[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

I could really use some feedback on an idea I had: I think that it would be beneficial to use the The Community Resource Pack. It would prevent clashes with other fusion mods, including KSPI. The reason I feel like I shouldn't do it is because I feel like Impossible Innovations's dependency list is starting to get a little long now... So tell me what you think! Would you like to see Impossible Innovations integrated into the community resource pack?

I do not think you should CRP.

The II pack has always - to me - been about allowing compeltely nuts and crazy builds that would be.. well... impossible if you apply even the smallest amount of pseudo-realism to the simulation.

I prefer it as is

I do not think you should CRP.

The II pack has always - to me - been about allowing compeltely nuts and crazy builds that would be.. well... impossible if you apply even the smallest amount of pseudo-realism to the simulation.

I prefer it as is

Good to know, thanks for the feedback.

Hello everyone , first I want to say I love this mod because it is easy to make interplanetary travel more easily , but in version 0.90 of this kerbal lifetime giving a nant error ?, as if my ship estrapolou the maximum weight and shows a number huge mass , do not know why this error , I have to take and replace propulssor of deuderium to get off . , someone has gone through this problem? already took all the other mods and left only impossible inovations just yet the error persists , anyone who can help thank you , sorry my bad english , but I am Brazilian and I used translator.

Hello everyone , first I want to say I love this mod because it is easy to make interplanetary travel more easily , but in version 0.90 of this kerbal lifetime giving a nant error ?, as if my ship estrapolou the maximum weight and shows a number huge mass , do not know why this error , I have to take and replace propulssor of deuderium to get off . , someone has gone through this problem? already took all the other mods and left only impossible inovations just yet the error persists , anyone who can help thank you , sorry my bad english , but I am Brazilian and I used translator.

This is an interesting problem, I don't know what would cause it. If the problem still persists after you try Impossible Innovations on a completely fresh KSP installation, then I would like to take a look at your log file. I might be able to help you more with that information.

I have seen this pop up when using II with Tweakscale. Seems that the counter in game does not properly take into effect the weight properly. It will throw a "Not a Number" and then makes the weight something absolutely absurd so that you cannot use the runway. When I run into that, I remove the part and grab it again and place it then it is fine.

By the way, I know I said it before, but it needs to be said again, fantastic mod. This mod has been with me a while. I love the glowing blue on the tanks. Some people say it's overpowered, but no, it makes you think about building crafts in a bigger and better way. All my biggest craft, hovercrafts and satellites use II. This is one of my "essential" mods when I play.

I have seen this pop up when using II with Tweakscale. Seems that the counter in game does not properly take into effect the weight properly. It will throw a "Not a Number" and then makes the weight something absolutely absurd so that you cannot use the runway. When I run into that, I remove the part and grab it again and place it then it is fine.

By the way, I know I said it before, but it needs to be said again, fantastic mod. This mod has been with me a while. I love the glowing blue on the tanks. Some people say it's overpowered, but no, it makes you think about building crafts in a bigger and better way. All my biggest craft, hovercrafts and satellites use II. This is one of my "essential" mods when I play.

Well the only solution I can think of is to make sure your TweakScale version is up-to-date. Seeing as Impossible Innovations is just a parts pack, I don't see how that problem could happen.

Thanks for the feedback on what you think about this mod! I about to go down the path of realism for the future development of this, but now I can see that the community likes it the way it is.

this is exactly what I do to solve the problem , at least temporarily, retreat the piece , propellant and the recoloco , or discard and put another equal and the error disappears , only often after a flight if I mecho the ship back the error al have to sometimes take all drives of deuterium and recolocalos for the error go away , but I still insist on using the mod as this is spectacular, I love very much this mod and I congratulate the author Jandcando , this incredible creation , I am anxious for his update , try to remove Tweakscale and post the results.

jandcando

follows the log file, thanks for listening .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m6guai8stx8bmjo/KSP.log?dl=0

I see the part where you tired to get it to launch 5 times, but the mass was too high and I see the part where you deleted all the engines and re-added them, but I don't know why this is happening... Now I have more questions:

Do you have to deal with this problem every time you launch the craft?

