

No seriouse - I need to see what happens to say something but in general I would say you need a plugin for this creation.

If the winch is a "part", it will never move with animations..

That is a KSP limitation (I think, might also be unity - not sure)

But with a plugin you can do what ever you want - basically..

With a plugin I can turn the ship red if it lifts too heavy..

with native KSP you can't do much in that direction..

So a short answer is yes - with script you can fix that kind of stuff

but I don't have any..

when the outrigers expand, it puts the wheels off the ground and then I use the crane to pull stuff up, but my crane want to tip over, is there a way to so it grabs the ground when released, I barely can pull a 30 t item, from behind it seems to work better, adding a weight that goes backward to counter the weight u are pulling up don`t work, ksp prob don`t know.

anyway, was asking if there is a fix for the winch part not staying on the animated part of my boom? seems to work for ic, but there is something in cfg.

Well - not sure if that helps, but if you use the "Lock Acelleration" mode to thrust into the ground, it "might" help some..

other than that, LCARS is not equipped for this..

Look - you know all my plans I have for coding - if you can wait, I will write a plugin for the crane with all bells and whistles - but just not right now..

If you want to try on your own, I will assist you by PM, email, chat, with examples and links - what ever you need..

but right now, I can't offer more help than that.

np, anytime is good, will update it here and there anyway. got to try out some more idea.nvm , fix the crane, so will not need u to do a pluging after all, just needed to figure out infernal robot claws,

thx u anyway for wanting to help out

Edited by mjy

Um. should the GUI come up on its own? because when i launch a vessel like voyager. nothing comes up.

not sure if starvision changed something - but last time I downloaded it, I had to include those module manager cfg files for voyager. Those worked perfectly.

arn't they in the download anymore?

if not, visit the LCARS wiki, somewhere there is an info page with instructions on how to install LCARS in a ships cfg file..

let me know if you need any more info..

Edit:

Or look up the included part cgf for "CustomShuttlePod" in the LCARS folder.

that one is perfectly installed

Hint: the electric charge generator settings are important - just replicate them all.

To answer the second question..

Yes, the panel should be open from beginning.

Although it's persistant - so if you close it and leave the vessel, it stays closed - there is a right click option to restart impulse.

Edited by philotical

not sure if starvision changed something - but last time I downloaded it, I had to include those module manager cfg files for voyager. Those worked perfectly.

arn't they in the download anymore?

if not, visit the LCARS wiki, somewhere there is an info page with instructions on how to install LCARS in a ships cfg file..

let me know if you need any more info..

Edit:

Or look up the included part cgf for "CustomShuttlePod" in the LCARS folder.

that one is perfectly installed

Hint: the electric charge generator settings are important - just replicate them all.

To answer the second question..

Yes, the panel should be open from beginning.

Although it's persistant - so if you close it and leave the vessel, it stays closed - there is a right click option to restart impulse.

not working. i checked the voyagers part config. for some reason all the code that should be there is there. yet its not processing or working with Lcars if its there. i tried adding the config from the wiki but it failed. please see if you can find out whats wrong. voyager is no fun without Lcars :(

Well, my voyager allways worked.. - so do all the other ships

Let's figure out together what's wrong..

does LCARS work with no ship at all for you?

I'd say you have something wrong in your gamedata..

So let's go through the default list to rule out the obviouse troubles - shall we?

- Does the Custom Shuttle Pod (comes with LCARS) display the LCARS panel?

- In what folder did you install LCARS exactly?

- Do you have module manager?

- Does the log show any LCARS related errors?

- Does the log show that LCARS was loaded/located at all? Please search for "LCARS_Plugin.dll" in the log.

- And finally - wich version of LCARS did you download? It should be Beta7.1 - the most recent

Thank's for reporting back about the above debug list, even if it's basic stuff..

Well, my voyager allways worked.. - so do all the other ships

Let's figure out together what's wrong..

does LCARS work with no ship at all for you?

I'd say you have something wrong in your gamedata..

So let's go through the default list to rule out the obviouse troubles - shall we?

- Does the Custom Shuttle Pod (comes with LCARS) display the LCARS panel?

- In what folder did you install LCARS exactly?

- Do you have module manager?

- Does the log show any LCARS related errors?

- Does the log show that LCARS was loaded/located at all? Please search for "LCARS_Plugin.dll" in the log.

