[0.21][Parts Pack]Deep Space Mission Pack - Now open source!

kockaspiton

Nice looking ship.

There is one mistake: The windows on the rotating module are misplaced, because during rotation the centrifugal force pushes everything to the sides, so their current position is actualy the floor.

ferrisTb.jpg

EzekielsWheel5.jpg

The windows should be placed like this:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=28148.0;attach=375503;image

Also it would be good to see heat radiators for the ship. Otherwise this is realy a good concept

Defying Gravity, an excellent series, canceled way too soon.

Is there a reason that the .zip file i downloaded from kerbal.net is encrypted?

It does not actually cause any problems after I get it installed, but it throws me an odd dialog box when i un-zip it.

When i go to un-zip the folder, it asks me if i want to copy the folder without encryption when i go to un-zip it. However, other than the dialog box popping up when it should not (IMO) is a bit strange.

Manufacturer: Various for components (using parts from a nearby "performance-oriented" computer shop), Assembled using my own two hands

CPU: Intel Core i7-920

RAM: 4 GB (2x 2GB sticks) Mushkin DDR3

Graphics card: EVGA brand Nvidia GTX460 graphics card (768MB GDDR5)

Anti-virus: AVG Internet Security 2012 (paid version)

EDIT: just realized it might have something to do with Windows 7 attempting to read the _MACOSX sub-folder (and therefore getting all confuzzled)

Edited by SciMan
added possible cause for issue

I must be a complete idiot, because despite having powertech, electrical energy, and kerthane/satellite installed and the powertech-elec compatibility plugin, the larger ion engine refuses to take the energy from the solar panels or provide thrust.

Loving the pack so far. Two questions, not sure if this is place for them but haven't found a better.

1. I've downloaded the program from kerbal.net and mediafire, and each time it tells me that the centrifuge model and solar panel model can't be unpacked because the archive is incomplete. Known issue?

2. These ships are massive. How am I supposed to launch them? Build an even bigger launch vehicle? :)

Thanks, and again- loving it!

Are you mixing the parts with other packs? The MMI energy stuff currently is incompatible to everything.

For this pack, you only need ElEnergy, the other plugins are from other packs.

I figured out what was wrong, apparently I needed to physically attach panels to the DSM batteries, unlike the Satellite/PowerTech/Mumech stuff.

Hey man, wanna report a sort of "Bug" Which I had.

If I make a ship with some 3m items (I made the ship in the pics, the big one) If I press Ctrl + Z or I launch and then restart, The batteries that should be 3m, cus I placed 3M ones, go to 2.5 M and are actually not connected, but which are still???

Really weird, I hope you can explain this kinda.

Thanks!

Ownings2

>Mariner

Can't be the reason, that was long time ago when it used another plugin, and it's impossible due to the way the code is written. I also tested it again right now.

Maybe you forgot to activate them?

I was missing the Krezeung.cfg file, but forgot to mention it.

Hey man, wanna report a sort of "Bug" Which I had.

I believe it's because the parts have the same name in the cfg file. So when you try and load or reload the ship part, the game has to pick one. This happened to me when using the DSM ASAS module with the 2.5M DSMStrut (struts turning into ASAS). After renaming DSMStrut to DSMASAS in the cfg, you'll have to fix/delete the part again, but just reapply.

Greets. :D

I believe it's because the parts have the same name in the cfg file. So when you try and load or reload the ship part, the game has to pick one. This happened to me when using the DSM ASAS module with the 2.5M DSMStrut (struts turning into ASAS). After renaming DSMStrut to DSMASAS in the cfg, you'll have to fix/delete the part again, but just reapply.

Greets. :D

Oooops, thank you for figuring that out, I uploaded a fixed version.

The engines do work , its the nuclear reactor that stopped working for some reason. I was using a modified ZO2 tank turned in to a smaller version of this reactor and after I switched to 0.17 my craft started running out of energy... first I thought that it was a difference between energy consumtpion and reactor output but it was not working at all... the same thing with the big reactor here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.