Jump to content

[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6


jandcando
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

@jandcando

Hi sir, I am developing my own part mod, I was wondering, how did you make it so that the batteries charge themselves during time without any electric charge generator on vessels?

The batteries themselves do not charge themselves, but the big pod has a weak RTG built into it. Here is the module found in the command pod, which you can copy/paste into any part's .cfg file to apply it to that part:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleGenerator
    isAlwaysActive = true
    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
    {
       name = ElectricCharge
       rate = 0.5
    }
}
	
Edited by jandcando
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jandcando said:

The batteries themselves do not charge themselves, but the big pod has a weak RTG built into it. Here is the module found in the command pod, which you can copy/paste into any part's .cfg file to apply it to that part:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleGenerator
    isAlwaysActive = true
    OUTPUT_RESOURCE
    {
       name = ElectricCharge
       rate = 0.5
    }
}
	
 

Thanks sir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Wolfkos said:

Hello @jandcando ! 

Your mode is my favorite! How about 1.2.1 compatibility ? I surprised, that all is works on 1.2.1? but.... I wonder, that i saw this awful fuel consumption on all engines - 

Can i fix this?

What other mods do you have installed? A screenshot of your GameData folder would be the most efficient way to convey that information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jandcando said:

What other mods do you have installed? A screenshot of your GameData folder would be the most efficient way to convey that information.

I think it's because of "Interstellar mod" (in warp Plugin) in this mod - there is fuel LqdDeuterium, maybe it conflicts. 

Spoiler

co6xJiA.jpg

To be for sure - i deleted this mod - and all is ok.

Also mb i need to change the amount of Tanks for deuterium like this?

Spoiler

RESOURCE
{
 name = Deuterium
 amount = 163840002
 maxAmount = 163840002
}
 

Or mb i can change  fuel consumption somewhere in II folder?

in fact this workiing like original "II", with normal ISP

As it were - sorry for the unnecessary anxiety. And thx for the answer.

Edited by Wolfkos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Wolfkos said:

I think it's because of "Interstellar mod" (in warp Plugin) in this mod - there is fuel LqdDeuterium, maybe it conflicts. 

  Hide contents

co6xJiA.jpg

To be for sure - i deleted this mod - and all is ok.

Also mb i need to change the amount of Tanks for deuterium like this?

  Hide contents

RESOURCE
{
 name = Deuterium
 amount = 163840002
 maxAmount = 163840002
}
 

Or mb i can change  fuel consumption somewhere in II folder?

in fact this workiing like original "II", with normal ISP

As it were - sorry for the unnecessary anxiety. And thx for the answer.

From all these issues, I think it might be smart for me to just make my own variation of deuterium as a resource... Something like "II_Deuterium." Cause the name "Deuterium" seems to be stepping all over other mods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jandcando said:

From all these issues, I think it might be smart for me to just make my own variation of deuterium as a resource... Something like "II_Deuterium." Cause the name "Deuterium" seems to be stepping all over other mods.

By the way - Tritium - is work fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 24.11.2016 at 4:04 PM, jandcando said:

From all these issues, I think it might be smart for me to just make my own variation of deuterium as a resource... Something like "II_Deuterium." Cause the name "Deuterium" seems to be stepping all over other mods.

yeah, it would be awesome, you should create your own variation of deuterium because MOST players are using mods like KSP Interstellar Extended and other mods with deuterium.

//Edit

my modlist: IMGUR

Edited by Refax
modlist screenshot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2016 at 10:04 AM, jandcando said:

From all these issues, I think it might be smart for me to just make my own variation of deuterium as a resource... Something like "II_Deuterium." Cause the name "Deuterium" seems to be stepping all over other mods.

Or switch to using the CommunityResourcePack version of Deuterium, if it's suitable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK so anyone having the fuel consumption bug, I think I found a temporary solution. if you go into the II folder - parts, youll find folders named after the engines go into each and edit the configs. look for 

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000
        key = 1 50000
     

and just add zeros

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, terrakoda said:

OK so anyone having the fuel consumption bug, I think I found a temporary solution. if you go into the II folder - parts, youll find folders named after the engines go into each and edit the configs. look for 

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000
        key = 1 50000
     

and just add zeros

Lol that's definitely a fix. Sort of reminds me on how I made this mod in the first place! I think I'll make a "special" deuterium resource for this mod in the future, although I feel like this issue is relatively new. I don't know when I'll be willing and able to work on this mod again, though...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2016 at 0:48 PM, terrakoda said:

OK so anyone having the fuel consumption bug, I think I found a temporary solution. if you go into the II folder - parts, youll find folders named after the engines go into each and edit the configs. look for 

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000
        key = 1 50000
     

and just add zeros

Terra,

I did not have this problem until I updated the Community Resource Pack mod.

In any case, I have the bug now.

Do not understand the fix you are proposing.  I found the file you mention, and also the referenced section, but do not understand your instruction "just add zeros".

Would appreciate it if you could explain further.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike Mars said:

Terra,

I did not have this problem until I updated the Community Resource Pack mod.

In any case, I have the bug now.

Do not understand the fix you are proposing.  I found the file you mention, and also the referenced section, but do not understand your instruction "just add zeros".

Would appreciate it if you could explain further.

Thanks in advance for your help.

