[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Yeah I see.. it sometimes works and sometimes not -- but now there's no pattern to the hangs. Before it would work every time if I took out the 4 hover-fan engines. I do not use KSPI-E, but perhaps I have too many other mods (1725meg memory usage when it starts up though). Maybe module manager is getting confused, I have better success loading up KSP if I delete the cache every time.

Edited by Zach9236

Was there a github issue? I sweep through those when I make releases, not these threads ;) If there is not one add one so it gets picked up next patch.

Added pull requests for all USI mods still with TechManager NEEDS.

NVM. I see there is already an issue for it.

Getting this error.

[LOG 09:27:29.784] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/ExpPack/AES/Spaces/AES_Internal

[ERR 09:27:29.788] File error:

Failed to read past end of stream.

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadTextures (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.GameObject o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A..ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at A.. (.UrlFile ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[WRN 09:27:29.791] Model load error in 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

[WRN 09:27:29.791] Model load error in 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

(emphasis mine)

Try moving KSP out of Program Files - it's been known to cause issues.

So post update I was playing with the packrat. One nitpick is that the new KIS settings make it a bit OP. All of the parts have been set with a KIS storage override of 100 and the wheels at 700. So based on this you can fit 7 complete packrats (with top rack) into an MKS base unit. A complete packrat will fit into a KIS small container with room to spare. It doesn't really fit with the way KIS storage size works.

Also the method used to build that prog outlines in his video in post #836 doesn't work anymore. I'm guessing due to the removal of the probe core was the cause. I think there is an alternative way to do it but I need to get to sleep.

Anyone else notice that the Kerbals in Herp pods show up in the Kerbal picture list (Lower right of the screen) on all ships NEAR the ship with the HERP pod. I have a Kerbal in a Herp pod on the surface of Minmus and the Flag shows the Kerbal in the lower right corner.

Seems the Packrat seat is suffering the same problem as the stock seat: in the KIS, it won'T have an icon so you're stuck dragging invisible stuff...

Edit: Also how do you assemble it ? KAS assembly if i remember well was front first but all my field tests have sent it through the ground. And for some reason the parts don't want to come close to the camera in the VAB...

Edited by Mokmo

Seems the Packrat seat is suffering the same problem as the stock seat: in the KIS, it won'T have an icon so you're stuck dragging invisible stuff...

Edit: Also how do you assemble it ? KAS assembly if i remember well was front first but all my field tests have sent it through the ground. And for some reason the parts don't want to come close to the camera in the VAB...

This mostly works, although with the packrat no longer being a probe core you actually have to board the packrat to release the separator

https://youtu.be/QI_4_z3LXmU

The seat issue isn't KIS but KSP

https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/41

This mostly works, although with the packrat no longer being a probe core you actually have to board the packrat to release the separator

https://youtu.be/QI_4_z3LXmU

The seat issue isn't KIS but KSP

https://github.com/KospY/KIS/issues/41

I was so far from getting this right... Thanks for the build video

I noticed you put a SoundingRockets probe core and batteries. Makes sense.

I was so far from getting this right... Thanks for the build video

I noticed you put a SoundingRockets probe core and batteries. Makes sense.

I can't take credit. Not my video. It was posted earlier in the thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.