magico13

[1.4] StageRecovery - Recover Funds+ from Dropped Stages - v1.8.0 (March 11, 2018)

Recommended Posts

@Syczek

I see normal recoveries, including taking parts to scrapyard. Nothing listing it even trying to transfer science but didn't

That 38k exceptions is a lot :) it has semisaturatable Reaction wheels is throwing exceptions, FAR is erroring several thousand times. Scatterer is failing to find cloud layers for planets etc.  It might be that among the exceptions and errors it is refusing to unload the part that contains the science. i don't see a specific reason why, but there is a lot of NRE spam going on.  You probably want to carefully rebuild your install (make a copy of the whole thing).

Edited by Bornholio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bornholio said:

@Syczek

I see normal recoveries, including taking parts to scrapyard. Nothing listing it even trying to transfer science but didn't

That 38k exceptions is a lot :) it has semisaturatable Reaction wheels is throwing exceptions, FAR is erroring several thousand times. Scatterer is failing to find cloud layers for planets etc.  It might be that among the exceptions and errors it is refusing to unload the part that contains the science. i don't see a specific reason why, but there is a lot of NRE spam going on.  You probably want to carefully rebuild your install (make a copy of the whole thing).

I have far beta build so i expect so bugs and exceptions.Well semi saturable i installed because i used it in older version but i guess i will deinstall it.Scatter probably dont find layers because i use several planet modpacks that not supporting scatterer features i guess. I will check my spaceship again and gain science and again try to recover him.

Edited by Syczek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the remark on the first page regarding air pressure and staging and created this patch that might be useful to someone:

// Add staging control to parachutes and open at an airpressure of 0.5
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleParachute]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[ModuleParachute]
	{
		stagingEnableText = Parachute: Enable Staging
		stagingDisableText = Parachute: Disable Staging
		stagingToggleEnabledEditor = true

		@minAirPressureToOpen = 0.5
	}
}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am having an issue with Stage Recovery, I went from Windows to Linux and did a fresh install of KSP and all my mods on my new Linux box. The problem I am having is Stage Recovery will not work on my Linux box, I have it set up the same way on my Windows box and it works just fine, I am not getting any messages saying the stages were recovered or destroyed. I though it might have been a bad install so I deleted the files and reinstalled it but no go.

 

Here is my log files https://www.dropbox.com/s/y8temyohmktl37j/Player.log?dl=0

 

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pratherdude said:

So I am having an issue with Stage Recovery, I went from Windows to Linux and did a fresh install of KSP and all my mods on my new Linux box. The problem I am having is Stage Recovery will not work on my Linux box, I have it set up the same way on my Windows box and it works just fine, I am not getting any messages saying the stages were recovered or destroyed. I though it might have been a bad install so I deleted the files and reinstalled it but no go.

StageRecovery appears to be running just fine, but I can't tell how you're trying to test. All of the messages I see from StageRecovery are on vessels that are being destroyed by crashing into the terrain, which means you didn't get far enough away from them. Are you making sure that you're dropping the stages from a high enough height and getting far enough away that they unload before they crash? If not, try setting the parachutes to deploy at 0.4 or 0.5 pressure and stage them when you drop that stage, they should wait to deploy until they get closer to the ground but that will hopefully let them survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magico13 said:

StageRecovery appears to be running just fine, but I can't tell how you're trying to test. All of the messages I see from StageRecovery are on vessels that are being destroyed by crashing into the terrain, which means you didn't get far enough away from them. Are you making sure that you're dropping the stages from a high enough height and getting far enough away that they unload before they crash? If not, try setting the parachutes to deploy at 0.4 or 0.5 pressure and stage them when you drop that stage, they should wait to deploy until they get closer to the ground but that will hopefully let them survive.

OK, Ill wait till I get further along in the game then and see if I have any more problems.  I have been shooting off sounding rockets and multi-stage ICBM's to science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Pratherdude said:

OK, Ill wait till I get further along in the game then and see if I have any more problems.  I have been shooting off sounding rockets and multi-stage ICBM's to science.

You don't have to wait.  It's just if the first stage falls off too early (in my experience, ~5km up--you have to reach 22km from the pad before impact) the chutes must actually work properly, not merely be present.  So long as they're set up right (I set the pressure to max and deploy at 1000m, arm when the booster falls off) the stages recover fine.  Above that the stage goes outside physics range before impact, Stage Recovery simulates the chutes and their actual settings don't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a weird issue with the button missing.  The module seems to load fine, however there is no button in the list.  I looked through the output log file and noticed the following:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Toolbar] [INFO] adding button: StageRecovery.MainButton
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Toolbar] [INFO] destroying old button with same ID: StageRecovery.MainButton
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[Toolbar] [INFO] button destroyed: StageRecovery.MainButton
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AdminResizer' from assembly 'Strategia'
 

Full Output.log file

I'm running a ton of mods so it's likely something is causing the issue, but was wondering if anyone else may have had this issue before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've been trying to use Real Fuels to recover my first stage with powered landing but it continues to be destroyed well below 2600 m/s. StageRecovery DR velocity is set to 3000 and I'm using Rescale! 6.4x, which raises the atmosphere height to 112km. I noticed in the Info tab in the mod's window that it wasn't registering any propellants being used, despite the other requirements for powered landing being satisfied. Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned using strange or different fuels would be problematic. Is this still the case for Real Fuels or are requirements not satisfied for powered landing?

