[WEB] KSP Ribbon Generator [v2.0, Dec 22, 2014] Over 7 Million Served!

I am in thanks to the patient help of Ezriilc!  

My email client was hiding the text...changing to a different email address (gmail) revealed the all important token.

The Kraken no doubt...

Edited by 11Bravo49417

1 minute ago, 11Bravo49417 said:

I am in thanks to the patient help of Ezriilc!  

My email client was hiding the text...changing to a different email address (gmail) revealed the all important token.

The Kraken no doubt...

Well done! :0.0:

My only concern is why this was happening, and if anyone else might have the same issue.  Any insight from anyone is welcome.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

You should definitely add 'Anomaly' to all bodies where it appears. Which is currently pretty much every one of them (including Jool's orbiting monolith, and sparkling veins asteroids).

You might want to kill the 'Geosynchronous orbit' on all bodies where it's impossible due to being above SOI too.

Also, why is 'Challenge Wreath' only available for so few bodies? Like, doesn't circumnavigation of Duna count?

1 hour ago, Sharpy said:

You should definitely add 'Anomaly' to all bodies where it appears. Which is currently pretty much every one of them (including Jool's orbiting monolith, and sparkling veins asteroids).

You might want to kill the 'Geosynchronous orbit' on all bodies where it's impossible due to being above SOI too.

Also, why is 'Challenge Wreath' only available for so few bodies? Like, doesn't circumnavigation of Duna count?

Wrong thread.  This one is only for the generator app itself.  You want the one for the images/rules, below.

12 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Wrong thread.  This one is only for the generator app itself.  You want the one for the images/rules, below.

what?!

Could you explain how a bug report on icons for valid situations missing in the generator app belongs to the 'show your ribbons' thread and not to the 'ribbon generator app' thread?

Just now, Sharpy said:

what?!

Could you explain how a bug report on icons for valid situations missing in the generator app belongs to the 'show your ribbons' thread and not to the 'ribbon generator app' thread?

Well sure, I'd be happy to!  You see, the app was built to follow the rules in that other thread.  The situations and specifics of how to use each ribbon and device are/were set by the the person who made them, and laid out in that thread by them.  The "icons for valid situations missing" are not actually missing, they just are not designated for that particular use by their creator.

If you read the rules there, you'll also find out why Geosynchronous is available for certain bodies that you think shouldn't have it.

If you'd like changes to be made to the rules of how/when to use the ribbons/devices, you'll need to use that thread, and not this one.

I hope this helps.  :wink:

4 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Well sure, I'd be happy to!  You see, the app was built to follow the rules in that other thread.  The situations and specifics of how to use each ribbon and device are/were set by the the person who made them, and laid out in that thread by them.  The "icons for valid situations missing" are not actually missing, they just are not designated for that particular use by their creator.

I

So, the monolith on Gilly is not an anomaly?

@Sharpy,

But seriously, I mean no disrespect, nor do I mean to dismiss you.  If you don't get anywhere with the other thread or the creator of the images, @Unistrut, please let me know and I will address the issues myself as best I can.  I just don't want to step on their toes.  I hope you understand.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm awake, I'm awake!

There's a monolith on Gilly?  Yes, that would be an anomaly.

On 11/30/2016 at 6:15 AM, Sharpy said:

I've been out of the loop for a while (two small children will do that to you) so yes, if there are anomalous objects you should be able to get the dot for it.  I'd say the sparkling asteroids dot should go on the asteroid ribbon, but that's just my gut reaction before I've finished my first cup of coffee.

As for the Challenge Wreath the reason it's limited is that landing and leaving from Tylo and leaving Eve are just miles away in difficulty from anything else.  Circumnavigating a planet without oceans just requires patience.  Even SSTOs are actually kind of easy in comparison, but everyone seems so happy when they manage it and it is a unique engineering challenge.

Edited by Unistrut

On 11/30/2016 at 9:15 AM, Sharpy said:

Since Unistrut made the call, I will make the additions to my app.  Can I get a confirmation of which bodies have anomalies now?

Would we agree that this is authoritative?  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/List_of_easter_eggs

23 minutes ago, Ezriilc said:

Since Unistrut made the call, I will make the additions to my app.  Can I get a confirmation of which bodies have anomalies now?

Would we agree that this is authoritative?  http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/List_of_easter_eggs

I believe there was a monolith in orbit of Jool, can't confirm if still present.

Glowy Asteroids should count as Asteroid Anomaly.

I think allowing anomalies *everywhere* would make sense.

4 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

I believe there was a monolith in orbit of Jool, can't confirm if still present.

Agreed, and done.

Thanks for your input, @Sharpy!  And thanks for the answer, @Unistrut!

3 hours ago, Sharpy said:

The only reason ADs were restricted in the original version of the ribbons was that those were the only planets with anomalies. It was even stretching a little to include the Mohole as it wasn't an "extra" object like the other anomalies, but a quirk of planet geometry.  However, it was strange and people made a point of visiting it, so I figured why not include it.

w166XKA.png

I moved my SpySat from Duna to Ike and scanned it. Anomaly found - I don't know what it is, and I'm not too fond of risking a dinghy to check locally (it's barely capable of reaching Ike surface - might not make it back) but if Jool still has the orbiting monolith, it would mean only Kerbol has no anomalies.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.