[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

I know, I dislike the idea of it working in the atmosphere aswell, but can't really do anything about it because it's plugin related, maybe Kreuzung can do something. Also I will lower the thrust when we can accelerate and warp at the same time, even now using it on 1x is painfully slow.

Yeah, the lack of physical warp should be fixed in 0.17, Harv said he's adding up to 10x warp without on-rails mode, should be much better then. I understand that it's plugin related, there's nothing us mortals can do bout that.

Make them run opposite the way jet engines run - work only when there's no air flow. Hell, if there was no concerns about batteries, they could just be jet engines which reach max efficiency at 0 air flow - just add solar panels to the engine model and you've got charge, make it use very little fuel and you have your xenon/random gas.

sorry if this is a stupid question, but how is one supposed to get ships like the one in the OP into orbit?

Boosters if that fails, add MOAR BOOSTERS :D. Seriously I think the only way for that size is using space build mod, at least untill we get docking. (for the record I cheated and edited it to orbit for the screenshots)

Since we can watch movies in full length on youtube now ... i just stumbled about this and had to chuckle a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpd2-b4n-wE&feature=fvwrel

For those who dont understand - jump to 0:26:27 and youll see what caused my joy.

Great movie.

Its actually quite fun to watch that movie again, after all those experiences I had with KSP. "Watch out, or we might overshoot D:"

Hehe... yeah I know that feeling. :)

Edited by Audiopulse

@agressorblue: Use the orbital construction mod found here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9283-0-16-0-Plugin-Orbital-Planetary-Construction-V9-3

It has worked out very well for me.

My new space station/interplanetary vessel built with this pack:

A36eP.png

This mod is awesome, thanks!

HA! I love the wheels :)

I'll try that though, thanks!

I did have some luck yesterday with half of the ship from the OP, and I also just DLed the fixed Decouplers, so I should be better on that front now.

Great mod you've got there, just the thing i needed to complete my ship. I noticed a weird thing though. In pictures i see people placing struts on each other at the sides but i can't do that.

I can only put them beneath each other -> I only have 1 green dot so placing them at the side is a no-go.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

I like your Ion engine alot, but I'm wondering if you could release a half sized version along with a half sized battery? :)

You can simply add "rescaleFactor = 0.5" to the asset parameters in part CFG - and you get the half-sized engine\battery\etc.

You can simply add "rescaleFactor = 0.5" to the asset parameters in part CFG - and you get the half-sized engine\battery\etc.

Yeah I had heard about people doing that, so I might try that out... Half the weight, thrust, size... Sounds nice. :)

Great mod pack! I have a bug, though. The battery when I attach it does not show up as a batter but has the structural icon like struts would. It doesn't have power in it either. Just something that happened to me. might be some plug in I have or something

Great mod pack! I have a bug, though. The battery when I attach it does not show up as a batter but has the structural icon like struts would. It doesn't have power in it either. Just something that happened to me. might be some plug in I have or something

Right click battery, "Show Part Indicator". Use "Show Ship Indicator" for viewing the total amount of power in the entire ship.

Btw, loving your ion engine+solar panels.

Also, if it shows 0, you're missing the resource config in the KSP/Resources folder. There should be a Kreuzung.cfg in it (if you have ZO2 installed, there's a file called EPS.cfg with AFAIK the exact same content. Game works flawless with both of them or one missing AFAIK).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.