MM

 

Yea no problem! so you have this part,

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000
        key = 1 50000

and you add zeros to the 50,000. like so,

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000000
        key = 1 50000000

that increases the isp and decreases the fuel use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, terrakoda said:

Yea no problem! so you have this part,

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000
        key = 1 50000

and you add zeros to the 50,000. like so,

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 50000000
        key = 1 50000000

that increases the isp and decreases the fuel use.

Terra,

Thank you for the explanation.

I tested the fix with the HE engine and flew a spaceplane mission to orbit and back.  While performance has significantly improved, it seems like I am not getting the efficiency I had before the bug struck.

Would adding another set of zeros improve performance even more?

Just tested this last question and the answer appears to be yes!

To adjust LE and standard fusion engines, would I use the same technique?  Simply adding 3 zeros to the two factors?

MM

Edited by Mike Mars
Answered my own question I think
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mike Mars said:

Terra,

Thank you for the explanation.

I tested the fix with the HE engine and flew a spaceplane mission to orbit and back.  While performance has significantly improved, it seems like I am not getting the efficiency I had before the bug struck.

Would adding another set of zeros improve performance even more?

Just tested this last question and the answer appears to be yes!

To adjust LE and standard fusion engines, would I use the same technique?  Simply adding 3 zeros to the two factors?

MM

 

Yea! You're able to add as many zeros as you wish to increase performance. I believe each 0 decreases fuel use by 10% so my 3 zeros decreased fuel use by 1000%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, terrakoda said:

Yea! You're able to add as many zeros as you wish to increase performance. I believe each 0 decreases fuel use by 10% so my 3 zeros decreased fuel use by 1000%.

I added one more zero than you did and it seems to pretty closely replicate the performance of the HE engine before the bug.

Thanks for your help with this.

Love this mod.  I doubt I would play KSP nearly enough without it.

MM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mike Mars said:

I added one more zero than you did and it seems to pretty closely replicate the performance of the HE engine before the bug.

Thanks for your help with this.

Love this mod.  I doubt I would play KSP nearly enough without it.

MM

 

Yea no problem! I lose it a lot too, that's why i spent like an hour figuring out how to fix it!

 

On 12/6/2016 at 0:39 PM, jandcando said:

Lol that's definitely a fix. Sort of reminds me on how I made this mod in the first place! I think I'll make a "special" deuterium resource for this mod in the future, although I feel like this issue is relatively new. I don't know when I'll be willing and able to work on this mod again, though...

 

Can you tell me the original fuel consumptions?  I can sort out what isp is needed to get everything close. I just can't find any documentation of them anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, terrakoda said:

Can you tell me the original fuel consumptions?  I can sort out what isp is needed to get everything close. I just can't find any documentation of them anywhere.

All documentation is in GitHub, where you can find the .cfg files as they are in any version. I just checked and the default consumption ratios for all 3 varieties of fusion engine is 0.1.

I was also looking through the Community Resource Pack GitHub page, and I found the release where they introduced a deuterium of their own. It is probably more realistic than mine in every way, and for that reason it conflicts. I simply set the density of my deuterium to the density of hydrogen at room temperature... I think. Cause it is an isotope of hydrogen. But I didn't think about pressurized tanks or anything when I did that. The Community Resource Pack's Deuterium is much, much less dense than mine, with a density of 0.000000180. Mine is 0.000972. So the engines are eating up deuterium faster now because it is much less dense than it was. This probably means all your ships are lighter if you have CRP installed. Simply deleting the lines in CRP that define deuterium would fix this, but I don't expect you guys to have to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jandcando said:

All documentation is in GitHub, where you can find the .cfg files as they are in any version. I just checked and the default consumption ratios for all 3 varieties of fusion engine is 0.1.

I was also looking through the Community Resource Pack GitHub page, and I found the release where they introduced a deuterium of their own. It is probably more realistic than mine in every way, and for that reason it conflicts. I simply set the density of my deuterium to the density of hydrogen at room temperature... I think. Cause it is an isotope of hydrogen. But I didn't think about pressurized tanks or anything when I did that. The Community Resource Pack's Deuterium is much, much less dense than mine, with a density of 0.000000180. Mine is 0.000972. So the engines are eating up deuterium faster now because it is much less dense than it was. This probably means all your ships are lighter if you have CRP installed. Simply deleting the lines in CRP that define deuterium would fix this, but I don't expect you guys to have to do that.

This conflict makes sense because I did not have a problem until I updated my Community Resource Pack mod to the most recent version, just a couple of days ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jandcando said:

All documentation is in GitHub, where you can find the .cfg files as they are in any version. I just checked and the default consumption ratios for all 3 varieties of fusion engine is 0.1.

I was also looking through the Community Resource Pack GitHub page, and I found the release where they introduced a deuterium of their own. It is probably more realistic than mine in every way, and for that reason it conflicts. I simply set the density of my deuterium to the density of hydrogen at room temperature... I think. Cause it is an isotope of hydrogen. But I didn't think about pressurized tanks or anything when I did that. The Community Resource Pack's Deuterium is much, much less dense than mine, with a density of 0.000000180. Mine is 0.000972. So the engines are eating up deuterium faster now because it is much less dense than it was. This probably means all your ships are lighter if you have CRP installed. Simply deleting the lines in CRP that define deuterium would fix this, but I don't expect you guys to have to do that.

 

I meant how much fuel are they supposed to use per second by default?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...