[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

7 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

That's just because you should be using KJR :sticktongue: (ducks and runs for cover...)

KJR is a solution, but I will have to make extra parts and if you having many mods, the number of parts can get really out of hand. Anyway, I'm not gonna complain like "the devz are lazy and don't fix their mods before release them, lazy a*****es", because outside the dance, you can critisize all you want and I'm gonna find a solution on my own on this. Like I said, it isn't game breaaking problem.

My favorite little parts pack. Love the little EVA suit thingy. Thanks RoverDude. You are a dynamo. I was experiencing similar issues with mine in 1.05 but once I deleted an out of date copy of MM hiding in some other mod folder I cleared cache, restarted and everything sorted out.

Just an update:

The patch notes for .1203 includes the line

"Fix physics "jolt" caused by wheels clipping non-wheel parts in all circumstances when vessels unpack."

Unfortunately, this does not fix the problem of the Pack Rat exploding on launch.

On 14/04/2016 at 6:44 PM, RoverDude said:

Ok thanks!  I have an idea of what's going on, sit tight till the next update.

Confirmed repair, thank you so much for this @RoverDude I am new to git and bug hunting etc, could you point me to where I can see this change if it was documented (when you have time) :confused:

@RoverDude The latest patch fixed the Pack Rat wheels - they no longer explode, and seem to be perfectly capable. Unfortunately the textures are not being applied properly for some reason - instead of the normal appearance, they are simply a flat grey colour.

Ok so I am going to go on and post this here since I am not sure in the slightest about which of your mods these are from but I have found a small, VERY funny, but ultimately self correcting little glitch with your spherical storage tanks. Namely that if you put the 15m one onto a ship and launch it, you EARN about 718M funds. This self corrects when you collect the craft as you earn an equally large negative funding amount.

Also just to note, the bug fixes itself if you adjust the amount of resource inside the tank but not from just changing what is stored inside it.

While in the proccess of loading up each mod and checking for errors (nearly all of the ones I currently have, have been updated, but doesn't hurt to check), I saw this one generated for one of the small pods:

[ERR 11:53:03.068] File error:
Failed to read past end of stream.
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.Read (.UrlFile file) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[WRN 11:53:03.070] Model load error in 'C:\1.1 modded KSP\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

In looking at it, looks like the IVA majorly broke. The HERP pod semi-broke in that the IVA isn't visible through the windows anymore (or do I need RPM for that one?).

It's this github issue for the AES pod apparently: https://github.com/BobPalmer/ExplorationPack/issues/83

Edited by smjjames

21 hours ago, smjjames said:

While in the proccess of loading up each mod and checking for errors (nearly all of the ones I currently have, have been updated, but doesn't hurt to check), I saw this one generated for one of the small pods:

[ERR 11:53:03.068] File error:
  at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[WRN 11:53:03.070] Model load error in 'C:\1.1 modded KSP\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

In looking at it, looks like the IVA majorly broke. The HERP pod semi-broke in that the IVA isn't visible through the windows anymore (or do I need RPM for that one?).

-snip-

It's this github issue for the AES pod apparently: https://github.com/BobPalmer/ExplorationPack/issues/83

I'm actually not sure if this is related to RPM, did you have RPM? I think RPM actually broke some IVAs too. Hrmmm but oh well, it's in git anyway. Was just curious.

31 minutes ago, blackheart612 said:

I'm actually not sure if this is related to RPM, did you have RPM? I think RPM actually broke some IVAs too. Hrmmm but oh well, it's in git anyway. Was just curious.

I didn't have RPM.

Roverdude's fixed the bug in the github issue tracker anyhow.

Just downloaded the latest version, using 1.1.2, and am getting this error in the log:

[LOG 10:54:09.906] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/ExpPack/AES/Spaces/AES_Internal
[ERR 10:54:09.912] File error:

[WRN 10:54:09.913] Model load error in 'C:\Games\KSP_win\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

When in the SPH/VAB, the AES pod appears transparent when looking at it through the glass (can see the hangar behind it). Have I installed something incorrectly here?

LOVE all of the USI mods! Thanks again for this content. Two issues I've noticed since updating to 1.1 and 1.1.2

One is the missing texture on the Pack Rat wheel assembly seen below. It is also missing in the inventory menu on the left. Any way I can verify the texture file? I have installed a clean version of the ExpPack.

Rde8mb5.jpg

The second issue (this may be a KAS/KIS issue) is that since the 1.1.2 update I cannot find the small containers that fit on the AES rack in the inventory. (the angled ones)

Thanks again for all the USI packs! Amazing stuff.

Edited by chubbsmagoo
Experimenting, updating as I get more info.

16 hours ago, chubbsmagoo said:

LOVE all of the USI mods! Thanks again for this content. Two issues I've noticed since updating to 1.1 and 1.1.2

One is the missing texture on the Pack Rat wheel assembly seen below. It is also missing in the inventory menu on the left. Any way I can verify the texture file? I have installed a clean version of the ExpPack.

Rde8mb5.jpg

The second issue (this may be a KAS/KIS issue) is that since the 1.1.2 update I cannot find the small containers that fit on the AES rack in the inventory. (the angled ones)

Those both sound like possible Module Manager problems, actually.  1.1.2 broke MM - there is a new version available over in it's thread.  Try updating that and see if it fixes your problems.

On 5/2/2016 at 11:47 PM, DStaal said:

Those both sound like possible Module Manager problems, actually.  1.1.2 broke MM - there is a new version available over in it's thread.  Try updating that and see if it fixes your problems.

I don't think it's an MM problem because the wheel doesn't use it. I had the same problem and copied the original dds and mbm files from the squad folder and it works, so I think it's something missing.

Edited by lodestar

On 5/1/2016 at 5:05 AM, chubbsmagoo said:

Rde8mb5.jpg

Rename the texture file "GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\PackRat\MiniWheel\model000.dds" to "roverwheel1.dds" and it will fix the missing texture issue.

The bigger issue with the pack rat right now is the front wheels are always under stress and sink into the ground. It  makes the pack rat pretty much unusable.

rVyLwQ8.jpg

I've raised a GitHub issue: https://github.com/BobPalmer/ExplorationPack/issues/90

Edited by MalevolentNinja

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.