[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

5 hours ago, terrakoda said:

I meant how much fuel are they supposed to use per second by default?

I'd tell you, but that value is never explicitly defined in the engine module. That's a function of Isp, thrust, and the fuel ratio. I would hop in-game to find that value for you but I'm getting ready for school atm.

5 hours ago, jandcando said:

I'd tell you, but that value is never explicitly defined in the engine module. That's a function of Isp, thrust, and the fuel ratio. I would hop in-game to find that value for you but I'm getting ready for school atm.

Alright! I just didnt want to have to mess with my personal save, find a way to downgrade and then add the mod just to find out, especially if you have an easy way to find out

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I come hopefully bearing a solution to those of you with the issue of the fusion type engines consuming far too much deuterium. The CommunityResoursePack is indeed the problem. The solution is actually quite simple. Go to your game data folder open up your CommunityResourcePack folder and then open the CommonResources.cfg in a text editor like notepad. Use ctrl+F to search through it and type hydrogenin the search box. Replace the ENTIRE entry for hydrogen with the following:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Hydrogen
   density = 0.000899
   unitCost = 0.01
   hsp = 143
   flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
   transfer = PUMP
   isTweakable = false
}

^That is the resource definition for hydrogen used inside your II folder.

Then use ctrl+F again and search for deuterium and replace that ENTIRE entry with the following:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Deuterium
   density = 0.000972
   unitCost = 8
   hsp = 143
   flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
   transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = true
}

^That is the resource definition for Deuterium inside your II folder.

By doing this, the correct resource values are used instead of the wrong ones. This will fix the problem for you and your engines will go back to consuming small amounts of resource again like usual. Hopefully this helped you all out!

I am running ksp 1.2.2 with the newest version of the CommunityResourcePack to date - 1/31/2017

On 1/31/2017 at 10:53 AM, Hacker717 said:

Hello all! I come hopefully bearing a solution to those of you with the issue of the fusion type engines consuming far too much deuterium. The CommunityResoursePack is indeed the problem. The solution is actually quite simple. Go to your game data folder open up your CommunityResourcePack folder and then open the CommonResources.cfg in a text editor like notepad. Use ctrl+F to search through it and type hydrogenin the search box. Replace the ENTIRE entry for hydrogen with the following:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Hydrogen
   density = 0.000899
   unitCost = 0.01
   hsp = 143
   flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
   transfer = PUMP
   isTweakable = false
}

^That is the resource definition for hydrogen used inside your II folder.

Then use ctrl+F again and search for deuterium and replace that ENTIRE entry with the following:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
   name = Deuterium
   density = 0.000972
   unitCost = 8
   hsp = 143
   flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
   transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = true
}

^That is the resource definition for Deuterium inside your II folder.

By doing this, the correct resource values are used instead of the wrong ones. This will fix the problem for you and your engines will go back to consuming small amounts of resource again like usual. Hopefully this helped you all out!

I am running ksp 1.2.2 with the newest version of the CommunityResourcePack to date - 1/31/2017

Alternatively, you could delete the Community Resource Pack resource definitions for deuterium and hydrogen entirely. This would leave Impossible Innovations to defining those resources. This solution works, but it will have the game defining the same resources twice.

The REAL fix to this problem is to create special "deuterium" and "hydrogen" resources that only the Impossible Innovations parts use. I think I'll actually do that today or tomorrow... Sorry for abandoning this project for a while guys, but I've had more important things to worry about lately. I can't guarantee commitment on this mod in the long term, but I'll touch on it every now and then... if I feel like it.

Just so everybody knows, you guys are free to make your own branches of this mod on GitHub as long as you use a compatible license and give me credit. I'm sure this mod could be a lot better under new leadership. But I don't anyone really cares that much :/ Anyways, just a reminder that I'm not all that invested in this anymore.

Edited by jandcando

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely adore this mod and have been using since the first version. Are you planing on updating this to 1.2.2? Because the crew module isn't working as its supposed to work because you can't go IVA nor EVA with the Kerbals and it'd be really cool if this was fixed. 

• 2 months later...
On 6.02.2017 at 7:31 PM, jandcando said:

Alternatively, you could delete the Community Resource Pack resource definitions for deuterium and hydrogen entirely. This would leave Impossible Innovations to defining those resources. This solution works, but it will have the game defining the same resources twice.

The REAL fix to this problem is to create special "deuterium" and "hydrogen" resources that only the Impossible Innovations parts use. I think I'll actually do that today or tomorrow... Sorry for abandoning this project for a while guys, but I've had more important things to worry about lately. I can't guarantee commitment on this mod in the long term, but I'll touch on it every now and then... if I feel like it.