Is the mass on the part info window high?

Are the parts that cause the issue rescaled?

Do you have the latest version of TweakScale installed?

The only advice I can give right now is make sure that TweakScale is the right version. I know TweakScale comes with Impossible Innovations, but that version might be outdated now.

ok I will try passsar you the maximum of possible information so that you can help me and help others in the future ,

just now started the game and when I carried my ship already made ​​the error , as shown in the photo, note that the screen abeixo right on the symbol (i ) shows how nant and when I click lauch shows the error in the middle of the screen , and I just installed the newest version TweakScale use the mod manager to install my mods but I acresentar I tried without it and tried only urge impossible inovations only, also following screen with my mods folder gamedata and hope it helps you discover what may be , else this error only appeared in version 0.90 , up 0.25 never wxO9npqUO2Y9aAUO2Y9aAwxO9npq.jpg?1wxO9npq.jpg?1

gave these errors, always used it impossible inovatiosn from birth and never errors occurred as well

image1

image2

ALpXf5t

ok I will try passsar you the maximum of possible information so that you can help me and help others in the future ,

just now started the game and when I carried my ship already made ​​the error , as shown in the photo, note that the screen abeixo right on the symbol (i ) shows how nant and when I click lauch shows the error in the middle of the screen , and I just installed the newest version TweakScale use the mod manager to install my mods but I acresentar I tried without it and tried only urge impossible inovations only, also following screen with my mods folder gamedata and hope it helps you discover what may be , else this error only appeared in version 0.90 , up 0.25 never http://imgur.com/wxO9npqhttp://imgur.com/UO2Y9aAhttp://imgur.com/UO2Y9aAhttp://i.imgur.com/wxO9npq.jpg?1http://i.imgur.com/wxO9npq.jpg?1

gave these errors, always used it impossible inovatiosn from birth and never errors occurred as well

image1

image2

http://imgur.com/ALpXf5t

The mass of that ship is NaN (not a number)? That means something tried to divide by 0 in the mathematics. I have a theory of what this problem is now. Did you use any struts from Impossible Innovations in that ship?

I found this by searching KSP NaNt. Which may good in a way bc it led me to this mod. Anyway im getting this error also and it looks like the same mass number im receiving. Im using tweakscale with this on a few parts. I down graded my mods to simplify builds and make them more to modern day. So im running TS,Space X, and LionHeads Rover. So its not only evolving this mod is what im trying to say.

I found this by searching KSP NaNt. Which may good in a way bc it led me to this mod. Anyway im getting this error also and it looks like the same mass number im receiving. Im using tweakscale with this on a few parts. I down graded my mods to simplify builds and make them more to modern day. So im running TS,Space X, and LionHeads Rover. So its not only evolving this mod is what im trying to say.

In that case, this issue might very well be a problem with TweakScale. I suggest going over to that thread and bringing it up and seeing if anyone can help, or opening up an issue on the TweakScale Github page.

In that case, this issue might very well be a problem with TweakScale. I suggest going over to that thread and bringing it up and seeing if anyone can help, or opening up an issue on the TweakScale Github page.

Yeah there seem to be several issues with TS and sadly the creator has RL going. I think he said it would not be updated anytime soon. Its one of those mods that squad should add to the game anyway IMO

Several people mentioned the temp fix, you just have to find the part that causes the error. Delete it and then it will work. Its a weird error to get

• 2 months later...

Hey, cool mod.

I think the ionized wing is great for a huge SST cargo plane I made. Sadly, it keeps sucking all the electricity even when I'm on the ground, not moving. How do I shut it off when I'm on the ground, then turn it on again when I want to fly? Doesn't appear I can create an action group, or right click it.

Cheers,

-BS

Hey, cool mod.

