[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

@Fans, also the Fusion Drive

It's just a bit sad and weird that both parts are nearly impossible to use without more and completely different addons. A dependency on Karbonite (dunno, for example a Karb-Generator in 1.25 factor for the smaller fusion drive and the ESA) would be fine, but atm those parts are only practical if one uses KSPI, NFT or something else.

It's just a bit sad and weird that both parts are nearly impossible to use without more and completely different addons. A dependency on Karbonite (dunno, for example a Karb-Generator in 1.25 factor for the smaller fusion drive and the ESA) would be fine, but atm those parts are only practical if one uses KSPI, NFT or something else.

Not really. I've used them fine with just stock. You just need large battery banks and solar arrays. That being said, I *MAY* *MAY* *MAY* do my own nukes at some point.

I have used them just fine with some stock solar panels and battery packs as well. If you like I'll post some shots of my 'Hopper' single-seat exploration vehicle later on. It's all stock as far as power production goes.

RoverDude, after trying a few of you mods, I have a request: Could you possibly include or do a second pack containing your creations? Just for inspiration and to dissect (and I honestly love them :) )

Would be really nice... (I'm talking about the FTT VTOL CargoShuttle and the AES Hoppers)

Edit: Oh and maybe update your Signature, PackRat Rover is not quite everything :D

Edited by CrazyOdd

RoverDude, after trying a few of you mods, I have a request: Could you possibly include or do a second pack containing your creations? Just for inspiration and to dissect (and I honestly love them :) )

Would be really nice... (I'm talking about the FTT VTOL CargoShuttle and the AES Hoppers)

Edit: Oh and maybe update your Signature, PackRat Rover is not quite everything :D

Define pack? And yeah I need a new sig/website

I installed this pack correctly, but the fans are still saying they need intake air, even with intakes attached.

Your sentence is contradictory ;) Show me a screenshot of your UmbraSpaceIndustries folder and your GameData folder.

Loving the little AES pod :)

http://imgur.com/a/tRtuj

That is sweet :)

Is there any possibility in the future of you separating your mods into different folders in the Gamedata area? Its getting a bit crowded and confusing in my UmbraSpaceIndustries one :P

Probably not as they have a lot of interdependencies... and then I'd just crowd up your GameData folder :)

Yeah, three times now I've downloaded this and the radial engines don't work. Out of the four folders contained within the Gamedata folder of your zip, the only one I had a duplicate of in my actual Gamedata folder was Firespitter. But, I figured, what the hell, so I even replaced the plugin I'd been running with the one you included.

I've copied the unzipped folders exactly into my own Gamedata folder. No additions, no admissions, completely as-is, same as any other install.

Engines are IntakeAtm deprived because the only intake they have is IntakeAir.

I did some digging into your cfgs and I wasn't seeing the micro decoupler was because I've deleted the stock decoupler whose model it requires, so that one is on me.

Edited by Boomerang

Yeah, three times now I've downloaded this and the radial engines don't work. Out of the four folders contained within the Gamedata folder of your zip, the only one I had a duplicate of in my actual Gamedata folder was Firespitter. But, I figured, what the hell, so I even replaced the plugin I'd been running with the one you included.

I've copied the unzipped folders exactly into my own Gamedata folder. No additions, no admissions, completely as-is, same as any other install.

Engines are IntakeAtm deprived because the only intake they have is IntakeAir.

I did some digging into your cfgs and I wasn't seeing the micro decoupler was because I've deleted the stock decoupler whose model it requires, so that one is on me.

Screenshot of your GameData folder and your USI folder. And.. I assume you are on KSP 0.24.2?

Having a problem assembling the rover using the KAS method. The front platform is storing on the front section at a 90 degree angle rather than flat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eh0496d8iz8pqoa/screenshot11.png?dl=0

EDIT: I changed the front section to be tilted about 20 degrees upwards and the front platform now stored correctly. Guess it was just weirdness :)

Edited by JeffreyCor

Oooh, I really want to use those ducted fans on an old HL airship.

What stops you? :D

I have used them just fine with some stock solar panels and battery packs as well. If you like I'll post some shots of my 'Hopper' single-seat exploration vehicle later on. It's all stock as far as power production goes.

Would be highly appreciated. I struggle building something AES-based (means: still small) with VTOL Fans... And I completely fail building something small (1.25) with fusion drive.

@Rover: Nukes would be highly appreciated :D

Rover,

I tried to replace the PackRat Mod with USI Exploration pack, and since then my game crashes on load (x64 version, does not come to title screen). I have approx 40 mods or so, making it tricky to troubleshoot. I suspect some of the other folders you provide (probably not Umbra), but since it crashes (or freezes) on load it is hard for me to tell. And yes, i am sure it is related to USI, as i only changed PackRat -> USI Exp when it started to crash, despite my mod jungle.

1. What can I provide to help you debug (crash log, screenshot of (what) folders)

2. Where should i upload them

3. I use KSP Mod Admin, so if you want me to exclude a folder when activating your mod (USI Exp), please let me know which one I could exclude for testing)

Can't wait to test AES pod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.