- And finally - wich version of LCARS did you download? It should be Beta7.1 - the most recent

Thank's for reporting back about the above debug list, even if it's basic stuff..

- Does the Custom Shuttle Pod (comes with LCARS) display the LCARS panel? / Yes. the pod seems to be working as it should. the voyager just wont activate with the Lcars GUI(or anything else from it)

- In what folder did you install LCARS exactly? / I put the folder LCARS_Plugin into Gamedata>SciFi

- Do you have module manager? / Yes. i have it in my GameData folder. V2.2.1

- Does the log show any LCARS related errors? / Um. what do you mean by log?.

- Does the log show that LCARS was loaded/located at all? Please search for "LCARS_Plugin.dll" in the log. / Same question.

- And finally - wich version of LCARS did you download? It should be Beta7.1 - the most recent / I downloaded Beta7.1

Ok I see - so let's go straight to the solution then..

please upload the file

KSP.log

you find it in the same folder as KSP.exe

If you want to get adventurouse, add the following file too..

KSP_Data/output_log.txt

(the folder might also be name KSP_x64_Data depending on your install..)

upload them to some filehost and post the link here - then I'll be able to tell you more..

Those two files are usually refered to as "the Logs" - KSP writes every little error in there..

With those infos, we can certainly find out what's wrong with your voyager.

These files are overwritten on every game start - so upload the file right after you loaded voyager please..

Start game, load voyager on the runway, close game and upload the logs..

Thanks..

Ok I see - so let's go straight to the solution then..

please upload the file

KSP.log

you find it in the same folder as KSP.exe

If you want to get adventurouse, add the following file too..

KSP_Data/output_log.txt

(the folder might also be name KSP_x64_Data depending on your install..)

upload them to some filehost and post the link here - then I'll be able to tell you more..

Those two files are usually refered to as "the Logs" - KSP writes every little error in there..

With those infos, we can certainly find out what's wrong with your voyager.

These files are overwritten on every game start - so upload the file right after you loaded voyager please..

Start game, load voyager on the runway, close game and upload the logs..

Thanks..

here is the link to the KSP.log https://www.dropbox.com/s/noj28eqfe7qvmbi/KSP.log?dl=0

and here is the link to the output_log https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0stejovobrt9z0/output_log.txt?dl=0

This might seem like a long shot, but did you actually put the modulemanager cfgs in your GameData? Because the log says that 0 patches were applied.

This might seem like a long shot, but did you actually put the modulemanager cfgs in your GameData? Because the log says that 0 patches were applied.
um. what do you mean by configs?. i only had 1 file related to Modulemanager. the modulemanager V2.2.1 itself. and it is in the GameData folder.

and yes. it dose say 0 patched applied when i launch the game.

btw quick question. there is a new version of MM. V2.3.4. should i replace the one i have with it?

I've checked the logs (thank's), LCARS is installed correctly in your game, but it is not installed in voyager.

What he ment with configs:

In the download for StarVision's ships, you had two additional cfg files named following:

- ent_lcars.cfg

- voy_lcars.cfg

Thos two files "are", by definition, what is usually refered to as "modulemanager config files"

if you don't get that term, you might want to read up at the modulemanager documentation..

In short, these files contain "everything" MM needs to install LCARS into the ships Enterprise and Voyager.

To use them, simply copy them "anywhere" inside your gamedata folder.

Since you tried around a lot in the last 2 days, you might have modified the original ship cfg files allready.

If that is so, you might want to reinstall all to ensure you didn't inadvertanly put in errors..

Just remove the complete SciFi folder, install all again, add those two cfg files mentioned above to the gamedata folder and it should work.

regarding the version on MM - not sure where the differene is, but it's probbably not relevant to the basic stuff that happens in those two files..

Just use the last official release they made - that should be ok.

HTH

I got the mag boots working as expected - with one exclusion - in space, there is no walking animation - I try to figure out how to call them by script..

however - it works, you can walk once around the belerophon/asteroid/station - on the outside!!

it also works inside, on the ceiling, the walls, where ever you like to walk..

I'm pretty sure it'll work also for planets - so now you should be able to run on gilly if you like..

On the ground, with hacked gravity, he runs as he would with normal gravity..

Tested on kerbin - in space he is constantly frozen right now but the boots still move him around with "wasd-qe" - just without animation..

looks awekward but well..

