[WEB] KSP Ribbon Generator [v2.0, Dec 22, 2014] Over 7 Million Served!

• 5 months later...
Just now, Lo Var Lachland said:

I'm not sure how to use this, but I would love to brag. :cool: Can someone give me a hand? 

Sure!  :cool:

If you register on our site, it will remember your settings, and you can hotlink directly to your ribbons image.  http://www.kerbaltek.com/user

To create your ribbons image, choose your settings for each planet by clicking the ribbon for the planet, then selecting the devices.  When you're done, just click the Generate button to download the image.  If you're logged in, your image is permanently saved to your URL to copy into your signature here, or anywhere you want.

The images are hosted directly from our site, so you don't have to change your siggy when you change your ribbons.  :)

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/ribbons

If you need more help, just ask!  If you'd like to help support our costs, please consider donating.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Sure!  :cool:

If you register on our site, it will remember your settings, and you can hotlink directly to your ribbons image.  http://www.kerbaltek.com/user

To create your ribbons image, choose your settings for each planet by clicking the ribbon for the planet, then selecting the devices.  When you're done, just click the Generate button to download the image.  If you're logged in, your image is permanently saved to your URL to copy into your signature here, or anywhere you want.

The images are hosted directly from our site, so you don't have to change your siggy when you change your ribbons.  :)

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/ribbons

If you need more help, just ask!  If you'd like to help support our costs, please consider donating.  Thanks!

Thanks of your fast response. But before I register, do you have a copy of a privacy policy I can review? 

38 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Thanks of your fast response. But before I register, do you have a copy of a privacy policy I can review? 

Ya know, I didn't actually, so I published one to our User page just now.  :cool:  http://www.kerbaltek.com/user

"We promise to never send spam (yuck!), nor share, sell, or be careless with your private information.  We use 'best practice' strong encryption with a random salt and a spicy pepper to safely store your password."

Edited by Ezriilc

2 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Thank you!

One more question. I received the email with the "token" But I can't copy it to the site. How can I do that?

Well, you can just type it in, but of course it must be exact.

2 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

BTW, no matter what I do, it always says that it is incorrect. :(

I'm sorry you're having trouble, but the system is definitely working, so if you type it correctly, it will work.

21 minutes ago, Zaphod442 said:

If I "Download the images" in the file, there is only a single .png file named "bar" and everything else is in .xcf and .psd. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT:  Welcome to the forum!  I love to help out, so feel free to contact me for anything.

There is a thread for the images (the "Rules" link on our site), and they are not my property, but here's my quick guide.

The .xcf and .psd files are saved projects for image editor programs.  They are made up of layers that include all the ribbons and devices.  When loaded into an image editor program such as GIMP, the layers can be separated and exported.

http://www.gimp.org/   It's FOSS, and my go-to app for such things.

You would then use the layers for the ribbons and devices you want to create a new image that arranges them into a ribbon set or whatever you wish.  If you're not familiar with image editing, it may take a little longer, but I find GIMP to be pretty easy to learn, and there's good help info on their site.

I hope this helps, and if you need anything else, just let me know.  Good luck!

Edited by Ezriilc
Clarified links

7 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

There is a thread for the images themselves, but here's my quick guide.

The .xcf and .psd files are saved projects for image editor programs.  They are made up of layers that include all the ribbons and devices.  When loaded into an image editor program such as GIMP, the layers can be separated and exported.

http://www.gimp.org/   It's FOSS, and my go-to app for such things.

You would then use the layers for the ribbons and devices you want to create a new image that arranges them into a ribbon set or whatever you wish.  If you're not familiar with image editing, it may take a little longer, but I find GIMP to be pretty easy to learn, and there's good help info on their site.

I hope this helps, and if you need anything else, just let me know.  Good luck!

I see now, thanks.

10 minutes ago, CheckYoStaging said:

How am I supposed to add these to my signature?

You can either download the image and then upload it to a service like Imgur or, if you register with us, it's hosted on our server and you'll be given a URL for it.

You then put the URL to your image into your signature as an image.  Click your name at the top-right of this page, then click Settings, and Signature to edit yours.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

Can't register.  Give username and email.  Get token in email.  Copy and paste the 23 digit token from the email into the form.  Get the red box stating incorrect or improper input.  6 times. 

You're not entering the token correctly.  Please try again.

1 minute ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

Selecting the 23 characters from the email you sent, then copying and pasting them in the text box on your website and confirming that their are no leading or trailing spaces is causing an error?  I paste it into a text editor and it exactly matches the email.  

Here is what I was sent.

(UID: 577d8e426982a6.50188932)  

And here is what I am copying and pasting.

577d8e426982a6.50188932

And now the last two emails have no tokens...

I don't know what else to say, but you're missing it.  Please read more carefully.

Look for the word "Token" followed on the next line by... the... um... token.  :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.