[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

I don't know why the ionized wing would nuke your frame rate, considering it is graphically identical to the original stock delta wing. I haven't tested this with .25, so maybe something bad happened... Wait did it take on the new delta wing model?? If so, it can easily be fixed.

The hydrogen conversion system does require a significant amount of ElectricCharge, but I don't think it would wipe out a 10k battery... Like I said, I have not tested to make sure everything works right in 0.25, but the code was recompiled. I'll try to remember to look into it later, but no promises. My life is more busy than I would like it to be at the moment...

Thanks for the response. The ionized wing model does in fact look different from the regular delta wing model. Did Squad plan on replacing that model with a different one? It kind of looks like a scaled up tail fin. But I can tell you the models are different.

I would wager that the .25 changes must have done something to the hydrogen converter part. It functions like it should, but yeah I think it wiping out a 10k battery is a bug. Don't worry about getting around to it right away, I have other projects to keep me busy.

Looking forward to your future work on the mod :)

loaded the new file and there is no thrust vector engine. locked out of all my main craft. help!

Sorry, but I have no clue why that would happen. Do you have this installed on the correct version on KSP? Is this mod the only mod installed? If there is anything funny appearing in the log? Have you recreated this issue, or is it happening just this once? I'm happy to help you, but I really can't unless you give me more info.

my ionic wings are exploding

That is an intended feature; the ion wings lose all their lifting capability if they don't have any ElectricCharge. The only way I found to accomplish this is by making them explode. Just slap some flat solar panels onto your plane and you'll be fine :)

Version 0.7 of Impossible Innovations has been released!

I present "The Coming of TweakScale"

ADDED FEATURES:

Included TweakScale in Impossible Innovations. This drastically changed the part layout. Here's the new system:

Engines:

There are only 4 deuterium engines now; a standard model, a standard radial model, a High-Efficiency model, and a Low-Efficiency model.

Added a new CL-20 booster and tweaked lots of the engine settings for all CL-20 boosters.

ALL engines are fully rescalable from 0.625m to 7m.

Tanks:

There are now only 4 deuterium tanks, varying only in length.

There are only 2 tritium tanks; a stackable and a radial type.

ALL tanks are rescalable.

I added 2 new ships to the VAB ship selection; an Impossible Lander and The Impossible Missle of Doom.

There is now only 1 dead weight. The dead weight now has a resource called "Lead." Lead adds the correct amount of weight per unit (liter) added to the part. The larger the dead weight is upscaled, the more lead it can hold.

Engines can now be requested for testing in contracts.

There are now only 2 kind of rescalable parachutes; a top-stack one and a radial one.

Solar panels are rescalable.

TDRCS ports are now rescalable.

Poofing part is now rescalabe.

Both probe cores are now rescalable.

There is now only 1 kind of stackable battery pack.

CHANGED FEATURES / NOTES:

THIS UPDATE WILL BREAK EVERY SHIP THAT USES IMPOSSIBLE INNOVATIONS PARTS, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

I have left the hydrogen processing system, the reaction wheel system, and the ionized wing out of the TweakScale system for now. They will come eventually.

I played with lots of part prices and settings.

The command pod will never be rescalable, and neither will the struts.

I left the radial battery pack out of the TweakScale system because it will be replaced soon.

REMOVED FEATURES:

Treeloader is no longer! I will be using TechManager in the next release.

I removed pretty much every engine and tank, except for the ones currently implemented.

Removed the Impossible Innovations Heavy craft from the VAB.

In the next version of Impossible Innovations, the tech tree is back!

0.8:

Added a stable, but unbalanced tech tree, powered by TechManager!

New models for aluminum strut, iridium strut, radial battery pack, and the x8 deuterium tank!

Radial battery is now rescalable.

Fixed the positions of a few placement nodes.

All nodes are now size 1! That means no more massive 3-meter nodes on a tiny 1-meter part.

