The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

I'm curious though. If contract-issuing does become procedural in the future, will the random contract generator still create missions with specific windows such as this and that altitude, this and that speed, the ranges, before activation of the part? And if so, how does the procedural flow ensure that it will not give some crazy range values to test a part, to the point that the range is simply unattainable whatever combination you do?

I'm curious though. If contract-issuing does become procedural in the future, will the random contract generator still create missions with specific windows such as this and that altitude, this and that speed, the ranges, before activation of the part? And if so, how does the procedural flow ensure that it will not give some crazy range values to test a part, to the point that the range is simply unattainable whatever combination you do?

In the future?

If I see this correctly the prototype test contracts already are procedurally generated ... I, for example, at the moment have the contract to test out a small gear bay (with other words, a plane gear that is destined for atmospheric use) that I should test out on a suborbital trajectory outside of Kerbins atmosphere :D

In the future?

If I see this correctly the prototype test contracts already are procedurally generated ... I, for example, at the moment have the contract to test out a small gear bay (with other words, a plane gear that is destined for atmospheric use) that I should test out on a suborbital trajectory outside of Kerbins atmosphere :D

Oh, the evidence. Haha. Thanks for that. :) I guess it just adds to the wacky nature of KSP. Thanks again :D

just rescued Gildroy from orbit. he owes me his life and has graciously signed up under *the illusion of* his own free will to test all dangerous highly experimental craft from now on. good for him.

EDIT:

LOL, that´s interesting ...

it seems like your contracts enable you to get test models of parts, that you haven´t researched yet ...

these are available for you to use until the contract to which they are connected is fulfilled.

Afterwards they vanish (unless, of course, you have reearched the necessary node in the meantime)

oh thats quite deliberate. i believe you get a limited amount of those parts.

also, in the vab their button is shaded blueish

Edited by r4pt0r

Yea, looks like a bug.

I am not absolutely sure about it, could well be a feature ...

just think of a limited number of parts getting produced for testing purposes befoe they start a series production.

But I agree that it has great abuse potential (by players just not fulfilling the contract till they have researched the node ... and thereby being able to regularly use the part before its time)

Maybe it would be a good idea if squad introduces a limited number of test parts (like, 5 for example) which are consumed upon use in a spaceship and make the contract fail, if all test parts are consumed without any of them getting activated within the conditions specified in the contract.

EDIT:

oh thats quite deliberate. i believe you get a limited amount of those parts.

At the moment it doesn´t seem to be the case ... at least the contracts doesn´t sem to specify a limited number of parts

but (as posted above) I agree that they should have a limited number of parts to prevent abuse

At the moment it doesn´t seem to be the case ... at least the contracts doesn´t sem to specify a limited number of parts

but (as posted above) I agree that they should have a limited number of parts to prevent abuse

i thought i heard taht was teh plan in a .24 promo vid.

unresearched parts that you can use for a contract have blue shaded buttons in the vab.

I am not absolutely sure about it, could well be a feature ...

It'd make sense as a feature as long as you have only 2-3 technologies researched.

When you got 5+ it becomes impossible to remember names of parts that you discovered and where in a tech tree are these that link to the mission.

Maybe it would be a good idea if squad introduces a limited number of test parts (like, 5 for example) which are consumed upon use in a spaceship and make the contract fail, if all test parts are consumed without any of them getting activated within the conditions specified in the contract.

Would be good, though I'm afraid it might be too complex (time-taking) to be worthwhile.

hi !

(I was trying to read the whole entire thread, English not my first language)

-by option it's possible to play 0.24 like 0.23.5 without the money and contract thing, just science in career Mod ?

thk !

hi !

(I was trying to read the whole entire thread, English not my first language)

-by option it's possible to play 0.24 like 0.23.5 without the money and contract thing, just science in career Mod ?

thk !

Yes. It's called "Science" mode. It's on a start screen between Sandbox and Career.

At the risk of sounding like a grump, I am not greatly inspired by the idea of testing a decoupler.

So, has anyone seen any interesting contracts yet? Maybe kolonise Eeloo, or do a grand tour with only 20 parts, or complete the Whackjob challenge in 30 minutes. Things along those lines... :P

Anyone notice, the throttle starts out a little bit up.

this RE insertthreadnamehere Is annoying

Throttle used to do that in the old days. Not a big change, though there was a bit of hubbub about it in the Hypetrain thread.

I started a thread about the thread name title default, share your opinion here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.