The Vostok Recordings.

Xacktar

Day One: Jeb

Is this thing on? YAY!

This is AWESOME! I'm going to the MUN! Well, they only told me to orbit Kerbin, BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THAT! MUN!!!!! They put me in a tiny pod again. There are lots of buttons. I pressed a few of them before we started. Alrey caught on fire. It was great! They say launch is in a few hours. CAN'T WAIT! I would so press the buttons now if they hadn't locked my arms to the command chair. I wanna sing a song! OHHHH, 99 tanks of fuel under me, 99 tanks of fuelllllll...

[Transcript edited for length]

Day Two: Jeb

They let me push the button! I'm in space. They told me to do experiments and I tried but they yelled at me for going too fast. I don't like it when people yell at me. It hurts my ears. OH, LIGHTSWITCH! Clicky on. Clicky off. Clicky on. Clicky off. CLICKYCLICKYCLICKYCLICKYCLICKYCLICKY! What was I saying? I did SCIENCE! I pressed more buttons and things scienced. Bill said I did good enough. I'm a good sciencer. OH RIGHT! MUN! Hold on, recordy-thing. I need to make fire.

Day Three: Jeb

I'M ON THE MUN! It's cold here. I like it. I have a jetpack! I spun around a bit with it. It makes FSSSHT sounds. I planted a flag. The pole hit me in the face and I fell asleep for a few hours. My head hurts now. Bill is yelling at me from the other talky-thing. He's really loud. I asked him earlier if he could come pick me up, my going up things aren't working anymore. I'm gonna go play with Mun dirt now! Bye!

Day Four: Bill

I hate Jeb.

He went off-plan AGAIN! Seriously, why do they keep putting him in charge of rockets? Well, Bob, Wehrner and myself managed to scrape up enough funds to make a second rocket to rescue Jeb. Of course, our entire space program only has $157 dollars left in the budget now. Wehrner says we'll be alright as long as we get Jeb's science back. I hope he's right.

Day Five: Jeb

Bill's coming to pick me up! I knew he liked me! Bill told me how to move fuel so now I can fly a little. I'm gonna go spinning round the MUN! SONG TIME! 99 piles of dirt in the pod, 99 piles of dirt! Stomp one down, kick it around-

Day 6: Bill

Alright. We're about to intercept Jeb's craft. He only had enough fuel for an extremely low orbit. We're going to dive down to a mere 17k above Mun to meet with his craft, then make a strong burn to keep us within distance. Jeb should be able to gather all 8 pieces of science and jetpack over here. We hope. I am NOT looking forward to spending the next two days in the capsule with him.

Day 6: Jeb

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *FSSHT* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *FSHT FSHHHT* WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Day 7: Jeb and Bill

Bill: Kill me.

Jeb: And look at THIS dirt! Its slightly more sparkly than the other dirt! And this goo glows a funny color. I put some up my nose. Now I smell like jam! Do you want to sing a song?

Bill: Mission control, please let me jettison one of us. Please.

Jeb: Oh, what does that button-

Day 9: Bill

Jeb's back. Science is recovered. We have enough funding for a few more months of space exploration. I can't get his stupid dirt song out of my head. Get it out. Get it out. Get it out.

[And that is how my 0.24 mission to the Mun went. Vostok 1 is still in orbit around the Mun, circling in the dark for all time... Vostok 2 made it back in mostly one piece with both Kerbals aboard.]

Edited by Xacktar

Still, better than my first landing this time round. Bill wasn't watching, and collided with the dark side of the Mun. I managed to convince Jeb to say in orbit, and do all the science.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.