Edit: I was testing a lower landing velocity and checked the in game console. It says something like:

[LOG 07:52:55.509] [F: 36522]: Vessel Untitled Space Craft Probe was on-rails at 1.0 kPa pressure and was destroyed.
[LOG 07:52:55.510] [SR] Controlling mod is null
[LOG 07:52:55.513] [SR] FMRS is not active.
[LOG 07:52:55.514] [SR] Searching in RecoveryQueue (0) for e8762eec-0fa0-4d86-9279-b4a4b95a6236
[LOG 07:52:55.520] [SR] Vt: 37.4546852606997
[LOG 07:52:55.521] [SR] Trying powered recovery
[LOG 07:52:55.523] [SR] Attempting to use engines to reduce speed from 37.4546852606997 to 4
[LOG 07:52:55.524] [SR] No kerbal pilot found, searching for a probe core...
[LOG 07:52:55.524] [SR] Found an SAS compatible probe core!
[LOG 07:52:55.525] [SR] Target Velocity: 4 Final Velocity: 37.4546852606997
[LOG 07:52:55.525] [SR] Used following propellant amounts: 
[LOG 07:52:55.527] [SR] Stage was not recovered. Distance: 300.44km, Altitude: 29924m
[LOG 07:52:55.527] [SR] D%: 0.958, S%: 0, Total: 0. Funds: 0
[LOG 07:52:55.532] [Vessel Untitled Space Craft Probe]: Vessel was destroyed.

What does it mean by "Controlling mod is null"? Nothing is controlling the stage?

Edited by NyanTurian
Console info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, Shaman said:

I'm running a ton of mods so it's likely something is causing the issue, but was wondering if anyone else may have had this issue before.

Try setting UseToolbarMod to false in StageRecovery's Config.txt file. I can't look at the log currently but I wonder if you've somehow got two installs? At the very least setting that setting to false will cause it to use the Stock toolbar instead, so hopefully it shows up.

7 hours ago, NyanTurian said:

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned using strange or different fuels would be problematic. Is this still the case for Real Fuels or are requirements not satisfied for powered landing?

Looks like it doesn't recognize the engines. Does RealFuels use a different Engine Module than ModuleEngine or ModuleEngineFX? I vaguely recall that they do, which means StageRecovery wouldn't support that right now.

7 hours ago, NyanTurian said:

What does it mean by "Controlling mod is null"? Nothing is controlling the stage?

That's just some debug info for figuring out what mod (SR or FMRS) should handle recovering the stage. If you don't set a particular stage to be recovered by a specific mod using Recovery Controller then FMRS and StageRecovery will try to automatically determine who should handle recovering the stage. Because no mod was set and FMRS isn't active then StageRecovery decided it would attempt recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(at least according to CKAN) This mod doesn't support KSP 1.3.1, but I believe it should work perfectly(since the 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 update doesn't include any changes that seems to be related to this mod.). Is there any planned date for updating it?(I've not tested it myself on 1.3.1) Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

(at least according to CKAN) This mod doesn't support KSP 1.3.1, but I believe it should work perfectly(since the 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 update doesn't include any changes that seems to be related to this mod.). Is there any planned date for updating it?(I've not tested it myself on 1.3.1) Thanks!

Works perfectly fine in 1.3.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2017 at 2:40 PM, magico13 said:

Looks like it doesn't recognize the engines. Does RealFuels use a different Engine Module than ModuleEngine or ModuleEngineFX? I vaguely recall that they do, which means StageRecovery wouldn't support that right now.

That's just some debug info for figuring out what mod (SR or FMRS) should handle recovering the stage. If you don't set a particular stage to be recovered by a specific mod using Recovery Controller then FMRS and StageRecovery will try to automatically determine who should handle recovering the stage. Because no mod was set and FMRS isn't active then StageRecovery decided it would attempt recovery.

I recall something like RealFuels having its own engine module... I'll have to switch back to using SMURFF for the necessary adjustments. Thanks for clearing this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fyrem said:

Does the Stage Recovery take into account the Administration Facility's "Recovery Transponder Fitting" Strategy?

Could it?