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've checked the logs (thank's), LCARS is installed correctly in your game, but it is not installed in voyager.

What he ment with configs:

In the download for StarVision's ships, you had two additional cfg files named following:

- ent_lcars.cfg

- voy_lcars.cfg

Thos two files "are", by definition, what is usually refered to as "modulemanager config files"

if you don't get that term, you might want to read up at the modulemanager documentation..

In short, these files contain "everything" MM needs to install LCARS into the ships Enterprise and Voyager.

To use them, simply copy them "anywhere" inside your gamedata folder.

Since you tried around a lot in the last 2 days, you might have modified the original ship cfg files allready.

If that is so, you might want to reinstall all to ensure you didn't inadvertanly put in errors..

Just remove the complete SciFi folder, install all again, add those two cfg files mentioned above to the gamedata folder and it should work.

regarding the version on MM - not sure where the differene is, but it's probbably not relevant to the basic stuff that happens in those two files..

Just use the last official release they made - that should be ok.

HTH

ok. i think i know were all the problems are. StarVisions download is missing the files. i re-downloaded it 2 times to make sure. there are no

- ent_lcars.cfg

or

- voy_lcars.cfg

files in the download.

ok. i think i know were all the problems are. StarVisions download is missing the files. i re-downloaded it 2 times to make sure. there are no

- ent_lcars.cfg

or

- voy_lcars.cfg

files in the download.

hmm - that's odd..

however - that's not related to LCARS..

I can't tell StarVision what to include..

maybe it's just a mistake..

The WIKI tells you how to install LCARS into any ship..

use the saucer section of voyager - that should work..

When LCARS will be released officially, such problems will most likely no longer exist..

but for now, that's the way to go - sorry..

Edit:

here are the files for now..

http://www./view/u9266oxw457o0f6/voy_lcars.cfg

http://www./view/dc44n43fha5c06m/ent_lcars.cfg

Sweet I'm going to enjoy the mag boots soooooooo much! :)

:-) - That's exactly why I made them - they produce happiness - all over the universe

Especially if you make asteroid jogging - 10 rounds per day and your kerbals stay fit - hahaha

Edited by philotical

hmm - that's odd..

however - that's not related to LCARS..

I can't tell StarVision what to include..

maybe it's just a mistake..

The WIKI tells you how to install LCARS into any ship..

use the saucer section of voyager - that should work..

When LCARS will be released officially, such problems will most likely no longer exist..

but for now, that's the way to go - sorry..

Edit:

here are the files for now..

http://www./view/u9266oxw457o0f6/voy_lcars.cfg

http://www./view/dc44n43fha5c06m/ent_lcars.cfg

:-) - That's exactly why I made them - they produce happiness - all over the universe

Especially if you make asteroid jogging - 10 rounds per day and your kerbals stay fit - hahaha

thanks man. these are gonna do wonders for my DMP server :D

My download came with everything, but I never saw any GUI controls and the impulse drive activation and deactivation doesn't seem to change anything for me.

I tested the shuttle in both VAB and SPH, no GUI and no movement whatsoever. The 'engine' on the Enterprise worked as you coded it to, which to me is just an overpowered rocket that doesn't rip the ship to bits.

The kspi config file mentions ExoticMatter, but unless I add an AlcubierreDrive module the generator and resource is useless, is it not?

I checked the log and there are a few tiny errors in the loading of certain things like for example there are two voyager space config files but that's beside the point.

The point is, the log states that the optional config files were injected in the right parts and still I never saw anything in-game that was worth downloading.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to fix it. If I can't do that I doubt I'll keep the mods installed just to have the nice star trek models.

please go back one page and follow the debug instructions I gave there to stardrive85..

additionally, post your logs and tell me

wich version of LCARS did you download?

In general you seem to misunderstand something - If you remove starvisions ships is up to you, if you like how starvision makes his ships, is up to you, LCARS did not add any rockets nor resources to anything.

The Enterprise is also by starvision, Fractal_UK's KSPI and exotic matter is even less relevant for your problem with LCARS . if you have questions about voyage, enterprise, KSPI or salad sauce, please go to the respective forum thread.

Here, only LCARS issues can be fixed - it's useless to tell me you don't like how other people make theire mods - tell them..

welcome to the forums btw - but try to stay on topic and try to give me some information I can use to debug!

To merly explain how unhappy you are with certain mods does not make LCARS work - the right information will.