Support for the Addon Version Checker by cybutek was added! It isn't in the release package, but the option to monitor the version of this mod is now available if you want to do it. Just install AVC.

4-Kerbal command pod now uses tritium instead of ElectricCharge for torque. The weak RTG is still in place, though.

The 4-Kerbal command pod's IVA was removed due to weird clipping stuff while inside.

If you have any questions concerning the tech tree, feel free to ask me about it. Also, the tech tree nodes aren't exactly balanced yet, so I REALLY need feedback about that if it is to be fixed.

Hey kendu72, I finally got around to actually testing Impossible Innovations on KSP 0.25, and nothing seems out of place. The ionized wing does not in any way affect my framerate, and it looks the way it is supposed to.

Thank you for taking the time to test it out. It's probably my rig. I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with the new version. :)

Thank you for taking the time to test it out. It's probably my rig. I'm definitely looking forward to playing around with the new version. :)

Ok thanks for your support!

Just to make sure you are aware, 2 updates have happened since you were last here. The updates will break all pre-existing craft you may have that used parts from this mod. Lots of things have changed!

I am really enjoying the added availability of Tweakscale in with the mod, along with pretty much everything else about the whole thing. I had wondered if a CL-20 separatron was out of the question for future versions. The reason I ask is I, personally, like to try and de-orbit my spent stages when launching from Kerbin, and had postulated that maybe a slower burning CL-20 fueled separatron could perhaps do it. The stock versions don't seem to provide enough Delta V to do it unless I cover the whole thing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.

Another thing about the Hydrogen Converter part, I'm still getting massive power usage with it active. I'm fairly certain it could be on my end with improper construction techniques. I mainly use the part with vessels built in the Space Plane Hangar. I have included screenshots documenting my issues via an Imgur album. Please take the time to review them and comment on whether I'm just an idiot with the design/use or if there's an actual problem.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Decided to include my mod list, so far it's: Active Texture Management, Firespitter, Chatterer, KWRocketry, Mechjeb (latest dev build, but the problem was occurring on the latest stable build (2.4.0) as well), Procedural Wings (added three days ago, assumed unrelated), Regolith which I assume was added by another mod, and most recently KSPRowsdower's Alcubierre Warp Drive. Those are all the mods I can identify.

Edited by kendu72
Included installed mods

I am really enjoying the added availability of Tweakscale in with the mod, along with pretty much everything else about the whole thing. I had wondered if a CL-20 separatron was out of the question for future versions. The reason I ask is I, personally, like to try and de-orbit my spent stages when launching from Kerbin, and had postulated that maybe a slower burning CL-20 fueled separatron could perhaps do it. The stock versions don't seem to provide enough Delta V to do it unless I cover the whole thing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know.

Another thing about the Hydrogen Converter part, I'm still getting massive power usage with it active. I'm fairly certain it could be on my end with improper construction techniques. I mainly use the part with vessels built in the Space Plane Hangar. I have included screenshots documenting my issues via an Imgur album. Please take the time to review them and comment on whether I'm just an idiot with the design/use or if there's an actual problem.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Decided to include my mod list, so far it's: Active Texture Management, Firespitter, Chatterer, KWRocketry, Mechjeb (latest dev build, but the problem was occurring on the latest stable build (2.4.0) as well), Procedural Wings (added three days ago, assumed unrelated), Regolith which I assume was added by another mod, and most recently KSPRowsdower's Alcubierre Warp Drive. Those are all the mods I can identify.

I had the idea for a CL-20 sepatron, too. But I didn't think anyone could find a use for it. Using as a de-orbiting thruster sounds good, though. Maybe I'll include it in the next release!

I might just need to test this system myself and probably re-balance the hydrogen converter. Right now I'm travelling to a friend for Thanksgiving, and I didn't bring my computer, so I won't be able to upload new versions or test my mod until Monday...

the first parachute scales wrong. I need it to the right size for I can start in career mode with the right size top unless you can add a different parachute altogether.

