Artificial Gravity Space Station

If I have a command module docked to a multi-docking surface, and I want to put another module on the direct opposite side of that multi-docking node, and then have them perform a roll thrust using RCS, would the entire thing spin? Or can I get JUST the command modules to spin with out getting the multi-docking attachment to spin also?

If things are docked together then the whole thing will spin around the center of mass. (Assuming all you have is the command pods and docking node it will spin around the docking node) Also, as soon as you go out of physics range, or time warp it will stop spinning.

Also, can senior docking ports connect to regular docking ports?

No, Not without some config editing. Docking Ports can only connect to those of the same size. Sr to Sr, Jr to Jr and Regular to Regular.

I forget which mod pack it is, but there is one which adds a small centrifuge module. It's basically a ring-shaped habitat that allows you to turn the spin on or off. Doesn't affect anything in game (even the torque is "fake" in that there's no reaction force) but when you put it on a station or long-duration ship, it looks boss.

I forget which mod pack it is, but there is one which adds a small centrifuge module. It's basically a ring-shaped habitat that allows you to turn the spin on or off. Doesn't affect anything in game (even the torque is "fake" in that there's no reaction force) but when you put it on a station or long-duration ship, it looks boss.

It's in Porkjet's excellent Habitat pack

So basically its no use to build one, because it will just stop spinning? If so, then I'll draw up something else.
Well you can always spin it up with reaction wheels.

Bear in mind that you can't walk in an artgrav space station in stock, the Kerbals will just float around. I believe you can drive rovers in such a station though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.