Apollo 11 Tribute Mission

tylerraiz

On the 45th anniversary of Apollo 11, the kerbals attempt to conduct a tribute mission with a replica rocket. Will they succeed in setting foot on the Moon and returning to Earth?

Includes audio from the original NASA mission.

Mods: Realism Overhaul and Dependencies (including Real Solar System, Deadly Reentry, and Ferram Aerospace), FASA, Active Texture Management, Crew Manifest, KerbQuake, HullCamVDS, Telemachus, Environmental Visual Enhancements.

Here's the playlist:

And here's the first episode, featuring the launch of the mission:

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by tylerraiz

Time for the lunar landing video! I couldn't add the real descent footage, unfortunately, since I didn't have two reference points to get the timing right (touchdown is one point, but there wasn't another point in the video) and there's always issues with the footage timing because of frame rate discrepancies, etc. If you'd like me to upload a version of this episode with the original Apollo 11 footage in a corner, even if it's not timed right, please say so and I'll get it done.

Enjoy!

Time for Jeb and Bill to EVA on the surface while we also listen to and watch Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin do the same. A bit tough this episode, because Neil and Buzz sure had a lot more to do than the kerbals did.

Ack! I didn't add episode 6 to this post on the day I released the video on YouTube! Well, here it is now, and it covers the launch from the surface of the Moon as well as the rendezvous between the LM and the CSM. Below it is episode 7, in which the mission concludes.

Edited by tylerraiz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.