[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Okay, that's it, I officially have to make a pure KSP install for just the Rover dude mods, my computer wont play all the rover dude mods and any of the other ones I play with. I already gave up deadly re-entry for the last one. Now this. I'm logging an official request :P , since you keep making great mods, you're just going to have to re-write the 64 bit Ksp to be perfectly stable so we can use all the mods :P {<- I would drop bricks. I would. Don't test me :D }

Yes I love tiny parts! you sir are a brilliant.

So I take it the old modders tale that kerbals clip through and glitch out in .625 meter pods was just a myth? and speaking of that myth is the DERP pod going to be included in this pack?

DERP will be in survivability pack. And yeah that pod is pretty much the EXACT limit of a sitting Kerbal ;)

Just an FYI, the new ducted fan motors are not Mirroring properly, the one on the other side end up point upside down. My first test craft did a barrel roll....

As far as I understand, symmetric parts in the SPH are not actually mirrored but rotated 180° around the 'forward' direction. So only engines pointing forward or backward by default will be mirrored fine.

Edited by pellinor0

As far as I understand, symmetric parts in the SPH are not actually mirrored but rotated 180° in the 'forward' direction. So only engines pointing forward/backward by default will be mirrored fine.

And yeah I cannot move those guys because you have NO idea how many tries it took to get FireSpitter to work correctly with both fans going in opposite directions :P

i have same issue in SPH electrick engines dont mirror properly ( first time i saw it and lauched it realy spin completly out of control)if placed one is ok second is upside-down

and could be funny to have a way to instal nev cocpit to packrat ( for umm "safer" rides?)

Edited by sober667

Have same problem as eygc ( Uhhh so how do I use the fans? They get no intake. Am I missing some part? ) and had 4000 ElectricCharge ? This Linux frindly ?

EDIT- I see you made the

RESOURCE

{

name = IntakeAtm

amount = 0

maxAmount = 5

isTweakable = false

hideFlow = true

}

and not sure what this is doing
MODULE

{

name = ORSModuleAirIntake

scoopair = 0.15

autoActivate = false

}

But what is Convertering or Generatoring ( IntakeAtm ) ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with ductfan spinnings out of control if adding the "tail" fan like in the images?

Standard construction: AES Pod==FAN on each side========structs & cargoracks=====FAN on each side====Tailfan

/Rikard

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with ductfan spinnings out of control if adding the "tail" fan like in the images?

Standard construction: AES Pod==FAN on each side========structs & cargoracks=====FAN on each side====Tailfan

/Rikard

Set it's thrust limiter to 0 ;)

Have same problem as eygc ( Uhhh so how do I use the fans? They get no intake. Am I missing some part? ) and had 4000 ElectricCharge ? This Linux frindly ?

EDIT- I see you made the and not sure what this is doing

But what is Convertering or Generatoring ( IntakeAtm ) ?

You need to grab all of the stuff in that ZIP and drop it in exactly the same places as shown in the ZIP.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for another bug report but the IVA of the cockpit appears outside the vessel.

http://i.imgur.com/leODm5H.png

Other than that its a great mod and is very useful.

It also appears to happen every time I use a vessel with that part on.

Try a reinstall from a fresh zip, launch pod only, show results.

The AES cockpit is adorable, and exactly the thing I was looking for to replace the probe core with a live kerbal in an ion glider:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Flies like a charm. A slow charm, a relatively ugly charm, but a charm nonetheless. Stock ion engine, lifts off slightly below 40 m/s with NEAR (and barely makes 45 m/s peak speed).

I found a bug. Doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but it annoys me. When in the editor, you can see the floor/walls of the VAB/SPH behind the pod through the windows. The log isn't saying any errors though.

I strongly suspect you did not extract the DLLs from the install and put them in the correct folders. You should see the IVA in the VAB. Please reinstall, overwrite all files prompted, and do not exclude or move any files.

There's a Critter Crawler in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82341-24-2-B-Dynamics-Retracting-vectoring-engines-etc-v1-1-1-(Aug-11). Just add tweakscale config to it to resize to small, and you have something better than a mech - a cyber spider!

I've also found another bug with disappearing back/seating part of the cockpit. It's working fine, but as soon as kerbal exits, it's gone, and you can look straight through it! See the screencap: pqD8WVA.jpg

When kerbal boards, everything is back to normal.

I strongly suspect you did not extract the DLLs from the install and put them in the correct folders. You should see the IVA in the VAB. Please reinstall, overwrite all files prompted, and do not exclude or move any files.

I'm pretty sure I installed it right.

There's a Critter Crawler in http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/82341-24-2-B-Dynamics-Retracting-vectoring-engines-etc-v1-1-1-(Aug-11). Just add tweakscale config to it to resize to small, and you have something better than a mech - a cyber spider!

I've also found another bug with disappearing back/seating part of the cockpit. It's working fine, but as soon as kerbal exits, it's gone, and you can look straight through it! See the screencap: http://i.imgur.com/pqD8WVA.jpg

When kerbal boards, everything is back to normal.

I dunno rover. I don't think we all installed this mod incorrectly. I did a fresh install of mods with these updates.

[edit] and i see there is a difference between EVA (which you are aware of) and IVA so I will be quiet as to not muddy the waters.

Edited by goldenpsp

I checked, and I installed mine right. Must be a bug with the plugin that does the IVA. I recommend using RPM's transparent pod if you don't already, as it seems to work fine.

EDIT: A reinstall fixed the problems. It seems odd that installing something then reinstalling the exact same thing fixed it.

EDIT2: When I EVA the kerbal, it goes transparent like what I experienced in the editor. I think it is an issue with the plugin that makes the windows transparent. I suggest switching to RPM's transparent pod module as it does not have the issue.

Edited by mike9606

I checked, and I installed mine right. Must be a bug with the plugin that does the IVA. I recommend using RPM's transparent pod if you don't already, as it seems to work fine.

EDIT: A reinstall fixed the problems. It seems odd that installing something then reinstalling the exact same thing fixed it.

EDIT2: When I EVA the kerbal, it goes transparent like what I experienced in the editor. I think it is an issue with the plugin that makes the windows transparent. I suggest switching to RPM's transparent pod module as it does not have the issue.

No offense, but you probably installed it incorrectly the first go around because what you experiences was precisely what happens when you do not have the correct DLL.

And no, I have no intention of switching to RPM. I looked at it, but the mod itself is too heavy weight for this one thing. Maybe if that bit was released as it's own plugin I would consider it.

I'm aware of the EVA bug, will look into it.

I had the bug of the cockpit interior appearing outside. It even survives a reinstall. I track it down to the Karbonite Plus 0.1.1.

It has a DLL with same name and smaller size. Overwriting it with the ExpPack 0.1.1 one solved it.

I had the bug of the cockpit interior appearing outside. It even survives a reinstall. I track it down to the Karbonite Plus 0.1.1.

It has a DLL with same name and smaller size. Overwriting it with the ExpPack 0.1.1 one solved it.

This is kinda why I say to overwrite stuff when you install this ;)

This is kinda why I say to overwrite stuff when you install this ;)

This is why I guess you'd need to start putting an install order in. Cause if I follow those directions by installing karbonite plus second, I just overwrote the DLL with the wrong version. Which is exactly what happened.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.