The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Well this sucks. After naming the update, I would of liked to play it. But now I'm out of town, if it released yesterday I could of checked it out before I left. Now I'm suck with out .24 for a week.

I guess that's just how things work out, darn darn darn, the hype train left me at the last station :'(

Barely got my hands on my copy... phew! I think I might have been first to download!

Please! Describe it to me. It must be so divine...

Scratch that. I got it! And it is b-e-a-u-tiful! :D

Edited by HatBat

They definitely were :)

A full changelog is in the first post of this thread

Oh, darn, I thought Scott Manley said everything about the update in his videos, so I just assumed it would say the same stuff I heard, but nope. :D

For anyone else (like me) who was too stupid to figure out Contract completion criteria for parts tests, read the Note "to perform the test, ACTIVATE THE PART THROUGH STAGING, when all the conditions are met". ahhhhh....

Aaargh, stupid Chrome... after a 30 minute download it comes up with "this file is not commonly downloaded and may be dangerous"... I clicked to "discard" the message, but instead it deleted my download. Back to square one... :(

Squad only provide torrents for the demo, it's not secure enough for the release, sorry.

Yep, it's safer that way, you never know with torrents. But you gotta admit, their servers always have a meltdown in these updating times.

Like in the movies about Christmas sales, when people are on the glass waiting for the store to open, and when it finally does the customers tare down the store. :D

Small problem now with Orbiting 101 tutorial.

The space craft in that tutorial uses Radial engine bodies, since these are now fuel tanks, the fuel logic means that they can no longer draw liquid fuel from the central tank(unless you stop the flow through them)

engines now flame-out before you finish the first maneuver.

So I admit that I've only spent about a half hour with the new update so far, and whilst I haven't dug into the deeper contract yet of course I do have a less than stellar impression of the early stages. Currently I have only done two launches yet my finance has already increased sevenfold. I'm getting the feeling that it may soon lead to endlessly increasing these numbers in a meaningless way since it appears managing my cash flow or reputation may not even be on the priority list. I hope I'm wrong but I've hardly touched it and I'm well on my way to 100k already!

The challenges themselves add a new depth however and it's fun to have meaning to my launches, however finance has already raised an eyebrow that I will be keeping track of to see how easily money can be gained.

024_inc.png

modstatus.png

This will be interesting. Kethane is supposedly broken, but Kerbin has a kethane map all over it. Too bad for the Procedural Parts mod. It was quite important to me.

Well, as long as that ugly skybox is still replaced with a moded one, it'd ok. Now to check more stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.