[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

• 4 weeks later...

New Packrat is done :D

PR2.pngPR1.png

• Four cargo rack options. 
  • Three roof rack sizes.
  • Optional chassis battery that makes it a long wheelbase. 
  • Fenders are gone, so use whatever wheels you want (above includes the DLC MH wheels as they match really well).  
  • Two RTGs, and three generators.
  • Three fuel can options as well as extra batteries 
  • Inventory crates!

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

PR2.pngPR1.png

• Three roof rack sizes.
  • Fenders are gone, so use whatever wheels you want (above includes the DLC MH wheels as they match really well).  
  • Inventory crates!

How buildable is it via stock inventory?

Just now, RoverDude said:

Extremely.  I've been using it in my save for weeks, built a few so far.  I can stuff everything I need for one in one of the stock 2.5m cargo containers.

Cool.  does it need several kerbals to build?  It was probably a little OP that the old packrat could be built by one kerbal, but at the same time hopefully it isn't too tedious to get built.

Can't wait to try it out.

Just now, goldenpsp said:

Cool.  does it need several kerbals to build?  It was probably a little OP that the old packrat could be built by one kerbal, but at the same time hopefully it isn't too tedious to get built.

Can't wait to try it out.

Depends on where you are, and whether you landed in a Salamander or not (as it has a Konstruction bonus).  

9 hours ago, RoverDude said:

PR2.pngPR1.png

• Three roof rack sizes.
  • Inventory crates!

I mean this as politely as possible but...

Give it to me! This release is looking really good. Can't wait to try and put one of these in the Mun!

On 2/23/2021 at 12:29 AM, RoverDude said:

PR2.pngPR1.png

• Three roof rack sizes.
  • Inventory crates!

Wow, cant wait to drive one, Roverdude!

Love these USI mods! Thanks for the hard work and time you put in. Quick question: I can't seem to load any PackRat  parts into the storage containers (using the stock inventory systemj, no KIS/KAS). Is there something special I need to do to load the parts into a container so I can assemble them on other planets/moons? 

40 minutes ago, JTiberK said:

Love these USI mods! Thanks for the hard work and time you put in. Quick question: I can't seem to load any PackRat  parts into the storage containers (using the stock inventory systemj, no KIS/KAS). Is there something special I need to do to load the parts into a container so I can assemble them on other planets/moons? 

Fixed in the next release :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:29 PM, RoverDude said:

PR2.pngPR1.png

• Three roof rack sizes.
  • Inventory crates!

looks amazing cant wait for it 

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Same as you would with anything else stock - is there a specific part that's causing problems?

I really searched for it but I just can't find a link on KSP-Wiki or somewhere else that explains how Stock Inventory works.  I thought in stock KSP the only use of the Inventory is to place these experiments. But the PakRat stuff doesn't fit into the Inventory of a Kerbal to place it so I thought that there was a different mechanic on how it works that was specific to your mod. But it seems now, that I just don't fully understand the Inventory yet. 

Sorry for that. If you know where I could find a good source about the Stock Inventory and how it works that would be super nice. 

Edited by lensir

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Same as you would with anything else stock - is there a specific part that's causing problems?

Is the "new" stock inventory compatible Packrat out yet?  I haven't seen a new release posted.

2 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Is the "new" stock inventory compatible Packrat out yet?  I haven't seen a new release posted.

In the stable version of MKS, there are many parts that still are not compatible with stock inventory. Soon all of them will, but not now. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.