[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Rover,

I tried to replace the PackRat Mod with USI Exploration pack, and since then my game crashes on load (x64 version, does not come to title screen). I have approx 40 mods or so, making it tricky to troubleshoot. I suspect some of the other folders you provide (probably not Umbra), but since it crashes (or freezes) on load it is hard for me to tell. And yes, i am sure it is related to USI, as i only changed PackRat -> USI Exp when it started to crash, despite my mod jungle.

1. What can I provide to help you debug (crash log, screenshot of (what) folders)

2. Where should i upload them

3. I use KSP Mod Admin, so if you want me to exclude a folder when activating your mod (USI Exp), please let me know which one I could exclude for testing)

Can't wait to test AES pod

Delete packrat first, reinstall manually. It's a non-plugin part so I expect your crash is plugin related.

Done that already, only file overvriten was Firespitter.dll who is updated for this.

Has just one Firespitter.dll, this is an common issue.

For both of these.... KSP version, screenshots of GameData and UmbraSpaceIndustries folder. And get KSP-AVC if you don't already have it, it makes my job easier :)

Hello! Great mod, everything looks so pretty. Especially the AES!

I've built quite a number of things with this part pack and I have to say it's outstanding work.

There is an issue however; The electric ducted fan is... annoying to use. Not the power draw, but rather in construction.

It's not possible to attach it properly in the SPH bilateral symmetry mode, because one side faces up and the other faces down, causing the craft to spin. The only way they face the same direction is if I attach them facing forwards/backwards, but that's not really useful.

Other than that, good work!

I've built quite a number of things with this part pack and I have to say it's outstanding work.

There is an issue however; The electric ducted fan is... annoying to use. Not the power draw, but rather in construction.

It's not possible to attach it properly in the SPH bilateral symmetry mode, because one side faces up and the other faces down, causing the craft to spin. The only way they face the same direction is if I attach them facing forwards/backwards, but that's not really useful.

Watch the video. He explains why

http://youtu.be/j2ia5GmNYEc

Watch the video. He explains why

http://youtu.be/j2ia5GmNYEc

Yep. Short version is that VAB wants props one way, FireSpitter to have contra-rotating propellers wants them another way, and I'd have to completely redo the model and some maths to get it to work out so you get symmetry and properly spinning props. It's definitly doable, but not without a model adjustment

Ducket fan work bad becouse its start position is bad Rover dude if u can rotate them they would work good. i Saw that problem in other mod and that was a way that he dill with it (probably?)

Ducket fan work bad becouse its start position is bad Rover dude if u can rotate them they would work good. i Saw that problem in other mod and that was a way that he dill with it (probably?)

This was just addresed like 4 posts back.

Yep. Short version is that VAB wants props one way, FireSpitter to have contra-rotating propellers wants them another way, and I'd have to completely redo the model and some maths to get it to work out so you get symmetry and properly spinning props. It's definitly doable, but not without a model adjustment

tl;dr: He's aware of it, in the mean time don't attach them via symmetry mode :P

hrm... it doesn't show my DLL dates but looks like you at least did these today, which is good. Remind me again what your symptom you're seeing?

The electric ducted fan flames out due to no Intake air. I just downloaded it all fresh and put it in a clean install.

HI Guys

I may be doing something wrong, but i CANNOT get a Kerbal to board the packrat, and its making me sad, I just delivered one to the moon and i wanna go driving about :P

Any thoughts or suggestions? its carrying no extras, just 5 seats and the mini SAS.

Regards

The Gecko

Awesome :) Always cool when we luck out and get an extra benefit from a change

im intrested in one think cuold be way to make nods same as for containers so we cold add them to assembled-in-fligth one?( that should't be so comlicated some changes in the nodes KAS definitions) becouse now we need to attach them in VAB wich looks good but...its not THAT practical( but have with us some spare parts to upgrade it and haul science equpment or even another packrat is AVESOME )

HI Guys

I may be doing something wrong, but i CANNOT get a Kerbal to board the packrat, and its making me sad, I just delivered one to the moon and i wanna go driving about :P

Any thoughts or suggestions? its carrying no extras, just 5 seats and the mini SAS.

Regards

The Gecko

Say somethink more and maby screenshot of your rover u can click on seat? have any warnig message? Edited by sober667

Can we haz conical mini pod.

Kerbal won't fit in one - the AES is about as small as you can get without random clipping.

The electric ducted fan flames out due to no Intake air. I just downloaded it all fresh and put it in a clean install.

Scratching my head on this one. Let me try on a completely clean install for you.

HI Guys

Regards

The Gecko

they work like any command seat - just click and board

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.