Addressing Yesterday's 0.24 Info

SQUAD

I'm pretty sure the OP's comment, "what this means for some of you is that you can lay off the F5 for a bit" means you can lay off the quicksaves for a bit. "F5" if quicksave in KSP. (It has nothing to do with browsers. The reference is to the KSP program. I'm pretty sure the OP is saying that since so many bugs have been fixed, there's not as much need to quicksave.)

You'd be dead wrong though.

The better question would be: why is someone updating the engine, just 5 minutes before the release... ;.;

Yeah, unless it provided some significant benefit.

Could have been a bug or something that Squad couldn't work around, and the update provided the solution. Unfortunatly the update introduced a new problem.

That is pure speculation on my part of course.

Edited by MoeMelek

I really wonder why this thread exists in the first place. By apologizing for not releasing yesterday (or was it the day before), they are now setting expections for today or tomorrow. That is kind of the opposite of "we don't give release dates."

I really wonder why this thread exists in the first place. By apologizing for not releasing yesterday (or was it the day before), they are now setting expections for today or tomorrow. That is kind of the opposite of "we don't give release dates."

Well they didn't give the release date prior to that.(not for the public anyway, internally in the company probably yes)

They just made a post saying that the planned releasing the game that day but had a setback.

It sounds like they suddenly at the last minute decided to try running using a new updated version of Unity, and found a problem when they did. That may seem irresponsible to make a last minute change like that, but it could have been because the new version did a thing really useful for the release (like, say, help support the 64 bit upgrade for other platforms besides Windows). I can see the new Unity release coming out, and someone at SQUAD thinking "Well, we'd better double check now and see if anything we're about to release will need a redesign anyway and a patch to handle the new Unity release. If it would, then it's better to just not release yet than to release and then immediately release a patch a few days afterward."

I understand what you are saying, but keep in mind that they are not setting expectations. We are. I read this as next week at best, but what do I know... Except how to not set my expectations too high and be disappointed. (EDIT: I am referring to myself, not insinuating anything.)

Edited by jBeta

I understand what you are saying, but keep in mind that they are not setting expectations. We are. I read this as next week at best, but what do I know... Except how to not set my expectations too high and be disappointed. (EDIT: I am referring to myself, not insinuating anything.)

What Beta said ... nobody's setting expectations but yourself, blizzy.

You should know "What to expect when you're expecting". Oh wait, wrong movie :P

Anyway hope the odate delays as much as possible-then I won't have missed out as much when I finally come back home in August!

Even though release is so close I can smell the booster fuel, something tells me that it may be a while. That's okay, though. I'd rather have a quality release than a hastily cobbled together one that breaks when you so much as look at it wrong.

I think that is no option, especial in case of testing and bug fixing and testing again. With the policy of realeasing the most stable and finished update this takes time.

The better question would be: why is someone updating the engine, just 5 minutes before the release... ;.;

Love proving negative attitudes wrong. Positive can-do attitudes get you to SPACE!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.