Can't get the "Rescue Lodeny Kerman from Kerbin" mission

Hi there,

Well, title say all my problem. I'm on the Rescue mission, and I can't active Lodeny, either from space or Tracking station (it says that "Cannot with to an object we do not own").

I've got my ship near him, I came with Jebediah close enough to him (like stick to him..:kiss:), and still can't get the control of Lodeny.

So I can't get him in my rescue ship! ;.;

Is this an issue? Did I misunderstanding something?

Thx!

m00n

You cannot activate the Kerbal before approaching it because the contract uses the same spawning system as asteroids do. In other words, until you get within 2.5km, there is no actual Kerbal to activate, just a marker in the tracking station. The Kerbal is only created for the first time when entering physics range.

• 1 month later...
Some people don't read instructions or keymaps.

Generally people do read instructions in games, because the norm is now for the instructions/tutorial to be built into the game rather than a 500+ page game manual such as those that were around when I started playing videogames. There's no instruction of how to 'rescue' the Kerbal except to put him in a ship, and land the ship. There's also no reason why anybody would look for keybinds for a feature that in their experience simply doesn't exist. I've looked up keybinds for all sorts of things in KSP, and changed a few, but even I never noticed there was a keybind for switching crafts/Kerbs. I suspect that 95% of KSP gamers think that the main way to switch craft is still to go to the Tracking Station - even changing in the map view is a relatively new feature.

You should be careful not to alienate the uninitiated on these forums, as what might seem like a dumb or lazy question to you may be something that turns a lot of people off the game.

Generally people do read instructions in games, because the norm is now for the instructions/tutorial to be built into the game rather than a 500+ page game manual such as those that were around when I started playing videogames.

And this is why the first thing I do when I buy a new game is go straight the settings menu.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.