Career, Sandbox, or Science?

G'th

Career, Sandbox, or Science?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Career, Sandbox, or Science?

• Career
    • Sandbox
    • Science! TM

I guess I didn't know that there was a mode w/o contracts, but that was still a pseudo-career mode with science. I thought it was just Sandbox and Career, but Career now has contracts and science, not just science. I could be wrong and missed something somewhere though.

For me, I will be going career mode with plenty of science on the side for sure!

I've always had this weird, fun idea in the back of my head as I play KSP that the player is a human kidnapped by Kerbals with a one-use there-and-back dimensional portal. They really want to explore space, and use their portal to kidnap a human, figuring that surely, every member of a species that has a space program must be so proud of the accomplishment that they try to learn everything they can about how rockets work.

Turns out the guy they get speaks no Kerbian, and only has a passing familiarity with how rockets work -- which doesn't diminish the Kerbals' enthusiasm one iota. Hilarity ensues.

The Contract mode seems to place the faith of those poor Kerbals even more into the hapless human they commandeered for their space efforts. So yeah, I'll be playing the heck out of that. But I'll probably still use Sandbox quite a lot.

I can't wait to do some contracts. As a former Government contractor I want to be in the middle of building something and have the contract yanked out from underneath me or changed. It really adds a level of suspense to the game.

I guess I didn't know that there was a mode w/o contracts, but that was still a pseudo-career mode with science. I thought it was just Sandbox and Career, but Career now has contracts and science, not just science. I could be wrong and missed something somewhere though.

For me, I will be going career mode with plenty of science on the side for sure!

The FAQ outlines the 3 new modes.