I've never really tested it, but because the funds are given back to the player using TransactionReasons.VesselRecovery it should automatically account for that. The StageRecovery windows will all say the "raw" amount but it should be adjusted when the funds are actually returned. You could test it out by recovering a single stage with StageRecovery and see if the amount of money listed is different than the amount actually given to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Nice handy mod, another feature that should be stock and maybe one day will. 
I have a problem with a heavily modded game (including the Galileo Planet Pack AND KSCSwitcher). I changed the ksc to the site on the equator, but when recovering rockets, even with the stock recovery mechanic, percentage of recovery value and distances from ksc are wrong. I tried landing both in the current ksc and in the original site, I can't get over 70% recovery value and distance is way bigger than it should be. Interestingly, when recovering rockets from the launch pad I get 100%, but move the rocket just 300 meters east and I get like 68% and thousands upon thousands of meters of distance. I'm not posting any modlist or addictional info (altough I will happily provide if asked to) because a sufficent solution to me would be setting a minimum percentage of recovery value (like 95%) in some cfg file. Is it possible? I have tried on my own but I can't find any relevant file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Elia said:

a sufficent solution to me would be setting a minimum percentage of recovery value

StageRecovery has a config file in its folder in GameData. If you set the DistanceOverride variable to 0.95 I believe it will do what you want. It won't calculate the distance portion anymore and will instead just use 95% for any distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've got a bug.

In v1.3.1, Stage Recovery doesn't work in Career mode, but seems to work fine in sandbox mode.

Player.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jVy62G6Wcdo-16lFl4KksULqEwGY1SHs

Update: Did a fresh install, problem seems resolved. I will post more information if I find that a specific mod causes my problem.

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had some tourist Kerbals disappear from some capsules. It was a mass tourist event with several Mk1 capsules where all of them landed safely but some of the Kerbals vanished from their capsules before I could retrieve them. I would swear that I had seen this reported before and supposedly fixed but I can't seem to find that. Could it be linked to the pre-recovery option?

Maybe some additional code to ensure that parts are actually off-rails before recovering from them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starwaster said:

Could it be linked to the pre-recovery option?

Maybe some additional code to ensure that parts are actually off-rails before recovering from them?

Yeah, it probably is related to pre-recovery. Unfortunately pre-recovery has to happen before the stage unloads in some situations (you for whatever reason drop a stage with kerbals while on ascent, or you have a kerballed plane that launches rockets, etc). But I can add a restriction that the stage has to be nearly out of physics range of the active vessel, which should at least cut down false positives like your situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, it probably is related to pre-recovery. Unfortunately pre-recovery has to happen before the stage unloads in some situations (you for whatever reason drop a stage with kerbals while on ascent, or you have a kerballed plane that launches rockets, etc). But I can add a restriction that the stage has to be nearly out of physics range of the active vessel, which should at least cut down false positives like your situation.

It also occurs to me that there must be some event that gets triggered when recovering Kerbals that isn't fired when Stage Recovery returns the Kerbals... maybe it would be prudent to fire that event off when SR recovers the Kerbal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starwaster said:

It also occurs to me that there must be some event that gets triggered when recovering Kerbals that isn't fired when Stage Recovery returns the Kerbals... maybe it would be prudent to fire that event off when SR recovers the Kerbal?

Yeah, I need to look into that more. I'm afraid it ties into the OnVesselRecovered event, which unfortunately also triggers things like scene changes. I might be able to get the list of things that are triggered on that even and just fire the methods that are useful to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, I need to look into that more. I'm afraid it ties into the OnVesselRecovered event, which unfortunately also triggers things like scene changes. I might be able to get the list of things that are triggered on that even and just fire the methods that are useful to me.

It does bind to a vessel recovery related event, not that specific one but close enough, and it's checking the vessel parameter's crew listing to see if any of its Kerbals are on it :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Starwaster said:

It does bind to a vessel recovery related event, not that specific one but close enough, and it's checking the vessel parameter's crew listing to see if any of its Kerbals are on it :( 

I'll try to look into it in the next few days. I've got a decent amount of experience getting around various Stock functionalities and overriding them, so I hopefully will find a workaround.

Edit: I've got some changes in the dev builds that add a few more restrictions to pre-recovery (mainly distance from the active vessel and a tweak to the altitude requirements) and it also fires the OnVesselRecovered event without triggering the funds/science/reputation calculations that Stock normally does on that event. Contracts appear to listen for that event. The problem is that they expect the crew to still be on-board, so I might just change pre-recovery so that it does a full recovery of the vessel and just bypasses stock's OnVesselDestroyed nonsense completely. This wouldn't be nearly as large of a problem if stock didn't kill all the crew twice as part of vessel destruction (once before firing an event that can be listened to and once afterward).

Edit2: The latest build now has been tested with tourist contracts and properly recovers the kerbals in a way that will cause the contracts to complete as would be expected.

Edited by magico13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.