You mean the stock parachute? If so, then you need to go to the TweakScale thread since I have nothing to do with it. I don't see any real problem if you can just rescale it, though.

• 5 weeks later...
When will this modpack be updated for 0.90?

Last update was about a month ago, fixing the tech-tree... for 0.25

Yeah sorry about not updating... I'm pretty sure that this already works with 0.90, though. I'll think about getting to work on this after my Winter Break from school.

...can someone confirm that it works with tech tree integration in career mode?

I tested the tech tree with the latest versions of TechManager, ModuleManger, and Impossible Innovations and the tech tree seems to work just fine.

All the parts go into their appropriate editor categories.

The hydrogen converter is still using a massive number for ElectricCharge consumption. It also cannot convert deuterium back to hydrogen. Both these issues will be fixed in the next update, along with a severe nerfing of the hydrogen intake.

I also discovered in my testing that the hydrogen converter and hydrogen tank have wonky collision meshes, so they promptly fall though the ground unless they're supported by other parts. I guess PartCreator isn't the best way to go...

The ionized wing is working fine. I'm opening a poll on the top post about what to do with it in the future, though.

Hey guys! I just uploaded the next version of Impossible Innovations. Here are the changes:

0.8.5:

Added a CL-20 sepatron

All code recompliled for KSP v0.90

Fixed up the code for the hydrogen converter. There shouldn't be any more issues.

Nerfed hydrogen intake to 1/4 of its previous performance.

I planned to add new models for the hydrogen system, but I'm still working on that and probably won't be done anytime soon due to my lack of experience. Here's my progress so far (on the model, the texture is a placeholder made from scribbling on paint.net. Don't judge.):

UzIaPM6.png

trying to install this mod where dose the source file go?

The Source folder is a folder I'm required to include in the package. You don't need to worry about it, it is just the uncompiled version of the plugin. To install, find the GameData folder and merge it with the GameData folder in your KSP directory. Anything outside of the GameData folder in my mod can be ignored.

Thanks for updating the mod, and I'm really glad to see a separatron in there :).

Any chance of getting it back on the CKAN list, now that it's officially 0.90 compatible? I've noticed it's been missing since the update.

Edited by kendu72

Thanks for updating the mod, and I'm really glad to see a separatron in there :).

Any chance of getting it back on the CKAN list, now that it's officially 0.90 compatible? I've noticed it's been missing since the update.

I am also wondering why it is not updating on CKAN. It is now considered 0.90 compatible on KerbalStuff, so it should also be on CKAN. This usually fixes itself in a few hours.

--LATER--

I just realized why it isn't showing up! It is because TechManager isn't considered 0.90 compatible to CKAN (even though it is), and it is holding Impossible Innovations back because it is on the "dependencies" list of Impossible Innovations in the metadata. So in theory, it should fix itself once TechManager gets updated on KerbalStuff. For now, I can confirm that TechManager does in fact function in 0.90.

I am also wondering why it is not updating on CKAN. It is now considered 0.90 compatible on KerbalStuff, so it should also be on CKAN. This usually fixes itself in a few hours.

--LATER--

I just realized why it isn't showing up! It is because TechManager isn't considered 0.90 compatible to CKAN (even though it is), and it is holding Impossible Innovations back because it is on the "dependencies" list of Impossible Innovations in the metadata. So in theory, it should fix itself once TechManager gets updated on KerbalStuff. For now, I can confirm that TechManager does in fact function in 0.90.

Thanks for being on top of things, as always. CKAN integration isn't as important as a functional mod, and all the features I've tested thus far are very functional. Thanks again for your hard work.

Thanks for being on top of things, as always. CKAN integration isn't as important as a functional mod, and all the features I've tested thus far are very functional. Thanks again for your hard work.

Thanks for the kind words, it really makes my day to hear that. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.