[1.4] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages - v1.8.0 (March 11, 2018)

magico13

I have posted an official pre-release for KSP 1.1. It will likely become the full release after a bit of testing. Tons of thanks to @rem0230 and @Cerebrate for the work they did which made it much simpler to do the update.

It's just an update of the code from 1.0.5. I will attempt to add new features and bug fixes in the next few weeks after I update all of my other mods to 1.1.

Edited by magico13

3 hours ago, Groovemeister said:

Hi Magico13, with the 1.1 version, it seems that stage recovery no longer tries to use parachutes

Are you using RealChutes? I was informed that it isn't working with the 1.1 version of RealChutes so I'm going to fix that as soon as I get an opportunity (so, tomorrow at the earliest). It seemed to be fine with stock parachutes. These sorts of issues are expected, hence why its still pre-release :wink:

Hi, Magico13. I have Realchutes installed as well, but I tried stock chutes, it doesn't work at all (I'm not sure if you mean stock chutes work without Realchutes installed). Also, I can't open the menu in editor (via toolbar mod button). I can open a menu in launch mode.

If you need any additional information, let me know. I really appreciate your awesome mod :)

59 minutes ago, wqt0806 said:

Hi, Magico13. I have Realchutes installed as well, but I tried stock chutes, it doesn't work at all (I'm not sure if you mean stock chutes work without Realchutes installed). Also, I can't open the menu in editor (via toolbar mod button). I can open a menu in launch mode.

If you need any additional information, let me know. I really appreciate your awesome mod :)

I believe stock chutes without realchutes installed at all. If i recall, realchutes modulemanages itself into the stock chutes as well - normally a good thing, just not in this exact case :D. I use it as well, and until Sciencefunding is updated i just have money rewards jacked to 500%  Don't miss the stages as much that way, till everyone works out updates, conflicts, compatibilities, and dependencies.

Yeah, RealChutes uses module manager to place its modules on Stock chutes, so in this case you'd have to uninstall RealChutes. I use RC myself almost exclusively, so it's a high priority to get it working. I'll likely have it done tomorrow evening (won't get a chance to work on it tonight because I have 100 tests to grade).

New pre-release that should work with RealChutes v1.4 available. I noticed that the editor helper was telling me one value for a stage (4.9 m/s) and in flight it reported 5.9m/s. Let me know if you see the same sort of behavior. I'm looking into it.

Get it from GitHub

17 minutes ago, magico13 said:

New pre-release that should work with RealChutes v1.4 available. I noticed that the editor helper was telling me one value for a stage (4.9 m/s) and in flight it reported 5.9m/s. Let me know if you see the same sort of behavior. I'm looking into it.

Get it from GitHub

Haha, I just read your previous reply and deleted realchute. Game is still loading, And your update popup

Thank you~~:lol::lol:

=======================

Tested once, works great!!!~~

Edited by wqt0806

2 hours ago, seamus2849 said:

Stage Recovery 1.6.4 and 1.6.4.1 breaks Kerbal Konstructs in 1.1.

Can you provide a log file? I'll try to reproduce later. KK has broken with SR before when they didn't fully update their recovery code since they're using SR's API.

8 hours ago, magico13 said:

Can you provide a log file? I'll try to reproduce later. KK has broken with SR before when they didn't fully update their recovery code since they're using SR's API.

Hi it says on Spacedock that you are still in version 1.0.5 just FYI

2 hours ago, Nucluer said:

Hi it says on Spacedock that you are still in version 1.0.5 just FYI

It's still in pre-release status so they're only being released on GitHub for now. You'll notice the forum thread also still says 1.0.5. I've got a few bug fixes to implement still before release :)

Hi, Magico13, thanks for Stage Recovery, I used it with great delight since a week or so on KSP 1.1, and it was working perfectly.

Unfortunately today it silently stopped working. How can I help you in figure it out the reason why?

Yesterday night I've installed few new mods and perhaps some conflict with yours:
- B9PartSwitch (updated)
- FP-KOAS (updated)
- EVA_Transfer
- Final_Frontier
- RealPlume
- HyperEdit
- PreciseManeuver (updated)
- Hangar_Grid
- Mk1_Cockpit_RPM_Internals
- Contract_Pack_Historic_Missions
- Buffalo
- KerbalImprovedSaveSystem

I removed Stage Recovery and reinstalled it with no success unfortunately. Now I'm removing all the recently added mods to find out if SR reactivates.

Edited by carlorizzante

@carlorizzante Are you using the latest pre-release? If not then I suggest trying it out as it might fix any problems you're seeing. If you're still having issues then I'll likely need the log file to have any clue. Assuming you're running Windows the log file will be KSP_Data/output_log.txt if you're using 32 bit or KSP_x64_Data/output_log.txt if you're using 64 bit. Just upload it to Dropbox or a similar site and then post here (or send a PM) with the sharing link.

Any idea where my booster went??

I took a new design into orbit and things didn't go exactly as expected.  I had 700 m/s after the deorbit burn and I had chutes on the booster in case I could get it down.  I kept my eye on the heat, burning a bit every time the bar got up to the a.  I came through the fire intact with about 400 m/s left but I didn't like the way the altimeter was unwinding.  I burned the rest of my fuel, jettisoned the booster and popped my chutes--I was under 2000m at that point.

It turns out I was landing hotter than I like but the booster had more cloth than it needed--I watched my booster float up past me (really, just falling slower.)  I ended up beating the booster to the water.  I recovered my vessel--and then noticed that I got no message from the booster at all.

I'm not sure that StageRecovery would kick in for a booster that is deleted because of a scene change. It's especially difficult to catch that because all vessels are "deleted" on scene changes (the event that StageRecovery listens for is called on every vessel during scene changes) and it would be tricky to tell the situations apart. In those cases you'd just have to wait for the booster to land on its own or go out of physics range and get deleted due to that.

6 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I'm not sure that StageRecovery would kick in for a booster that is deleted because of a scene change. It's especially difficult to catch that because all vessels are "deleted" on scene changes (the event that StageRecovery listens for is called on every vessel during scene changes) and it would be tricky to tell the situations apart. In those cases you'd just have to wait for the booster to land on its own or go out of physics range and get deleted due to that.

I was thinking that it might be something like that--the booster didn't go out of range, after all.

@magico13

Are you aware that on GitHub, the link for 1.6.4.2 downloads with a version file that says the previous release, 1.6.4.1?

I assume this is just a simple error/omission and does not actually reflect the contents of the 1.6.4.2 zip. Considering the stagerecovery.dll is slightly larger, I'm guessing it really is 1.6.4.2 and you just forgot to update the .version.

Can you confirm?

On 4/30/2016 at 6:38 PM, KocLobster said:

@magico13

Are you aware that on GitHub, the link for 1.6.4.2 downloads with a version file that says the previous release, 1.6.4.1?

I assume this is just a simple error/omission and does not actually reflect the contents of the 1.6.4.2 zip. Considering the stagerecovery.dll is slightly larger, I'm guessing it really is 1.6.4.2 and you just forgot to update the .version.

Can you confirm?

Can confirm. I wasn't too worried about the version numbers during the pre-releases.

Edit: I went ahead and upgraded it to a full release. I haven't gotten a chance to do all the changes I wanted to do, but not having it more openly available when it works just as well as the 1.0.5 release seemed a bit silly. I'll see about getting some additional bug fixes and such done this week(end).

Edited by magico13