Reaching Scope Completion: What Systems are Left?

So as we know, the coming release of the contract system brings KSP one step closer to being "Scope Complete", aka having all the core gameplay systems implemented and allowing for more content focus. My question is: what gameplay systems do you think need to be added in the next couple updates to reach this level of completion? A few things off the top of my head:

-Expanded Kerbal mechanics such as recruiting, training, individual reputation, and rewards for survival.

-Deep space exploration and "discovery" systems

-Multiplayer (if that's considered a component of scope completion)

-Career mode endgame mechanics, such as "crux" missions.

Edited by TheTennesseeFireman

what about real essentials like:

- aerodynamic

- shockheating & partdamage from "too fast in a atmosphere"/reentry

- Lifesupport (preferably TAC-like)

and optional, but interesting endgame stuff like:

- resource-gathering

- produktion (fuel, Lifesupport Goods, (preferably in Interstellarmod Style, _not_ in Kethanemodstyle))

- real orbital factoring (AFAIK is there no mod that do it in a good manner)

I agree that there should be improved aerodynamics, but not to the extent that FAR goes to.

FAR makes rockets much easier than stock, and the majority of players use rockets rather than planes.

It also makes planes harder to fly, making them less accessible to less-experience players.

what about real essentials like:

- aerodynamic

- shockheating & partdamage from "too fast in a atmosphere"/reentry

- Lifesupport (preferably TAC-like)

and optional, but interesting endgame stuff like:

- resource-gathering

- produktion (fuel, Lifesupport Goods, (preferably in Interstellarmod Style, _not_ in Kethanemodstyle))

- real orbital factoring (AFAIK is there no mod that do it in a good manner)

Aerodynamics are already in the game. Their crap and wholly insufficient, but they're in. Scope features means stuff that isn't in yet. Examples of this in 0.24 are Reputation, Budget and Contracts. Those were absent before 0.24.

resource gathering (or would you say they are in the game too)

reentry heat (don't think that is planned sadly)

payloads (real cargobays)

astronaut training and skills

lifesupport (not planned either I'm afraid)

some sort of automation (like giving rovers orders - not planned afaik)

I would like to see these in game. What features are considered to be added until scope completion is reached (again), only Harvester can tell though (and it would be cool if he did)

Then there is also the question of what features the dlc will bring us...

So as we know, the coming release of the contract system brings KSP one step closer to being "Scope Complete", aka having all the core gameplay systems implemented and allowing for more content focus. My question is: what gameplay systems do you think need to be added in the next couple updates to reach this level of completion? A few things off the top of my head:

-Expanded Kerbal mechanics such as recruiting, training, individual reputation, and rewards for survival.

-Deep space exploration and "discovery" systems

-Multiplayer (if that's considered a component of scope completion)

-Career mode endgame mechanics, such as "crux" missions.

Pretty much these with Re-entry heating needing to still be added or mentioned.

Beyond that the other promising suggestions haven't be comfirmed and could still be totally left out of the game. For instance Lifesupport and any sort of mining.

I don't think they're going to add anything for "scope complete" beyond multiplayer. The dev's just don't listen to what players want in stock, and just rely on mods to their jobs for them. If there is anything besides, multiplayer, they probably won't tell us about it until it's almost done. The asteroid pack was the last really "new" thing in the game in that it was announced less than 6 months ago.

And since the development speed sucks, they really don't have time keep their "scope complete before year's end" goal either, if they add anything else beyond multiplayer.

I'm also done trying to be nice about these complaints, but I can't say why, because that would also violate the forum rules.

I don't think they're going to add anything for "scope complete" beyond multiplayer.

Considering we'll see maybe two more updates this year I'd expect the next update to address something, maybe some additional career mechanics, and the update after that to address multiplayer, as far as "scope completion" goes (since they have stated they want it done this year). It's doable with the current team, I think, although another dev wouldn't hurt. Next year we can probably safely assume it'll all be polishing, with maybe two or three updates before the game is considered "complete". Polishing might include systems that have languished but I have to agree that a lot of player-desired features will likely be completely ignored in favor of "accessibility.

Anyway, like you I have lost a lot of faith and enthusiasm in SQUAD lately. Not the game, mind you, it's a wonderful platform on which to build the space game you really want to play. Shame it can't strive to be more.

I don't think they're going to add anything for "scope complete" beyond multiplayer. The dev's just don't listen to what players want in stock, and just rely on mods to their jobs for them. If there is anything besides, multiplayer, they probably won't tell us about it until it's almost done. The asteroid pack was the last really "new" thing in the game in that it was announced less than 6 months ago.

And since the development speed sucks, they really don't have time keep their "scope complete before year's end" goal either, if they add anything else beyond multiplayer.

I'm also done trying to be nice about these complaints, but I can't say why, because that would also violate the forum rules.

I always thought multiplier comes after scope completion. Its a key element of the whole KSP game, and defiantly going to be put in before its final release, but i never felt it was part of scope completion. Its another reason why i don't think multiplier is part of scope complete, it alone would take the rest of the year to complete(or more).

It seems like the dev's just added key elements to the game, and every other change was in regard to what the community wanted from mods or requested. IE a moddable toolbar, the contracts are moddable, and the game is 64-bit so more mods.

I dont understand how the new update isn't new......

I dont understand how the new update isn't new......

Well, it works like this:

When the devs add something I like, it's a "new feature".

When the devs add something I don't like, it's "ruining the game".

When the devs add something that was modded in, it's "stealing".

When the devs take time to make sure things work correctly, it's "being slow".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.