Portable Rover Components. New project from ASET. (up 29/07/14)

alexustas

That's my bad the ~ at the end of a file is a file that, I have trashed and don't see unless, I zip the folder and look in it will try and watch for that and, I took the patch out and just change the Module in the file so it use the stock ModuleAnimateGeneric and you don't have to use the node on the seat but will look at the nodes and see about adding some more.

I have great troubles adapting my mod for KSP1.0.2 and for KAS and KIS.

with KIS plugin rover's parts began to fall down through the ground and immediately exploding. :( I can not even begin to assemble the rover...

Although MeCripp's correction configs looks quite working.

But the KAS plug has not been officially updated for KSP 1.0.2 yet.

well, I need more time to deal with all these problems.

I would be glad of any help

I have great troubles adapting my mod for KSP1.0.2 and for KAS and KIS.

with KIS plugin rover's parts began to fall down through the ground and immediately exploding. :( I can not even begin to assemble the rover...

Although MeCripp's correction configs looks quite working.

But the KAS plug has not been officially updated for KSP 1.0.2 yet.

well, I need more time to deal with all these problems.

I would be glad of any help

The parts falling through ground problem, despite KAS never having this problem, is a KSP issue. Best thing to do is to drop the PRC platform onto the Kerbal's head.

@ alexustas the KRoverPlatform for me has to lay on the ground upside down and then, I deploy it and when it's done, I grab it and turn it over and start building it and there is 1 more way, I can write it that, I seen will write a second patch and post it and you can take a look.

@ Deltac I wrote a MM to add a second Platform with the seat note moved and added a second top node but having trouble use KIS attach on it, I end up losing a wheel node then will keep testing it might just move the top node and skip the second node you can still use KIS to attach things on it Platform.

Parts most definitely can explode with KAS. I must've reloaded a half dozen times when first building a PackRat because of it! Terrain, gravity, and KSC objects may have some influence on the probability of explosions, but I quickly came to practice always attaching parts to something rather than dropping them.

• 2 weeks later...

You know how to use KIS ? you have to have the drill looking thing equip he calls it a electricScrewdriver deploy the body then grab a wheel or what ever and mouse over the rover body the nodes turn a off blue green color then for me it's the X key but don't know how you have your keys set.

Is there any changes to the .24 download to make it work for 1.0.2?

So i got everything to work but I do see the issue with exploding parts. i cant attach the seat or use the screwdriver without explosions on the runway. any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

It can explode yes, but only if you build it on the ground. Place a ground pylon and build on top of that.

Its hacky yes but to be frank its easier to build on a pylon anyway. Even when we didn't have the potential for explosion it was still hard to build this without issues.

• 2 weeks later...
It can explode yes' date=' but only if you build it on the ground. Place a ground pylon and build on top of that.

Its hacky yes but to be frank its easier to build on a pylon anyway. Even when we didn't have the potential for explosion it was still hard to build this without issues.[/quote']

ok ok ok... yes it does work but it's unblanaced and once you heat up the parts they don't cool down...

also the animations rain hell on your FPS so all in all just don't use it.

try "pack rat" instead. same idea but different parts and stuff. mod done by rover dude.

• 3 weeks later...
i am unable to use this mod. I have KAS/KIS and Animator. None of the parts show up in the parts list

Did you install the mod in the OP along with these new cfg files?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/ASET.zip

Sounds like you just installed the updated cfg's without the .mu files and texture files in the main mod.

with the updated cfg files you nolonger need advanced animator. If it's still not working just holler.

edit

I believe the wheel / torque settings are all over the place. (it flips really easy) I have a tweaked version at home that worked in 1.0.2 for sure if you need additional help.

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.