[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

I'm getting a notice on game startup that firespitter can't be loaded. Then when I build and deploy the packrat, the packrat locks up (can't drive, can't dismount the kerbal, etc). I checked the firespitter thread but no mention of a .90 release. What am I doing wrong?

I'm getting a notice on game startup that firespitter can't be loaded. Then when I build and deploy the packrat, the packrat locks up (can't drive, can't dismount the kerbal, etc). I checked the firespitter thread but no mention of a .90 release. What am I doing wrong?

Snjo hasnt updated the first post, but he did update the plugin.

Can be found on this thread here

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2?p=1603900&viewfull=1#post1603900

Or his github.

0.3.1 is up

Updated Regolith, CRP, USI Tools. So no new content just a dependency refresh.

I see you're updating almost all your packs tonight. Are they all like this one? If we already have them installed do we just need to update Regolith, CRP, and USI Tools? Or are there things besides those updated in the other packs?

@RoverDude, I noticed that the EVAX part has disappeared in the latest version of survivability. Any chance that will come back? I think it's an awesome part! :)

PS. Thank you so much for all of USI. It's truly inspiring to see all your hard work and I think Squad should somehow commend your work! Maybe a plaque or something :)

I don't think EVAX is one of my parts ;) But thanks!

So embarrassed! You're right, it's part of universal storage. But I hope you'll take it as a compliment, I consider your mods and the universal storage to be the most beautifully crafted mods in the game. EVAX really fits a lot better in this mod I think.

Anyways, I'll go reinstall universal storage now. :)

This mod seems to cause me to be unable to revert to VAB when I launch a rocket.

I installed the MKS master first, and then this mod, and I overwrote all the files it asked about.

EDIT: I just checked it by installing it by itself- it is definitely this mod. I do not know how to mod anything more complex than a config file, so I can't narrow it down much further than that- Sorry.

Edited by kklusmeier

I determined the problem.

I was installing from the 'github repo' master copy, which has other folders in it. The other Umbra mods are fine using that method, but this pack has different files in the github variant apparently- the install from the 'latest release' is good.

Thanks a lot for your help! Off to start my Karbonite, Koloziation, and Kapitalistic Konquest of the system.

Hey great mod! I think the rover is much more beginner-friendly than any stock ones I could build, what with node attachment, inbuilt power supply, and the impact-tolerant landing cage (the rover itself seems pretty tough too, I have survived flips that would probably wreck a stock rover), so much so that I'm tempted to just use it for my tutorial.

There's just one thing that seems off to me though. Why does the seat cost 1,000 funds more than the regular seat, when the only difference is node attachment? (One can just surface-attach the regular seat to the Pack Rat, if a little less conveniently.) If Umbra Space Industries needs the funds, they should just charge more for the back section instead. After all, it has a freakin' RTG in it. :P

Edited by Spheniscine

There's just one thing that seems off to me though. Why does the seat cost 1,000 funds more than the regular seat, when the only difference is node attachment? (One can just surface-attach the regular seat to the Pack Rat, if a little less conveniently.) If Umbra Space Industries needs the funds, they should just charge more for the back section instead. After all, it has a freakin' RTG in it. :P

Its foldable! Thats why its more expensive :P

(I.E. its KAS Storable)

Having fun with the exploration pack, I made the Dragonfly. It's a tilt-fan aircraft with VTOL and hover capabilities. Originally designed as a robotic probe, I added the one-kerbal cockpit to it at the last minute.

Dragonfly entering Duna's atmosphere:

YNT5cuI.png

Skimming the ground:

i1uXkb8.png

And doing science:

hZYINaz.png

Lots of fun, this exploration pack. :)

Hey Angel, your dragonfly looks fantastic :) What mods are used to build it? And maybe I could trouble you for a copy of the craft file? :D

Also, RoverDude, do you happen to have to have any of the craft files for the crafts in the pictures on the first page still laying around?

Hey Angel, your dragonfly looks fantastic :) What mods are used to build it? And maybe I could trouble you for a copy of the craft file? :D

Also, RoverDude, do you happen to have to have any of the craft files for the crafts in the pictures on the first page still laying around?

I will post the craft file when I get home from work. Mods include Near Future Electrical, Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System, Infernal Robotics with zoidinfuser's model reworks, DMagic Orbital Science, Tewakscale.

Does anyone actually have an insight on attaching the rover to the rover delivery cage? There appear to be two nodes, a smaller one inside a larger one, near the top. I'm having trouble attaching to just the little node, and the stock decouplers I'm trying to attach appear to float....which makes me think I'm supposed to use a different piece there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.