[WEB] KSP Ribbon Generator [v2.0, Dec 22, 2014] Over 7 Million Served!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, MrWalrus123 said:

A version for some planet packs would be nice, such as GPP

This has been suggested once or twice, but I haven't planned to do this because of a few reasons.  For one, I personally only play vanilla (stock).  Also, I'm not the person who made the ribbons or the rules that govern their use; that was the illustrious @Unistrut.  I only built the generator and host the images for Kerbaltek members.  Then, there are questions about what packs to include, and how to arrange them, with or without the stock planets, etc..

I would suggest posting in the thread for the images and rules below.  If anyone has input on this, and/or artwork, I'd certainly consider it.  :)

EDIT:  Oh yea, and I'm no artist either.  Don't look to me for artwork, sorry.

Edited by Ezriilc

13 hours ago, MrWalrus123 said:

A version for some planet packs would be nice, such as GPP

Give me a moment to fix the broken link and you'll be able to make your own with the original GIMP file I used to make the Kerbin system ribbons.  There's a color layer that's separate from the texture and bevel on the edges, so you just need to pick the two main colors of your planet and bucket fill that layer.  If it's a satellite of a planet then you fill the end with the planet colors and then repeat the process with the satellite's major colors.    

8 minutes ago, Unistrut said:

Give me a moment to fix the broken link and you'll be able to make your own with the original GIMP file I used to make the Kerbin system ribbons.  There's a color layer that's separate from the texture and bevel on the edges, so you just need to pick the two main colors of your planet and bucket fill that layer.  If it's a satellite of a planet then you fill the end with the planet colors and then repeat the process with the satellite's major colors.    

I've got Version 8 of your images - the latest I know of - on Kerbaltek here:  http://www.kerbaltek.com/ribbons
Look for the "download the raw images" link in the first paragraph.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, TheEnderman said:

I made a ribbon, how do I add it to my profile?

While you're logged into this forum, click your name at the top-right, then click "Account Settings", and then click "Signature" on the left.

In your signature settings, click the "Insert other media" button at the bottom-right, and then click "Insert image from URL".  Then paste the URL to your ribbons that you got from my site, and click the "Insert into post" button.  When you're done editing your signature, click the "Save" button at the bottom left.

• 11 months later...

As of today, Kerbaltek members' Ribbons have been served more than 6 million times since ~July of 2014!  At one point, I was worried that my host may not like the bandwidth use, but I've never gotten any notices or slowdowns (that I know of), so I'm glad that I decided to host users' images in-house - it has worked out great.  I'm pleased that users still like it after all these years, and I look forward to many more years to come.

I've been thinking it's high time I got back into it and add to my own achievements.  Getting all the devices and completing all my ribbons has been my goal from the beginning of the project.  I encourage others to do the same, as KSP has only gotten better over time, and it's so much better a use of one's time than crushing candy or battling royals.  ;)

Fly on, you magnificent, exploding krash-test dummies!  :prograde::0.0:

• 5 months later...

Good news, everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that Kerbaltek.com now uses encryption (https://) for a secure connection, to keep your activity on our site private.

This change will most likely break your ribbons image in your signature.  Here's how to fix that on this forum:

1. While you're signed in, click your username at the top-right of any forum page, then click "Account Settings".
  2. In the "Settings" view, click on "Signature" at the left.
  3. Get rid of any existing ribbons code.  Remove the text "ribbons.png" or whatever it may say in place of your ribbons image.  Basically, select the line and hit delete.
  4. Click the "Insert other media" button at the bottom-right, then click "Insert image from URL".
  5. Enter your ribbons image URL that you got from our Ribbon Generator - as follows:
    https://www.kerbaltek.com/users/[your_username]/ribbons.png
  6. OPTIONAL
    If you'd like to show others how to get their own ribbons, and some love for Kerbaltek :cool:, click on your ribbons image in the signature editor, then click the "Link" icon in the editor menu, and enter the URL to our Ribbon Generator:
    https://www.kerbaltek.com/ribbons

Then click "Insert into post", and be sure to click "Save"

As always, if you have any issues, please contact me here in the forum, or on our Contact page.

