Are you STEAMed or what?

HavinAlmassi

Absolutely no problem downloading here.. I even cancelled the download and tried again because I selected wrong download location at first.

It is alot better than it has been in the past where it could be impossible to reach for hours.

The reason for me is that I just dont trust services like STEAM in the long run. For all I know they could one day decide to drop support for a game.

Also if you for some reason get banned you also lose your entire game library. At least when using ksp store I know that i will be able to download as long as the game is still in support even if the unlikely event that steam shuts down their servers.

There is one feature that is tempting me somewhat to transfer though and that is the in home streaming function, which would allow you to play KSP even on low end devices like a crappy laptop or even a tablet like the microsoft surface.

Don't bother just getting steam just for the stream thing. It's quite horrible. The latency is not too bad but the resolution just messes it up for me. If you have got two of the same resolution screens it should be on though. I got it on steam mainly because of the auto update (also it was on offer) 😊

I haven't, yet... I want to support Squad and Squad only with my purchase of KSP.

Wow, though. This is insane.

Steam doesn't profit from transferring the game onto their platform; you've paid Squad all the money already.

I transferred my purchase to steam today for 0.24.

Then I got a steam key, which I copypasted into steam.

Then I got an error message saying the key I got was already in use.

Now I can't play KSP on steam and I can't download KSP from the site.

Waiting on support to get back to me, but no KSP for me today from the looks of it.

I'm seriously tempted to sail the seven seas and get the game I bought and paid for from the jolliest of rogers instead. :|

I just bought a second copy of KSP from Steam, that way I have the best of both worlds. And squad gets double (minus the bit Steam takes out) support from me.

Same here. The benefit of Steam is that I get updated as soon as it's available and don't have to deal with congestion on the site.

The benefit of buying my second copy through Squad is that I can keep an archive of all the previous versions as standalone downloads. This makes it very easy to reinstall or to setup a build for an older version.

Are you using any extensions like noscript?? And I guess alredy tried clearing cache and then logging back in?

I run noscript on Firefox, but I rarely use Chrome or IE, so I've never used it on them.

I'm seeing the same thing. Any version I click on to download opens a blank page (earlier it was parse error on line 132).

I've tried Firefox, IE, and Chrome. Same blank page in all of them.

This happened to me too. I left it alone for a while and eventually a download dialog popped up. If it doesn't give you an error page then it's probably trying to connect/connecting slowly/thinking about connecting/whatever.

I must have angered the kods, because today, of all the days, Steam has started regularly crashing Windows for me. Every time I even try to start it up, BSOD. So I'm in the exact opposite boat. I think I could deal with a delay in downloading 0.24 from the KSP Store. But I have no end in sight for this Steam crash. :(

Just as others I had problems in the first half hour with downloading from the KSP store ... but after that (maybe 45 mins after release) I was able to download ... and at a neckbreaking speed as well, just 10 mins for the 0.5 GB zip (whereas in the past downloading KSP zips short after release took much longer, due to the huge server load)

I've had KSP on Steam since 0.20. Why? I find it more convenient. Steam Auto-Update, despite being a royal pain for some games, is a godsend for KSP. I already have a clone of each version once I get it modded out and tweaked to perfection. Steam just does the whole, "Whoa! New KSP version. Put that in the Download Queue and wait for a free moment." thing for me.

Like others, it just doesn't feel right having KSP on steam, I do have a lot of steam games, and if I ever decide to have KSP on steam I will buy it again, so I still keep my KSP store active :)

For those still having problems downloading, just log out of your account and then back in.. Download links from what I understand are on a timer, so you could be timing out.

I just can't believe they have never addressed the bandwidth trouble issues they have..it is kind of annoying and surely they have the money to afford what they need by now.

This isn't a bandwidth issue. I logged out of the store and logged back in, and it worked fine, full download in 5 minutes. The 64-bit windows version is giving me errors now, rather than timing out.

I just transferred to steam, how the hell do i tell it to download the 64 bit version?

Edit: I just checked the files, there's a 64 bit exe and data folder. Does the steam version have files for both or what?

Edited by bs1110101

This isn't a bandwidth issue. I logged out of the store and logged back in, and it worked fine, full download in 5 minutes. The 64-bit windows version is giving me errors now, rather than timing out.

It totally is a bandwitdh issue, when I got through it downloaded fast too, after the traffic died down. That's how that works.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.