[1.2] Impossible Innovations 0.8.7.6

jandcando

JandCando,

Let me start off by thanking you from the bottom of my heart for this amazing mod.

Impossible Innovations has allowed me to enjoy hundreds of hours of pleasure.  I have used your fusion engines, and other parts, on rockets, SSTO's, landers and an orbital construction bot.

I was wondering, hoping, praying, that once Squad releases the next update of KSP, which seems imminent, you will update Impossible Innovations.

I realize that a great deal of unpaid time and effort on your part will be required, but I wanted you to know that I am one of what I am sure is a large fanbase, who will be grateful beyond belief.

Hope the answer is yes.

MM

Edited by Mike Mars

On 2/7/2016 at 0:18 PM, Mike Mars said:

JandCando,

Let me start off by thanking you from the bottom of my heart for this amazing mod.

Impossible Innovations has allowed me to enjoy hundreds of hours of pleasure.  I have used your fusion engines, and other parts, on rockets, SSTO's, landers and an orbital construction bot.

I was wondering, hoping, praying, that once Squad releases the next update of KSP, which seems imminent, you will update Impossible Innovations.

I realize that a great deal of unpaid time and effort on your part will be required, but I wanted you to know that I am one of what I am sure is a large fanbase, who will be grateful beyond belief.

Hope the answer is yes.

MM

Wow that means a lot to me, thank you!

Although I don't do much work on the mod anymore, I feel like the least I could do is keep it updated so people can still you know... use it. So don't worry. Expect an update within the first week of the new KSP release.

• 4 weeks later...

Recompiled to 1.0.5! I know it is super late, and that 1.1 is coming soon, but I say better late than never. Besides, this will make the transition to 1.1 easier. The recompile to 1.1 will be much more prompt than this, I promise!

In addition, there have been some changes to the behavior of the Ion Wings. They now have action groups and an in-flight toggle button! Also, they will no longer rapidly switch on and off when electricCharge runs out. Now, they shut off entirely until you manually re-activate them.

You guys are all awesome for liking my "meh" mod! Thank you! I hope I can start making new, cool stuff down the road.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a quick update on my progress toward updating for KSP v1.1. Allow me to copy/paste a block of text that I sent in reply to one of you guys asking about it:

"Thanks to the 1.1 preleases, my mod is about halfway there to being updated right now. The only thing in the way is making new part models for certain parts that 1.1 broke. While I can't give an ETA on full 1.1 compatibility, I can point you to Impossible Innovations' GitHub page, where the project currently works with 1.1. You just need to install the dependencies separately and avoid using the hydrogen tanks/ converters. They will both fall through the ground, as they have no colliders (1.1 broke them). I'm working on new models for these parts, and when that's done I can update the mod."

I am currently working on the new model for the hydrogen isotope converter. Here is my rough sketch: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-NwmbohginYalZjbUtDQU4tWFk/view?usp=sharing

I'm really wrestling with Blender at the moment, so it took about an hour of work to get this far: VAf543b.png

Progress is going to be slow-going for a while since real life is getting in the way, as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello jandcando,I just joined the forums to say thanks for your work on this mod.

I do enjoy creating rockets and spaceplanes with the parts provided and other mods, but with yours I can create on a whole different scale.

Thanks again for your good work. 

I'll be waiting for when the new version comes up.

Hello Jandicando , how are you .. sorry for the inconvenience but again rsrrsrs and around like this the progress of the mod , so pra vc know not to play because nce to wait update your mod as without it no fun to play so their engines me they give the ability to go further. sorry my bad English but how you know I'm from Brazil and I am super fan her when out a new update kerbal 'm always in expectation if you will update the mod , and now my ship is in so Anguar waiting for the parts arrive .. .. ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

:kiss:

On 5/2/2016 at 0:51 PM, lvalkyrie said:

Hello jandcando,I just joined the forums to say thanks for your work on this mod.

I do enjoy creating rockets and spaceplanes with the parts provided and other mods, but with yours I can create on a whole different scale.

Thanks again for your good work. 

I'll be waiting for when the new version comes up.

3 hours ago, rbrgames said:

Hello Jandicando , how are you .. sorry for the inconvenience but again rsrrsrs and around like this the progress of the mod , so pra vc know not to play because nce to wait update your mod as without it no fun to play so their engines me they give the ability to go further. sorry my bad English but how you know I'm from Brazil and I am super fan her when out a new update kerbal 'm always in expectation if you will update the mod , and now my ship is in so Anguar waiting for the parts arrive .. .. ^_^

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents

:kiss:

I'd love to work on Impossible Innovations, but life is a bit crazy right now. ...This whole month is going to be super busy now that I think about it. I'm trying not to spread myself too thin, but it is really hard. Development will have to slow down for now until I get my life together, then I'll get back to work. Thanks for the support, everyone. It means a lot to me that you guys like my mod so much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, rbrgames said:

abandoned project?:(

I should probably be honest with you guys (and myself) right now... I kind of lost my passion for this mod. You guys have been great and you seem to like my work, but I can't find the motivation to keep going. I thought I would be able to make 3D models and get the mod ready for 1.1.2, but I discovered something about myself: I really hate making 3D models. I like using parametric design tools, but I find that things like Blender and Wings3D are just so much hassle. I had a fun time with the coding, though.

Anyone who wants to become the new "owner" of Impossible Innovations is welcome to PM me. My vision for this mod is a dumbed-down version of those radioactive/fusion engines like the ones in KSP Insterstellar. Stuff that is really powerful, but not as grossly overpowered as it is now... Of course, I do notice that the grossly overpowered are something that people really like, so I think those could stick around for use in sandbox mode. They are pretty fun to mess around with, after all. 