Cheers!

Edited by Ezriilc

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

I'm so glad that you still love it.  Thanks for saying so!

Let us know when you get all those ribbons!

XD

Well, I've promised myself that if I ever get them *all*, then I'll start bugging you for the OPM update to the ribbons. :) But by that point, KSP2 will likely be on the shelves!

Just now, Beetlecat said:

XD

Well, I've promised myself that if I ever get them *all*, then I'll start bugging you for the OPM update to the ribbons. :) But by that point, KSP2 will likely be on the shelves!

Fair enough, but actually that would be Unistrut's domain.  That's who made the ribbons and established the "rules" for their use.  I just built the generator and host the images.

• 11 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 5:52 PM, Ezriilc said:

Fair enough, but actually that would be Unistrut's domain.  That's who made the ribbons and established the "rules" for their use.  I just built the generator and host the images.

I mean, these are basically the ribbons from final frontier, no? I know that there already exists a ribbon set for final frontier for opm, and if there are any discrepancies from the rules for these ribbons, I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to adapt..

Edited by Errol

4 minutes ago, Errol said:

I mean, these are basically the ribbons from final frontier, no? I know that there already exists a ribbon set for final frontier for opm, and if there are any discrepancies from the rules for these ribbons, I'm sure they wouldn't be hard to adapt..

I'm sorry, but I don't know what "final frontier" is, but I'm pretty sure the ribbons my generator uses are just for stock KSP.

Final Frontier is a mod that awards your kerbals these ribbons in game. Pretty sure the outer planets mod ribbons are included in the opm mod download, not the final frontier download, but they follow the same format as the ribbons for the stock planets.

Edited by Errol

20 minutes ago, Errol said:

Final Frontier is a mod that awards your kerbals these ribbons in game. Pretty sure the outer planets mod ribbons are included in the opm mod download, not the final frontier download, but they follow the same format as the ribbons for the stock planets.

Ok.  My generator has nothing to do with any mods, and only represents stock KSP stuff.

OPM is intended to be a stock-alike expansion of the stock solar system to include the rest of the bodies from our solar system in some form in the game. It would not be a huge stretch to include them, as I'm sure many people simply include opm in all their games as a de-facto addition to stock.

I'm not sure if your generator came first, or if Final Frontier came first. Either way though, it is undeniable that this content (the ribbons) are additions to the game, hence your thread being hosted under the ADDON releases thread. You think OPM ribbons shouldn't be included because they aren't representative of the stock game? Fine. But these ribbons for the stock system are not in the stock game either; so are these distinctions really meaningful or just pedantic? Heck, you could even just host the opm ribbons on a seperate page with cloned code from your stock ribbon generator, to protect the sanctity of your stock vs modded install elitism.

7 minutes ago, Errol said:

OPM is intended to be a stock-alike expansion of the stock solar system to include the rest of the bodies from our solar system in some form in the game. It would not be a huge stretch to include them, as I'm sure many people simply include opm in all their games as a de-facto addition to stock.

I'm not sure if your generator came first, or if Final Frontier came first. Either way though, it is undeniable that this content (the ribbons) are additions to the game, hence your thread being hosted under the ADDON releases thread. You think OPM ribbons shouldn't be included because they aren't representative of the stock game? Fine. But these ribbons for the stock system are not in the stock game either; so are these distinctions really meaningful or just pedantic? Heck, you could even just host the opm ribbons on a seperate page with cloned code from your stock ribbon generator, to protect the sanctity of your stock vs modded install elitism.

I did not create the images or rules that my generator uses.

12 minutes ago, Errol said:

Heck, you could even just host the opm ribbons on a seperate page with cloned code from your stock ribbon generator, to protect the sanctity of your stock vs modded install elitism.

I can take that into consideration, but to be honest I had not planned to add anything beyond the stock stuff.

Edited by Ezriilc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.