[1.8.x - 1.12.x] Skylab - (Compatible with DECQ, OLDD, FASA) - 7-24-21

raidernick

why doesn't my fasa adapter connect to the skylab?

That's because I forgot to update the nodes for KSP 1.0 in the mm config files. Here is an update that fixes it

UPDATE V0.82

-Fixed nodes to be compatible with new KSP version

Every time i separated the first stage and ignited the 2nd stage engines it kept flipping

Not sure what that has to do with this. This mod is just the station, if you are having trouble with the rocket go post in the thread for the rocket, not here. Though it sounds like you are just flying it wrong.

Searching around here it appears that SQUAD broke the damn fairings. It seems no multiple part fairings work anymore...

That has nothing to do with it. The fairings wok no differently as they did in any other version of KSP. All squad did was all fairings that act aerodynamically, if you have the old type they still do nothing. The fairings "falling off" is a problem on your end only.

Got a video now, FRAPS has really come along!

https://youtu.be/wN1FX9mlENg

Well...yup that definitely the fairing ls falling off. However it looks like the whol station is falling into the decoupler as well. Idk what that means and I am gonna ask obvious question but sometimes that works? Are you useing the proper module manager? Do you have any module manger installed? Are you useing the craft file? What other mods are you using?

UPDATE V1.0

-Added secondary sunshade to station

-Added concept space station freedom repairs and cover to station

-Firespitter is now a dependency

-Separated telescope into its own part

-Removed unbroken version of the station duplicate model, both the realistic and concept versions of the station use the same model now, this breaks previous saves with the unbroken station

-Updated all craft files and module manager configs

-Fixed some minor texture/normal issues, removed duplicate materials and unused textures

This is a major release and scope complete for this mod. This doesn't mean I won't be updating it anymore, but it does mean the end of save breaking updates(hopefully).

This update is save breaking as it removes some parts from the mod(it will only delete that craft when you load the save if you have it active), most notably the unbroken version of the station. Originally the regular and unbroken versions were 2 separate models because of the limitations of the stock animation module. I have moved over to firespitter and each piece has it's own animation and can be toggled independently, this eliminates the need for duplicate models as both versions of the station now share the same model. You can toggle the 2 different sunshades on and off independently, the mm shields and left solar panel can be left on the station for the "intended" version. Also I included a thermal blanket cover for the space station freedom concept version of the station where it would have been refurbished in the early 80's. Also, the telescope is now a separate piece so shocks delivered to the main body of the station don't break the solar panels on the telescope, also this opens up the doorway to include a skylab-b version in a later update.

m31SoDU.png

Got a video now, FRAPS has really come along!

https://youtu.be/wN1FX9mlENg

Can you send me a list of your mods and versions and your output_log.txt right after the fairings fall off. This is almost certainly a mod conflict caused by a bad plugin mod. If it isn't that the only other possibility is that the physics load is jarring them and causing the joints the break.

Have you thought about adding the ModuleScienceLab and ModuleScienceConverter to Skylab so it can act like a full lab?

I don't use career mode so I didn't even know about that. If I remember I will add it in the next release. In the meantime there is nothing preventing you from adding it to the config.

I don't use career mode so I didn't even know about that. If I remember I will add it in the next release. In the meantime there is nothing preventing you from adding it to the config.

Oh, I did when I first started using Skylab after KSP 1 was released. I just through I'd mention it so you might add it to the released configs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry if I have missed something, but the installation instructions in the OP read:

"Merge/Overwrite the Gamedata and Ship folders in your main KSP directory with the ones from this mod."

However the zip file does not include a Ship folder or craft files. Was this forgotten in the latest package or am I missing something?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.