I think the ionized wing is great for a huge SST cargo plane I made. Sadly, it keeps sucking all the electricity even when I'm on the ground, not moving. How do I shut it off when I'm on the ground, then turn it on again when I want to fly? Doesn't appear I can create an action group, or right click it.

Cheers,

-BS

Normally, I would include a toggle button for this. But I can't find a programming way to disable a wing's lift other than making it explode, so the only way to make it stop sucking up electricCharge is to destroy it. If you want, I can make it so that the faster you are moving through the air, the more electric charge it uses. This way, planes on the ground won't use any electricCharge. How does that sound? It is a quick-fix, but it is all I know how to do right now because I'm not a very experienced coder. I'll try to throw this feature in along with the KSP v1.0 release patch.

That sounds like the most plausible fix. You would likely have to reference the original lift module and include a toggle for the entire function in order to make lift a togglable function. If, however, power drain is supposed to be a part of it then scaling power drain with speed is a good answer. However, to keep the power from draining when moving slowly over the ground, I would set the minimum speed for power drain to start only when a certain speed is attained, whatever that speed is which allows the wings to start generating lift. Otherwise, a plane on the taxiway making it's way from the hangar to the runway will be draining power because it's moving.

That sounds like the most plausible fix. You would likely have to reference the original lift module and include a toggle for the entire function in order to make lift a togglable function. If, however, power drain is supposed to be a part of it then scaling power drain with speed is a good answer. However, to keep the power from draining when moving slowly over the ground, I would set the minimum speed for power drain to start only when a certain speed is attained, whatever that speed is which allows the wings to start generating lift. Otherwise, a plane on the taxiway making it's way from the hangar to the runway will be draining power because it's moving.

That's a good thought, I'll set the minimum speed for power drain at 50 m/s. But I probably shouldn't get too ahead of myself here with KSP 1.0 coming out tomorrow to wreck the current aerodynamic system.

Cool. 50m/s seems like a good threshold. Also, can we stop them from exploding? I was kinda sad when I ran out of juice and my big cargo plane no longer had the 4 ionized wings I had attached. Sure, it got off the ground with what it had, but promptly did an inescapable nosedive at about 4000m. Although then, unless you added a way to drastically reduce the lift when it did run out of juice, I suppose that would defeat that part of the plan. The ideal way to do things would be to have it not suck any electricity until 50m/s, but either below that speed, or when it runs out of electricity above that speed, to reduce the lift to something like 2, which is about in line with non-ionized wings.

Also, looking back at the problems with TweakScale and NaN, I can usually get around that by trashing the part in question when it happens, and re-adding it. Perhaps repeating more than once. It seems to happen almost always for me with engines. It's good to keep an eye on the total vessel weight with MechJeb, as you're building, to see when it shows up.

Cheers,

-BS

My plan is to reduce lift to something lower than a delta wing when there is no electricity (instead of exploding), and I just found a way to accomplish this. But since 1.0 is coming, I will wait to see the changes to the aerodynamic system before moving forward.

The update is coming, but progress is slow. I'll be adding many new things that I think you guys might like. Here is the current (very tentative) list of things I'm going to be working on:

• add an intakeAir tank for SSTOs
  • fix ion wing electricCharge consumption (speed model)
  • update ion wing new model
  • balance out all the prices
  • GitHub wiki
  • use intakeAir to refine into H2 -> refine to Deuterium or Tritium
  • 1.0-ize all parts (heat capacity parameters and whatnot)
  • use 1.0 system of resource mining and refining
  • add custom categories

I cannot guarantee that everything listed will make it, but I can tell you that I am making good progress on a VAB filter system for II parts. I still have lots to learn, though.

I also plan to add an ION wing counterpart for every basic stock wing. (no canards and shiz for ion wings), just as requested on the poll.

This will all take time because I'm pretty busy as the high school year begins to wrap up, but I'll work on this whenever I can.

Edited by jandcando

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.