You guys have been great, but I think it is time for me to move on to other things. I hope you understand because I do feel pretty bad about this. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Jandcando,

I understand how you feel.  Sometimes it is time to move on.

May I make a suggestion.

How about a simplified mod.  To me, the engines are the most important part of this mod.  I can live without the other stuff.

Would it be possible to just update the engines?

If not, I understand and wish you the best.

Thank you again for your past efforts.

MM

14 hours ago, rbrgames said:

I support the idea of Mike Mars If you atualizace at least the engines already I would be very happy .

By actualize, do you mean give the engines "realistic" thrust and Isp values?

this same extatamente as they are as Mike said as how they already are perfect , the problem is to use impossible Innovations 0.74 in INTAL Monthly Newsletter of ksp 1.1.2 cause crashes terrible when the ship explodes on the ground friend you have no idea how much your mod it is important for all playing ksp if you do this for us , believe we will be very happy and grateful , :kiss:

as I said before until it is possible to use the INTAL Monthly Newsletter 8.7.4 in kerbal 1.1.2 but it seems that because of the impossible innovations be done to kerbal 1.0.5 and this being done in Unity 4.6.4 and 1.1.2 be kerbal 5.0 when the ship crashes and parts of impossible innovations are broken , I plumb with a gtx 980 ti , the game crashes immensely until all parts of your mod are broken completely, think it's "just " convert to the new engine and when I say just say no idea of when work can give , so I ask you why , because you only creator that will achieve this .

Today, I feel sad. I read all the posts on the last page, and....well.... I'll miss this mod. Sure, its cheating... really cheating, but so what.

This mod was a god send for those that cannot have massive ships flying through space, because it means some of us are going no further than Minmus, at least, no further with manned missions. In my opinion, this mod is essential in those cases to make the game playable.

I hope someone takes over, OR... at the very least, if you put out a version for 1.1.3 then I'd happily donate some money to you if you put up a link for it.

Thanks for the awesome fun you allowed me to have with your mod, you are a legend to me, and your name will forever be mentioned in the corridors of the Kerbal Space Complex.

:(

• 1 month later...

good hello night , I wanted to again thank you for the great job and have given continuity to this wonderful mod , and so to report , that when the ship explore the ground , the game gets to hang with the explosion of each piece that composes the mod impossible inovations , fis the test to leave only one piece and found that this happens with converssores of hydrogen to deuterium and tritium ...

This update is a fraud ? all the problems of INTAL Monthly Newsletter 1.0.5 are present in this INTAL Monthly Newsletter ! such as not click with the right mouse button in converters or hydrogen tanks , the game crashes every explosion of parts.

honestly the only mod that made me play kuerbal was this but the way this wonderful mod not won an update the height of its importance , very sad, sniifff

13 hours ago, rbrgames said:

This update is a fraud ? all the problems of INTAL Monthly Newsletter 1.0.5 are present in this INTAL Monthly Newsletter ! such as not click with the right mouse button in converters or hydrogen tanks , the game crashes every explosion of parts.

honestly the only mod that made me play kuerbal was this but the way this wonderful mod not won an update the height of its importance , very sad, sniifff

Which website are you downloading the game from? Curse is not approving my update because of thumbs.db files that I can't find, so I am no longer distributing Impossible Innovations on Curse.

4 hours ago, jandcando said:

Which website are you downloading the game from? Curse is not approving my update because of thumbs.db files that I can't find, so I am no longer distributing Impossible Innovations on Curse.

Yeah, there are Thumbs.db files through-out most of the parts folders, at least in your 0.8.7.5 release... They will be in any folder that contains any type of image file (ie jpg, png, tga, dds, etc)

Its a wonderful function (read: dripping sarcasm) of Windows, to create a database of thumbnails, for ANY type of image files, and save it right in the same folder as the images... It supposedly makes loading of image thumbnails quicker, in Windows Explorer... The problem is, it can create hundreds, or even thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of these files, which only Windows OS uses...

Unfortunately, I see LOTS of mods being distributed with these files present in the packaging... Best thing is to use Windows Search, on your /GameData folder, and delete ALL instances of Thumbs.db that show up... BEFORE packaging (zipping) up the mod, and uploading it to a host...

Its usually just a minor inconvenience, (except for users with OCD :D ), and now it seems for Curse, if they wont accept a package containing a Thumbs.db...??

Edited by Stone Blue

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

Yeah, there are Thumbs.db files through-out most of the parts folders, at least in your 0.8.7.5 release...

Its a wonderful function (read: dripping sarcasm) of Windows, to create a database of thumbnails, for ANY type of image files, and save it right in the same folder as the images... It supposedly makes loading of image thumbnails quicker, in Windows Explorer... The problem is, it can create hundreds, or even thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of these files, which only Windows OS uses...

Unfortunately, I see LOTS of mods being distributed with these files present in the packaging... Best thing is to use Windows Search, on your /GameData folder, and delete ALL instances of Thumbs.db that show up... BEFORE packaging (zipping) up the mod, and uploading it to a host...

Its usually just a minor inconvenience, (except for users with OCD :D ), and now it seems for Curse, if they wont accept a package containing a Thumbs.db...??

Yeah, Curse rejects all mods with any Thumbs.db files. That's fine, so I decided to make another .zip distribution of my mod just for Curse where I went through every single folder and subfolder, deleting many Thumbs.db files as I went. Curse rejected that .zip too, so I thought, "Hey, GitHub seems to remove Thumbs.db files on its own since whenever I download from GitHub, I don't see any Thumbs.db's!" So I downloaded my mod from Github and tried passing it to Curse, but it was still rejected. At this point, I've pretty much given up. I didn't really like Curse to begin with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.