The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

I did more testing, it turns out this only happens for crafts that have not 'launched' yet. I experienced it with crafts that I just had driving around KSC so they hadn't technically launched.

*sigh of relief* Thanks for the quick results :confused:

It's not a mouse over problem. I've re-created the delayed staging with the simpliest of Vanilla

Watch the stage light from the moment I fire the first stage.. It goes blank for a half second, then red, then green. The entire time I was mashing the spacebar.. It won't stage until it's green. This delay varies and can be in the seconds sometimes in later stages.

No audio. Shadowplay isn't recording audio for some reason and Fraps crashes 64Bit KSP

I've never really watched the light, it always worked for me with the exception of one or two times in the earlier versions.

Havent read this 40 pages threadnought, so forgive me if this was already posted, but... anyone else having trouble with some scientific transmissions back home not giving the full or any science at all, despite beeing supposed to?

Yes, I have mods running, but nothing major, just Kerbal Engineer, Precise Nodes and Enhanced Navball...

Thats with Win 64bit if that matters...

Havent read this 40 pages threadnought, so forgive me if this was already posted, but... anyone else having trouble with some scientific transmissions back home not giving the full or any science at all, despite beeing supposed to?

Yes, I have mods running, but nothing major, just Kerbal Engineer, Precise Nodes and Enhanced Navball...

Thats with Win 64bit if that matters...

Maybe some of your science experiments need to be "boosted" by the science lab to get the full amount? because sometimes transmitting won't give 100% science without using a science lab

I've noticed that adding parachutes to parts I decouple during launch in the atmosphere does nothing to save the parts. They just despawn and I can't recover them, this is a bit annoying considering I would like to save money. I understand that the game probably only does physics on things within a certain reach, and probably assumes debris to crash of the trajectory is aimed towards the ground. Would be nice to have some solution for this though. Otherwise I love the new update :)

I've noticed that adding parachutes to parts I decouple during launch in the atmosphere does nothing to save the parts. They just despawn and I can't recover them, this is a bit annoying considering I would like to save money. I understand that the game probably only does physics on things within a certain reach, and probably assumes debris to crash of the trajectory is aimed towards the ground. Would be nice to have some solution for this though. Otherwise I love the new update :)

There are mods for that.

Maybe some of your science experiments need to be "boosted" by the science lab to get the full amount? because sometimes transmitting won't give 100% science without using a science lab

No. As said, they were supposed to give 100% on transmit right away.

Discussion question:

Why did the Monopropellant engine get massively scaled up?

*snip*

IMO, it looked better at the smaller size, and made more sense, given its level of thrust.

This is something confirmed as needing to get fixed.

I found something while reading the change log a work today that makes me so happy. The ctrl+click feature is back!! I can't remember which version took it out but it was a few ago and I've missed it ever since. It's been improved too.

If you don't know what I'm babbling about, it's a small feature in the editors that allows you to ctrl+click on a part on your craft and it will take you to that part in the parts list. And now it also shows you the info about that the part which is nice.

I found something while reading the change log a work today that makes me so happy. The ctrl+click feature is back!! I can't remember which version took it out but it was a few ago and I've missed it ever since. It's been improved too.

If you don't know what I'm babbling about, it's a small feature in the editors that allows you to ctrl+click on a part on your craft and it will take you to that part in the parts list. And now it also shows you the info about that the part which is nice.

It's back? Awesome, I missed that feature so much.

Has no one noticed that the throttle goes to 50% when switching to vessels as well? Imagine the scenario: You land your craft on the Mun, switch to another vessel, and when you come back it will automatically throttle up and take off with out your input.

I personally think there was absolutely nothing wrong with leaving throttle at 0 on start. Why did they have to change it?

No, because it doesn't. I just tested (launched an SRB over 2.5 km from the KSC, switched to a craft on the launchpad, and switched back), and there was no throttle jump. It only moves the throttle to 50% if the craft is in the pre-launch state.

EDIT: Oh, I was on the wrong page; you'd already answered it :P

Ach. 64 bit is secretly evil. Have you ever seen what happens to a computer when 98% of the ram is in use? Bad things. I guess I should get rid of a few mods.

Still an amazing update.

You should add more RAM:P

Is it just me, or are the new missions rather... arbitrary and pointless?

I'm currently tasked to test the stack decoupler.. While landed.

I'm also tasked to test a seperatron, at 18000m. At a speed no greater than 120m/s. Who hovers at 18000m?

(these glorious tasks acquired at +400 reputation.....)

Is it just me, or are the new missions rather... arbitrary and pointless?

I'm currently tasked to test the stack decoupler.. While landed.

I'm also tasked to test a seperatron, at 18000m. At a speed no greater than 120m/s. Who hovers at 18000m?

(these glorious tasks acquired at +400 reputation.....)

Most of them are pretty lame. I find myself ignoring all of the "Test" contracts. I can't wait till someone makes a mod so that I can turn them off.

Please bear in mind that some contracts in the game are also meant to introduce a new player to the array of parts and how they might be used (or not used).

What might be more useful is to construct some feedback on balancing and toggleable options in the Suggestions forum, instead of simply pointing out "Lame contracts are lame."

Cheers,

~Claw

Great update ~ current goal is trying to reach a million funds. Also now I've got the Mk1-2 capsule it's time to rescue Philfen from orbit and that's where my main problem with vanilla KSP gets highlighted. No Delta-V information.

With the .24 update cost is now a major concern (even with a million funds in the bank!); I want, and need, to build an efficient rocket but without Delta-V data I'm forced to over-engineer at extra cost just to make sure I can do the mission.

With the .24 update cost is now a major concern (even with a million funds in the bank!); I want, and need, to build an efficient rocket but without Delta-V data I'm forced to over-engineer at extra cost just to make sure I can do the mission.

Kerbal Engineer Redux is available in a version that works with 0.24 now :)

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but:

KSP 64bit patcher will not update through launcher. The only way that I can get it to work is to launch the patcher directly from the install file. It's not a big deal, just was wondering if other people were having this problem as well. Windows 7, in case anybody wanted to know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.