Just so everybody knows, you guys are free to make your own branches of this mod on GitHub as long as you use a compatible license and give me credit. I'm sure this mod could be a lot better under new leadership. But I don't anyone really cares that much :/ Anyways, just a reminder that I'm not all that invested in this anymore.

where is the update? xD

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mike Mars said:

I suppose it's too much to hope that this mod will be updated for 1.3.

My favorite mod of all time.

In my 60 years I have learned that all good things come to an end.

MM

You might want to give more than a holiday weekend since the release before giving up.  Heck, I don't even have access to 1.3 yet - I didn't by it through Steam or Squad, and it hasn't hit my platform yet.

(Of course @jandcando's last post on the topic was fairly open on it not being a priority to him - but he could change his mind, or someone could pick this mod up if they wanted.)

31 minutes ago, DStaal said:

You might want to give more than a holiday weekend since the release before giving up.  Heck, I don't even have access to 1.3 yet - I didn't by it through Steam or Squad, and it hasn't hit my platform yet.

(Of course @jandcando's last post on the topic was fairly open on it not being a priority to him - but he could change his mind, or someone could pick this mod up if they wanted.)

I completely understand that jandcando has other, more important priorities.

My post was in no way intended as a prod to him to get going. Since he and I have communicated in the past, I'm sure he will not read it that way.

I would be shocked if Imposible Innovations was updated.

I was simply expressing how I will miss this mod.

For those of you who were fans of the engines in this mod, Space Opera seems to be a reasonable replacement.  It doesn't have all the features, but does have overpowered engines.

Good luck to all during this time of mod updating.

MM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2017 at 1:31 PM, jandcando said:

Jandcando has made it clear, on several occasions, that he has moved on to other things.

I am grateful for the enjoyment that this mod gave me, but completely understand that sometimes, the demands of life are more important than a labor of love, which creating this mod was for jandcando.

My thanks and best wishes to jandcando and all the other mod creators who work hard, with no compensation, to make this game more enjoyable for all of us.

MM

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, good evening, I am very pleased to say that I was able to run impossible inovations in ksp 1.3, I was testing the mod part by part and managed to open the game without crashes after deleting the following folders inside the folder impossibleinovations, Plugin and MiniAVC folders, This and the retribution I give to this wonderful mod and its creator and to all who like this mod like me and those who missed you so much when your project was left ....

Highlighting also that absorption and hydrogen in the atmosphere and conversion to tritium and deuterium also work, I know that it will be very hard to think that it is not right to live in the past, but as a saying in my beloved country Brazil, where I live, an old pot is made nice food!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/inovations_ksp_1-3-png

Highlighting also that absorption and hydrogen in the atmosphere and conversion to tritium and deuterium also work, I know that it will be very hard to think that it is not right to live in the past, but as a saying in my beloved country Brazil, where I live, an old pot is made nice food!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/inovations_ksp_1-3_-_2-png

https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/inovations_ksp_1-3_-_3-png

39 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

Can anyone tell me what the plugin did in game ? Is it really needed ?

The plugin is involved with several miscellaneous functionalities, but I have tried to move as much functionality as I can over to existing stock modules (like the hydrogen converter).

The plugin handles the following:

• the hydrogen intake
  • VAB categories and icons for Impossible Innovations
  • The poofing part (you'll still have it, but removing the plugin prevents it from being able to poof)
  • The ionized wing functionality (power drain, extra lift, etc.)

Other than those things, Impossible Innovations works just fine without the plugin.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2014 at 7:13 AM, jandcando said:

I've mentioned this in the forum posts, but since those get consistently buried I'm going to say it again here:

I'm no longer keeping up with this mod, so please don't ask for updates or code recompiles. It's been over a year since I've touched this, and I just don't have the time to sit down and set up a development environment again for the sole purpose of recompiling my code to work with the latest version of KSP. Thank you all for supporting me and my mod, but I've moved on to other things.

If anyone wishes to take the lead, the source code is on GitHub; just make a branch and contact me so I can redirect forum users to your page.

Thank you all again! This project was very educational for me growing up, and I'm glad I did it. I hope everyone has a great day :)

Please read the front page of this forum

5 hours ago, Refax said:

how hard is it to recompile this mod for a newer game version?

i dunno just yet. im getting ready to look into it as I too severely miss this mod. I am  beginner so deal with me on that, but I have done some work on the Darkstar Project so at least im net getting ready to try this completely blind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 9:36 PM, kenwud said:

sorry to necro this thread but has anyone any interest in updating or recompiling this mod for the current version?

Here.

100% Unofficial. 200% Untested. =P

Please report any issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.