[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Hi,

i've created a mod wich is compatible and include a patch for your external seat,

please let me know if you agree with it (i will remove your patch if not), if you want to include the patch in your mod instead of mine, also can you notify me if something is changing in the concerned parts?

Thank you.

27 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

That's a really awesome mod, @Skalou!  And sure, I would be happy to include a patch.  Feel free to send a PR.

thank you :),

i already made a patch for your mod and is included in the download for now:

// Module Manager patch for "Ext-Seat-Dummy" to the "USIExploration", add a stack node on the external seat to allow the stack of the "Ext-Seat-Dummy-PART" on it.
// Need the mod "Module Manager" to work.

// Patch for the "PackRat Seat" part.
@PART[PackRat_Seat]:FOR[Ext-Seat-Dummy]
{
%node_stack_ExtSeat = 0.0, -0.06510, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
//attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
@attachRules = 0,1,1,1,0 //allow to be surface attachable
}

Do you prefer to include it in your mod instead of mine? it's up to you.

Hey RoverDude,

It says on the GitHub page of the Exploration pack that "Sub Pack and Survivablilty Pack have been merged into the Exploration Pack". However, when Exploration Pack is downloaded through CKAN, the previously mentioned packs are not included in the download. Could this be unintentional or am I just confused about something?

9 hours ago, worm said:

Hey RoverDude,

It says on the GitHub page of the Exploration pack that "Sub Pack and Survivablilty Pack have been merged into the Exploration Pack". However, when Exploration Pack is downloaded through CKAN, the previously mentioned packs are not included in the download. Could this be unintentional or am I just confused about something?

CKAN likely still has them separated for some reason - they have to bundle things differently on occasion, so they may not have followed the merge.  Best to start on their thread and see if there's a fix - or install manually.

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

The entire point is that it is not there for customization - it's a specific set of parts meant to be field assembled.  The only customization is what you toss on the chassis nodes.

Well, could you at least add a middle chassis and rollcage?

It has a rollcage - one that fits exactly on the two-part chassis it already has :)

As I said, this one has a very specific design, the only variance is the payload.  If you want something of a similar form factor with a bit more versatility, consider the Malemute:

Hi guys.

I have recently been having a problem with the micro ducted fan. Seems to not get any atmosphere resource.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, (including firespitter).

Is this a known issue? Or can anyone suggest what I have done wrong?

As a bit of an update with my issue, the micro ducted fan (as well as other Intake ATM engines) are not working due to showing as deprived of resource "intakeAtm".

I have tried reinstalling a bunch of things, including firespitter and the community resource pack. Nothing has worked so far.

I even tried adding my own IntakeATM config to the community resource pack. No luck.

Perhaps if someone could explain a little more how "IntakeATM" works it might be helpful. For example, how is it supposed to show up in Kerbins atmosphere? Where is this detailed? What is the mechanism? Is it in the community resource pack?

Thanks for any help.

On 1/25/2017 at 5:00 PM, Remi said:

Hi guys.

I have recently been having a problem with the micro ducted fan. Seems to not get any atmosphere resource.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, (including firespitter).

Is this a known issue? Or can anyone suggest what I have done wrong?

having the same issue...no intakeATM on kerbin at least, gonna test other planets. engines and ducted fans get no intakeATM...pretty bad, since those are pretty much the reason i'm using the modpack :wink:

25 minutes ago, 9bananas said:

having the same issue...no intakeATM on kerbin at least, gonna test other planets. engines and ducted fans get no intakeATM...pretty bad, since those are pretty much the reason i'm using the modpack :wink:

Hi 9bananas (great name btw).

I managed to fix this issue for my installation at least by removing the mod "Kerbal Research and Development".

Not sure if your problem has the same root cause, but worth a look if you have it installed.

Edited by Remi

39 minutes ago, Remi said:

Hi 9bananas (great name btw).

I managed to fix this issue for my installation at least by removing the mod "Kerbal Research and Development"

thanks for the compliment^^

well...what can i say? derp...i shoud have thought of that...i'm not even using it anymore, but seriously...that mod causes CONFLICTS! ok, this is it...no more K R'n'D for me!

thank you sooo much for replying, it'd have taken forever to figure this one out XD

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'm using this pack and KRnD together with no issues.  So something else must be in play somehow here.

I've not managed to test anything yet but i can't see how the IntakeATM work's when there is no config file in CRP for it.

49 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'm using this pack and KRnD together with no issues.  So something else must be in play somehow here.

probably...but due to it's nature (altering pretty much all parts) KRnD doesn't always play well with other plugins...since i'm at ~130 mods, i'm better off just not using KRnD :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.