The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

Awesome!! Thanks Squad (again!)

Just done the fist few contracts, trying things out pure stock atm. Gonna try out 64bit now and roll around in a big ol pile of mods!!

Only issues I've noticed so far;

- I'm finding it much harder to right click on things (command pods, EVA kerbals) and even closing menus (by right clicking elsewhere) is being a bit unresponsive. (I'm also not a massive fan of the new menu font.)

- Some texture flickering while I was deorbiting

Anyone else noticed these?

change co.uk to .com and it should work

Nope, get an error page.

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11
Invalid Token

this one.

[edit:] My GF just asked why I wasn't playing yet, I said, the download just sends me to a white page. I clicked the link again to prove it, and it worked. Yay. :)

Edited by AlexanderB

Nope, get an error page.

-snip-

this one.

You have to be quick when changing it. When you click 'download' a token is generated, but is time-limited, so you need to be quick when changing it. At least, that's what I can gather.

The download has cancelled itself twice now, once about 40 seconds before it was complete.

Getting Line 9 and 11 errors now.

This is absolute [CENSORED]. If KSP can't figure out a better way to distribute the game, I am seriously considering not playing anymore. Keep in mind, as a YouTuber, one of the most important things to do is to deliver the new updates as soon as possible, and KSP won't let me do it. This is unacceptable.

There is literally no game out there of this popularity, with this poor of a distribution method. It is error-ridden. It is extremely slow. It is poorly thought out and poorly executed. If I can't download a game after trying for three hours, I stop caring about how good the game is. I want to leave the game behind and never play it again.

This is my last post for tonight on the forums. If I can't download KSP tomorrow, I probably will just stick with 0.23.5 until the next update. At least I could download that version okay.

Goodbye.

there is a way better than the launcher, it's called steam. Also, they don't owe you a good service because you're a youtuber, considering not playing anymore because the servers are overloaded due to a really high traffic (which is basically normal at this point in most digital launches that use they own download service, at least this one also allows you to use steam) is very childish of you.

there is a way better than the launcher, it's called steam. Also, they don't owe you a good service because you're a youtuber, considering not playing anymore because the servers are overloaded due to a really high traffic (which is basically normal at this point in most digital launches that use they own download service, at least this one also allows you to use steam) is very childish of you.

Giving up on my no-post rule.

I'm not using Steam because a Steam account I started long ago was unreliable, though not nearly as much so as KSP currently is. I may have to go back to Steam just for KSP, though my computer is slow enough without additional items running.

I know that KSP doesn't owe me good service because of anything I do, but it should offer better service to everyone. This kind of tomfoolery is deterring me, and I've played KSP since 0.14! It will certainly deter newcomers, even more so.

I'm considering sticking with 0.23.5 because the version was remarkably bug-free. From what I'm hearing, 0.24's bugs won't outweigh the new parts that it offers, and I mostly play KSP in sandbox anyway. Thus, there's not as much of a point as the devs would have you think, for me at least. (For me, versions 0.15-0.19 crashed regularly during gameplay, and I'm worried that 0.24 will do the same, making it impossible for me to do anything on it anyway.)

That being said, I'm still deleting the post in question.

The download has cancelled itself twice now, once about 40 seconds before it was complete.

Getting Line 9 and 11 errors now.

This is absolute [CENSORED]. If KSP can't figure out a better way to distribute the game, I am seriously considering not playing anymore. Keep in mind, as a YouTuber, one of the most important things to do is to deliver the new updates as soon as possible, and KSP won't let me do it. This is unacceptable.

There is literally no game out there of this popularity, with this poor of a distribution method. It is error-ridden. It is extremely slow. It is poorly thought out and poorly executed. If I can't download a game after trying for three hours, I stop caring about how good the game is. I want to leave the game behind and never play it again.

This is my last post for tonight on the forums. If I can't download KSP tomorrow, I probably will just stick with 0.23.5 until the next update. At least I could download that version okay.

Goodbye.

Big ego much? So what you put videos on youtube, you still have to wait for the servers to not be insanely overloaded like everyone else..This happened during the 0.23, 0.22, 0.21, etc updates, if you were a real fan you would have known that, and been patient with the fact that they don't go through other sites(excepting steam, which autoupdates btw), instead of thinking that you had some kind of right to demand better for yourself than what has been expected every single update. Must not be that popular either, I've never heard of you before, and seeing as how I don't have cable, I watch a LOT of youtube.

Well crap. Figured it was just my game not wanting to update due to mods, so I uninstalled KSP to try again and now:

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11

Invalid Token

Sooo... cant even play the old version of the game now lol. Word of warning lol don't uninstall the game to get the update.

Big ego much? So what you put videos on youtube, you still have to wait for the servers to not be insanely overloaded like everyone else..This happened during the 0.23, 0.22, 0.21, etc updates, if you were a real fan you would have known that, and been patient with the fact that they don't go through other sites(excepting steam, which autoupdates btw), instead of thinking that you had some kind of right to demand better for yourself than what has been expected every single update. Must not be that popular either, I've never heard of you before, and seeing as how I don't have cable, I watch a LOT of youtube.

hehe, gonna assume you didn't mean to say my name in your post there as I'm on your side of this issue

Remember how happy the hype thread was? Let's keep it that way. It's still a great day.

If you're having any problems downloading the game right now, please be patient. Servers are getting slammed. You will get it in time. If you have any errors in installing/uninstalling it, please take that to the support subforum.

For those of you who think it's unreasonable that the KSP servers can't handle the load, keep in mind that "web scale" is literally the worst possible scenario for developers. You have to be able to serve large amounts of data to a large number of people spread out over a large area, all at the same time.

The people who do this well manage it by powering server farms with dumptrucks of flaming money, to steal a joke from Futurama. KSP is built by a small team that doesn't have millions of dollars to throw at the problem. Cut them a little slack.

Hype thread? I haven't been around much the past year or so. As for donwloading, I'm not even going near that server until tomorrow when the rush is done, and the fact my weekend starts then....I sense a distinct lack of sleep in my near future lol. I am not complaining about the downloading at all, it is something I expect when there is a new update, been playing since 0.15 and every time have had trouble getting it until a day or two later, but well worth the wait :).

I´m sorry, that some people still have problems with the download, but I have to be cruel and say:

I´m playing 0.24 for 2 hours now, and I am pretty impressed. Just finished my 5 th flight and first orbit. Congratulations Squad, you added a lot more depth into the game and IMO solved the early science grind. And I think I am fairly good at this game, but meeting the conditions for that one little test-contract is challanging.

-> I love it :)

Quick question...has anybody been able to update via the patcher? Mine keeps spitting out errors...

sync: read error: Connection reset by peer (104)

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/package/rsync-3.0.9-1/src/rsync-3.0.9/io.c(764) [Receiver=3.0.9]

rsync exited with code 12: Error in rsync protocol data stream

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.