Portable Rover Components. New project from ASET. (up 29/07/14)

alexustas

I'm sure the assembly instructions will include a tin full of string, a harmonica, a goat, and someone to stand off to the side gesturing wildly as to why you brought a goat along on a lunar expedition. The harmonica is for keeping the goat entertained.

Wow, I don't think I could have put it any better than that..

As for why you might take a goat with you on an off-world expedition... the reason is simple. Why not? Eventually we'll want to colonize the worlds around us, and that means we're going to need livestock eventually. Goats are a form of livestock, so we must find out of they will explode when leading the atmosphere or not.

What... you didn't think we'd waste a space suit on a goat did you? What madness is this!?

The whole of China in a box?!

Seriously though, it looks great!

Edit: Is this still in development or are you waiting on a new KAS release? Because some of us do have the .23.5 version of KAS working on 32-bit .24.

Edited by Boomerang

I think this could use some kind of car jack to make the wheel deployment less...wobbly-springy?

Assemblig a rover on the KAS ground pylon works perfectly for that.

Wow. This looks nice. Any chance of an LRV-style high-gain antenna and a KAS box (for carrying instruments and the like) to mount at the rear? This little rover really looks great.

I know this is a KAS problem but you can't take anything out of the containers. Just an fyi KAS isn't really fixed yet and although a patch has been made for 64bit the containers are still an issue for no 64bit.

I know this is a KAS problem but you can't take anything out of the containers. Just an fyi KAS isn't really fixed yet and although a patch has been made for 64bit the containers are still an issue for no 64bit.

I can't speak to x64 as it (with more than a couple mods) is unusable for me, to much disappointment. However, on x86, KAS is working for grab, drop, store, attach and take - for me as of last night. In these uncertain times, mileage is certain to vary, however.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.