[WEB] KSP Ribbon Generator [v2.0, Dec 22, 2014] Over 7 Million Served!

The generator only allows extreme EVA on some planets.
This, of course, is by design. Extreme EVA is only possible on certain planets.
Also, no matter what planets you choose in the Grand Tour Shield, you cannot have your craft as extreme EVA.
This too is by design. A Grand Tour - visiting at least two SOIs other than Kerbin - isn't possible without a ship.

The rules for KSP Ribbons are in Unistrut's thread: KSP Ribbons Rules

Edited by Ezriilc

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Found the site, love the idea.

A question or two:

it seems that you can only have a ribbon on (Kerbin, for example), for only one type of ship. But what if you have more than one ship? For example, I have an Aircraft, a Multi-Part ship and a Station, but it seems that I can only have a single ribbon for Kerbin.

Same thing for the Mun and Minmus. Etc.

Regardless, thanks for doing this

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

Found the site, love the idea.

A question or two:

it seems that you can only have a ribbon on (Kerbol, for example), for only one type of ship. But what if you have more than one ship? For example, I have an Aircraft, a Multi-Part ship and a Station, but it seems that I can only have a single ribbon for Kerbol.

Same thing for the Mun and Minmus. Etc.

Regardless, thanks for doing this

Thanks for the compliments, and you're very welcome. :cool:

Just use whichever ship you prefer to brag about. The rules cover that, and are posted in the thread for the artwork by Unistrut, but generally it's personal choice.

Rules

Thanks for the compliments, and you're very welcome. :cool:

Just use whichever ship you prefer to brag about. The rules cover that, and are posted in the thread for the artwork by Unistrut, but generally it's personal choice.

Rules

Ok, thanks.

Suggestion: A preview mode, to see what the end result would look like without saving to the database. You have all those different effects, but it's a bit of a pain to save and refresh, etc. That also permanently changes the ribbon, which may not be desired.

Ok, thanks.

Suggestion: A preview mode, to see what the end result would look like without saving to the database. You have all those different effects, but it's a bit of a pain to save and refresh, etc. That also permanently changes the ribbon, which may not be desired.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. The preview is already there. If you want to reset without saving, just click Cancel.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. The preview is already there. If you want to reset without saving, just click Cancel.

Ah, OK. I see now. I was thinking more of a preview of what the sig would look like (with only the ribbons which are active), but what's there is fine.

Thanks

Ah, OK. I see now. I was thinking more of a preview of what the sig would look like (with only the ribbons which are active), but what's there is fine.

Thanks

It does exactly that, so I'm still unclear as to what you mean.

It does exactly that, so I'm still unclear as to what you mean.

Maybe it's my browser, but when I go to the page, it shows the entire ribbon dimmed, with only the ones I've set up in full color. When I click another and set it up, it makes that one in full color as well.

But, the ribbon I see at the bottom my my post show only the ribbons I've set up.

Maybe it's my browser, but when I go to the page, it shows the entire ribbon dimmed, with only the ones I've set up in full color. When I click another and set it up, it makes that one in full color as well.

But, the ribbon I see at the bottom my my post show only the ribbons I've set up.

I think I understand. You're expecting third-party sites (like this forum) to show the same preview as our site, without you clicking Save & Generate, and that's simply impossible - sorry.

I think I understand. You're expecting third-party sites (like this forum) to show the same preview as our site, without you clicking Save & Generate, and that's simply impossible - sorry.

I think he would like the preview to look EXACTLY like it looks like on this forum

I think he would like the preview to look EXACTLY like it looks like on this forum

Well... it does.

The preview image is supposed to be exactly what will show when saved. If it isn't a perfect copy of the final image, then please let me know.

It does not show the exact same way, because if I choose the Sun and Kerbin for example, I won't be seeing them side by side without all the ribbons, like it will show up once generated. Instead, it show them where they would be if all the ribbons where selected, because they still occupy place by being translucid

It does not show the exact same way, because if I choose the Sun and Kerbin for example, I won't be seeing them side by side without all the ribbons, like it will show up once generated. Instead, it show them where they would be if all the ribbons where selected, because they still occupy place by being translucid

Ah - very good point. I'm not sure if there is a good way to do that, but I'll think on it for a bit. If anyone has any ideas how to make the interface work that way, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I really can be thick at times. :blush:

Ah - very good point. I'm not sure if there is a good way to do that, but I'll think on it for a bit. If anyone has any ideas how to make the interface work that way, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. I really can be thick at times. :blush:

Thanks to Moustachauve for explaining better than I could, and thanks to you for understanding.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
hey do you think you can add a ribbon that make this story possible?

well it all started when I was trying to get a kerbol asteroid into the orbit of kerbin but when I pulled the asteroid back to my main ship I accidentally crashed it. every thing was scatted or blow up. so I got jeb out of the command pod and use the EVA jetpack to use KAS to grab a stray parachute and then I turned on infinite EVA fuel and after 94 day safly reached kerbin. :0.0:

so can you please make a ribbon or something like that to describe my story.

Thanks

EpicGuy226,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for your story. I find it inspiring to never give up. However, using infinite EVA does make it cheating, so no Return Chevron for you. :P

Ribbons aren't for telling a story; they mark your best accomplishments throughout your KSP career (or sandbox). If you want to represent the mission graphically, there's an app for that.

• 3 weeks later...

this is such an awesome thing thanks so much to its creators

yep I know im a bit late on this bandwagon but I only discovered it now ....kind of wish it could be implemented into stock ...lol....(would be cool though)

again this community is awesome the longer I hang around the more I see the more I get involved

HEY no looking at my meager ...(but honest) achievements :sticktongue:

Edited by hawk_za
spelling

this is such an awesome thing thanks so much to its creators

yep I know im a bit late on this bandwagon but I only discovered it now ....kind of wish it could be implemented into stock ...lol....(would be cool though)

again this community is awesome the longer I hang around the more I see the more I get involved

HEY no looking at my meager ...(but honest) achievements :sticktongue:

Honest achievements are the finest - in my book.

You're most welcome, and I'm glad you like it. I certainly couldn't have built it without the artwork from Unistrut, and the original idea from Moustachauve.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I only flicked through a few pages of this thread;

I'm massively lazy and can't be bothered working out where I've been or what I've done, would it be possible to have a downloadable version (either as a mod or standalone) that automatically generates the ribbon based on a save file?

Apologies if this question has been asked before, I only flicked through a few pages of this thread;

I'm massively lazy and can't be bothered working out where I've been or what I've done, would it be possible to have a downloadable version (either as a mod or standalone) that automatically generates the ribbon based on a save file?

The idea of an in-game mod has been in my head since I first learned of these ribbons. Sadly, I haven't built it yet.

That doesn't mean it won't happen, just that I don't know when.

For some reason, I'm very proud that Kerbaltek's Members' ribbons have been seen over 1 million times!

I'm glad that folks are enjoying it, and that my hosting provider hasn't disowned me yet. :cool:

Here's to 2 million!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.