[1.1.3] Surface Experiment Pack - EVA science for KIS/KAS (v1.4.2 6/30/2016) *Now with less explosions*

AlbertKermin

2 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

One of my favorite mods was AlbertKerman's Munar Surface Experiment Pack.  Now that I'm using pre-release 1.1, I hope to use this mod as well (although, unfortunately, I've already worked through most of the tech tree in career mode).  So, science gained will be just for the fun of it.

If you're looking for a challenge try the engineering tech tree! I'm having a lot of fun with it. 

12 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

One of my favorite mods was AlbertKerman's Munar Surface Experiment Pack.  Now that I'm using pre-release 1.1, I hope to use this mod as well (although, unfortunately, I've already worked through most of the tech tree in career mode).  So, science gained will be just for the fun of it.

To be clear (I can't tell from your post) this IS Munar Surface Experiment Pack. 'Munar' got dropped from the name a) to signify that it is a complete remake of the mod, and b) because the mod now has atmospheric experiments, so implying that it is restricted to just the Mun seems counter intuitive.

5 minutes ago, Apollo13 said:

I did not say it was restricted to ONLY Munar.  I was just using the ORIGINAL name as used by AlbertKerman.  Not counter-intuitive, just being precise.

I think you misunderstood me. :) I'm saying that we changed the name because we didn't want players to think it only worked on moons, when as I said there are several atmospheric experiments.

Hi, i'm having a problem where I can't get the right click interface with any of the experiments! I can use the many unit but not any of the attach-ables. I download the mod straight through CKAN and it's currently the only mod (along with the generic science module thingy and KIS/KAS) on right now. I am also not getting the "structural girder" attachment point on the main unit when I use any tool yet the node does appear when try to attach the wire connectors

2 hours ago, DanMingle said:

Hi, i'm having a problem where I can't get the right click interface with any of the experiments! I can use the many unit but not any of the attach-ables. I download the mod straight through CKAN and it's currently the only mod (along with the generic science module thingy and KIS/KAS) on right now. I am also not getting the "structural girder" attachment point on the main unit when I use any tool yet the node does appear when try to attach the wire connectors

So it wasn't just me after all!

On 4/16/2016 at 0:52 PM, DanMingle said:

On 4/16/2016 at 3:33 PM, cyberpunkdreams said:

Are you using 1.0.5 or 1.1? Because the mod downloads with Dmagic's 1.0.5 plugin right now, and a different version of it is needed for 1.1.  :)

On 16.04.2016 at 7:52 PM, DanMingle said:

CKAN

On 16.04.2016 at 10:33 PM, cyberpunkdreams said:

SCAN updates without checking the version of the game.

It is necessary to verify all mods at the appropriate version KSP.

In my case(KSP 1.0.5) broke mod:

DMagicScienceAnimate-v0.12 downgrade to v0.11
USITools-0.7.1.0 downgrade to 0.6.3.0
(Both breaking research menu)

DeadlyReentry-v7.3.2 - break KIS. downgrade to  7.3.1

Also replace ModuleManager.2.6.20.dll to ModuleManager.2.6.18.dll (but about this not sure)

On 4/16/2016 at 11:52 AM, DanMingle said:

On 4/16/2016 at 2:33 PM, cyberpunkdreams said:

Was having same thing.  As Zeta mentioned, downgrading to  DMagicScienceAnimate .11 fixed it for me.

Edited by BevoLJ

6 hours ago, Nucluer said:

Hi it says on Spacedock that you are still in version 1.0.5 just FYI

There will hopefully be a 1.1 version coming out soon, with some of the inprovements Cobalt and I have made to it since.

1 minute ago, AlbertKermin said:

There will hopefully be a 1.1 version coming out soon, with some of the inprovements Cobalt and I have made to it since.

Yup. It will include two new experiments and the new storage options.

9 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yup. It will include two new experiments and the new storage options.

BTW, I have the science defs for the gravity experiment mostly done. Just need to get them off my iPod and spell check them. :)

I also got a GitHub account set up, but I have no clue how to use that site yet, so how do you want me to send you the files? Or do you want me to just integrate them before I upload to Spacedock, or did you want to do that?

Edited by AlbertKermin

5 minutes ago, AlbertKermin said:

BTW, I have the science defs for the gravity experiment mostly done. Just need to get them off my iPod and spell check them. :)

I also got a GitHub account set up, but I have no clue how to use that site yet, so how do you want me to send you the files? Or do you want me to just integrate them before I upload to Spacedock, or did you want to do that?

If you send me the sciencedefs I can integrate them with everything. Were you going to write part descriptions and names as well? After that we'll put out a dev release for testing and go from there. PM me your github account I'll try and get it added to the repo. You'll need to download the source and put it somewhere, download the github app, and then point it at that repo folder. I think.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alright everyone, We have a pre-release ready for the new update. Please download it from GitHub and test it out. Let us know if there are any issues.

The mod is working, but i have issues with Tarsier Space Technology!

The preview version is working well without conflict with KSP 1.1 and TST, but the 1.4 pre make TST not work!

I send a log file to modder of TST and send it to you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m66di5tzx537l60/output_log.rar?dl=0

4 minutes ago, Leandro Basi said:

The mod is working, but i have issues with Tarsier Space Technology!

The preview version is working well without conflict with KSP 1.1 and TST, but the 1.4 pre make TST not work!

I send a log file to modder of TST and send it to you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m66di5tzx537l60/output_log.rar?dl=0

Wait so what exactly is the issue? TST does not work with SEP 1.4 installed? Does the current stable release 1.3 do that?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Wait so what exactly is the issue? TST does not work with SEP 1.4 installed? Does the current stable release 1.3 do that?

Yes, TST chemcam and telescopies dont take Science. The chemcam rotate and init, and the telescope open and target, but nothing happens, dont Science get!

With version 1,3 all is working!

So stoked you're updating this mod for 1.1! I'm fairly new to KSP and this mod has been a great and straightforward way for me to experiment with KIS/KAS and to set up small science outposts pretty much everywhere lol. 

On 4/25/2016 at 7:39 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Alright everyone, We have a pre-release ready for the new update. Please download it from GitHub and test it out. Let us know if there are any issues.

The attachable experiments still aren't clickable, as described above.

I'll try downgrading to DMagicScienceAnimate .11 and see if that still fixes the problem, but that really shouldn't be necessary with your brand-new release.

Otherwise, AWESOME mod! I've always thought ALSEP stuff was really cool.

1 hour ago, Rhedd said:

The attachable experiments still aren't clickable, as described above.

I'll try downgrading to DMagicScienceAnimate .11 and see if that still fixes the problem, but that really shouldn't be necessary with your brand-new release.

Otherwise, AWESOME mod! I've always thought ALSEP stuff was really cool.

If you are running 1.0.5, then the version of DMSA that is included still won't work. If not, then we have a bigger problem.